> Timmy Bradley, staying in his lane
Dolimite
post Jan 30 2014, 12:19 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 30 2014, 07:01 AM) *
He spoke his truth, I ain't mad at that. Because as he said at the end of the day he's providing for his family and he went with the best situation possible. The only thing I found weird or slightly laughable was that he somehow thinks he has pull in the boxing ranks.

Like when he said he's going to put pressure on them and maybe they'll come over when their contract is up lol. I found that entertaining because no one in their right mind would leave Haymon or GB to fight those tomato cans at TR. Look what happened to Andre Dirrell when he left, he's milk carton status now

And Tim is getting $6mil but Broner and Danny's purses are in the millions already and I think they'll lap his current guaranteed contract in due time. I can't name too many fighters who I believe would make the switch and they all seem happy with GB. They're in big fight after big fight something it took him too long to do and those at GB doing it in half the time. I stand by what I said when I said he played himself, but he getting paid and his family will be taken care of

I respect the fact that he wants to provide for his family and that he has guaranteed money. However, his reasons for not leaving just seem backwards. He does not know the cats at GB but he does know how royally fucked Manny is getting, what makes him think he will be any different. Plus, he asked for 10 million and came up 4 million dollars short. he also said that there would be no guarantee that if he left he would get the FMJ fight. He damn well can make that apart of his contract that he gets Floyd and of course Floyd would want to fight him, the promotion can sells itself. May is fighting the guy that beat Pac and JMM. Bradley also said that Manny and Floyd haven't fought so what would be his guarantee that he would get FMJ? I am like there is a reason WHY they haven't fought and it is because he is with TR and Rob Arum. I don't know. The action is over at GB and the BS fights are with TR. Timmy may go undefeated because he wi fight Ruslan 3 more times, Pac 2 more times and Rios 2 times and Mike 4 times. Shit sucks. I would of loved to see Garcia vs. Tim, Tim vs. Marcos, Tim vs. Porter, Tim vs. Thurman, so many great match ups!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 30 2014, 07:03 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 30 2014, 11:19 AM) *
I respect the fact that he wants to provide for his family and that he has guaranteed money. However, his reasons for not leaving just seem backwards. He does not know the cats at GB but he does know how royally fucked Manny is getting, what makes him think he will be any different. Plus, he asked for 10 million and came up 4 million dollars short. he also said that there would be no guarantee that if he left he would get the FMJ fight. He damn well can make that apart of his contract that he gets Floyd and of course Floyd would want to fight him, the promotion can sells itself. May is fighting the guy that beat Pac and JMM. Bradley also said that Manny and Floyd haven't fought so what would be his guarantee that he would get FMJ? I am like there is a reason WHY they haven't fought and it is because he is with TR and Rob Arum. I don't know. The action is over at GB and the BS fights are with TR. Timmy may go undefeated because he wi fight Ruslan 3 more times, Pac 2 more times and Rios 2 times and Mike 4 times. Shit sucks. I would of loved to see Garcia vs. Tim, Tim vs. Marcos, Tim vs. Porter, Tim vs. Thurman, so many great match ups!

I'm just disappointed by the move, he's the #3 P4P guy in the sport arguably but yet he didn't go after the career defining fights that waited for him with GB. I don't see how fighting the zombies that TR has, propels him in the sport. In fact, I think this will only hurt him. The present and the future of the 140-154lb divisions is at GB. Eventually he'll grow out of 147 and move up to 154, then whose he got there? Vanes ain't with TR, he's with Goosen now and Andrade is with Star boxing and he's being lined up for a slew of fights with GB guys.

If you have a choice, you don't chose a Nissan Altima over a a Bentley..he's a Nissan guy now and he took the easy way out...he dodged the Bentley for what ever reasons. He talks about knowing the HBO people but he was trying to get to HBO when those same people (Hershman) was still running Showtime. He admits he has some love/hate relationship and in truth every fight under them with the exception of the Cassamayor fight they've dissed him or mistreated him. Then you let your lady take you from $5 to only $6mil. May be he's not as smart as I thought he was

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 30 2014, 07:08 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 30 2014, 09:24 AM) *
Says who? While I don't know Mrs. Bradley and won't disrespect Tim's wife by labeling her a "gold digger", but I've always thought it to be a bad business decision, to add family into business, to include and especially a spouse. I'm sorry, but "title doesn't dictate behavior".

That stuff never works out....see Shane for that. And I don't care how long you been f*ckin me, if you don't have no experience in said area, I'm not using you for that specific business purpose. Just because your married or in a relationship doesn't mean yall have to break bread together, at times it makes it more stressful. I've seen it happen with my brother. The arguments intensify, that's the guarantee, the only guarantee.

Show me where she's qualified to handle this stuff then I'll STFU...because she's his wife? FOH

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 31 2014, 02:34 PM
Post #34

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 30 2014, 05:03 PM) *
I'm just disappointed by the move, he's the #3 P4P guy in the sport arguably but yet he didn't go after the career defining fights that waited for him with GB. I don't see how fighting the zombies that TR has, propels him in the sport. In fact, I think this will only hurt him. The present and the future of the 140-154lb divisions is at GB. Eventually he'll grow out of 147 and move up to 154, then whose he got there? Vanes ain't with TR, he's with Goosen now and Andrade is with Star boxing and he's being lined up for a slew of fights with GB guys.

If you have a choice, you don't chose a Nissan Altima over a a Bentley..he's a Nissan guy now and he took the easy way out...he dodged the Bentley for what ever reasons. He talks about knowing the HBO people but he was trying to get to HBO when those same people (Hershman) was still running Showtime. He admits he has some love/hate relationship and in truth every fight under them with the exception of the Cassamayor fight they've dissed him or mistreated him. Then you let your lady take you from $5 to only $6mil. May be he's not as smart as I thought he was

http://www.boxingscene.com/bradley-open-ma...ematches--74215
This will be Bradley's entire career, rematches after rematch. I am still pissed at his decision.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 31 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 31 2014, 01:34 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/bradley-open-ma...ematches--74215
This will be Bradley's entire career, rematches after rematch. I am still pissed at his decision.

He going to be another 30 for 30..."the legend that never was"

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 1 2014, 10:54 AM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 31 2014, 08:44 PM) *
He going to be another 30 for 30..."the legend that never was"

ESPN needs to hire you....
Who you got tomorrow?

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Feb 1 2014, 11:07 AM
Post #37

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

yeah that was a good1

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 1 2014, 06:20 PM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

wonder what this puts his stock to really

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 1 2014, 08:15 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 1 2014, 09:54 AM) *
ESPN needs to hire you....
Who you got tomorrow?

They can't afford me

Denver, I hate Seattle, Carroll is a rule breaking coach. We've seen it when he was at USC and form his PED abusing defensive players in Seattle. I watched Russel Wilson when he was at Wisconsin and I love him but Sherman and Lynch play up too many bad stereotypes. I've never been a fan of Marshawn and his behavior this week only confirms that some players need media training. I thought I was listening to a rapper when he spoke. And Sherman is over-rated, he the Dennis Rodman of football, he good at getting under people's skin

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 1 2014, 09:38 PM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 1 2014, 05:15 PM) *
They can't afford me

Denver, I hate Seattle, Carroll is a rule breaking coach. We've seen it when he was at USC and form his PED abusing defensive players in Seattle. I watched Russel Wilson when he was at Wisconsin and I love him but Sherman and Lynch play up too many bad stereotypes. I've never been a fan of Marshawn and his behavior this week only confirms that some players need media training. I thought I was listening to a rapper when he spoke. And Sherman is over-rated, he the Dennis Rodman of football, he good at getting under people's skin

Lynch since he has been at Cal hated the media. I love Carrol as a coach even if he coached at the bitch ass school. I love Sherman, he went to Dominguez High and that ain't an easy area to live in. I think Sherman is a good guy and I have no idea what all the hoopla is surrounding him. He got a 1400 on his SATs has a masters degree from Stanford. I watched Russell since he was at North Carolina St, dude has heart, his pop died while he was in college, real sad. I don't know what you mean by stereotypes when you speak of Sherman. Dude got caught in the moment, and Cabtree started the whole thing, but to each its own. Go 'Hawks!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:40 AM