IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fox Sports 1-@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Callazo vs. Ortiz: SPOILERS, No New Threads or Streems (Add DVR Time-Ball Game Previous)
Jack 1000
post Jan 28 2014, 10:01 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Hey Guys,

Creating a thread for this fight. Notice the unusal day, THURSDAY NIGHT. We will probably just change the title to a Round by Round Spoiler thread come Thursday afternoon. This is a fight that should be talked about so it doesn't fly under the radar. I think Ortiz takes this one by a close but unanimous decision. BUT remember there is quit in him from time to time when things get rough. On the other hand, who can forget his incredible war with Andre Berto in a FOTY match! (When Ortiz did not quit.)

Will Delahoya's twin fold under pressure? Give a workmen like, although uninspiring performance? Or come out, foul and apoligize and pay for it by being "too nice?" (Mayweather.)

Victor's a puzzle, you don't know what you're going to get from him. Ortiz will get the decision because Golden Boy wants one last opportunity to get him another title shot. "Unlucky" Louie, in order to win, I think must make Ortiz quit. Victor's got up to a forty percent chance of quitting again. A twenty percent chance of fighting like against Berto, and a fourty percent chance of winning, but looking average. I am going to predict an average win for Ortiz, but who knows?

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Jan 28 2014, 11:21 PM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,114

I like Ortiz myself, always have... GB kept him at 140 far too long and he paid the price against Maidana but so what? Only novices hark on that meltdown and call him heartless when in fact he came back very strong and dethroned Berto soon after... I'm rooting for a win over the tough Collazo then a future rematch with Chino at 147

with no struggle to make weight, he avenges that loss

+Quote Post
beenKOed
post Jan 28 2014, 11:46 PM
Post #3

Amateur

Member No.: 14,104

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 28 2014, 07:01 PM) *
Hey Guys,

Creating a thread for this fight. Notice the unusal day, THURSDAY NIGHT. We will probably just change the title to a Round by Round Spoiler thread come Thursday afternoon. This is a fight that should be talked about so it doesn't fly under the radar. I think Ortiz takes this one by a close but unanimous decision. BUT remember there is quit in him from time to time when things get rough. On the other hand, who can forget his incredible war with Andre Berto in a FOTY match! (When Ortiz did not quit.)

Will Delahoya's twin fold under pressure? Give a workmen like, although uninspiring performance? Or come out, foul and apoligize and pay for it by being "too nice?" (Mayweather.)

Victor's a puzzle, you don't know what you're going to get from him. Ortiz will get the decision because Golden Boy wants one last opportunity to get him another title shot. "Unlucky" Louie, in order to win, I think must make Ortiz quit. Victor's got up to a forty percent chance of quitting again. A twenty percent chance of fighting like against Berto, and a fourty percent chance of winning, but looking average. I am going to predict an average win for Ortiz, but who knows?

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 29 2014, 10:29 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 28 2014, 07:01 PM) *
Hey Guys,

Jack

This is a career fight for both men, they need a win so this will be an all out brawl. The undercard will be good as well.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 29 2014, 11:47 AM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Collazo has said that he's coming to chin check Ortiz. I'm expecting a tough fight for both men. Victor has been out of the ring for a while so I want to see how he responds to getting hit. Collazo isn't going to take it easy on him so Ortiz better be sharp

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jan 29 2014, 04:54 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

Callazo is tough.. Ortiz is suspect... Good point made by Jack, we never know what Ortiz your gonna get.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Jan 29 2014, 05:01 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

Quote name='TheCritics' date='Jan 29 2014, 12:21 A='599029']
I like Ortiz myself, always have... GB kept him at 140 far too long and he paid the price against Maidana but so what? Only novices hark on that meltdown and call him heartless when in fact he came back very strong and dethroned Berto soon after...
[/quote]

Only to start to meltdown again in the early rounds in the biggest fight of his career?

Ortiz can't swim in deep water

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Jan 29 2014, 05:14 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

Here's my take, for one GB was wrong for putting him in the ring with Mayweather in the first place but I digress... 1) His handlers kept him at Jr Welter far too long and it affected his power against Maidana and his stamina against Peterson 2) He's had the wrong Garcia in his corner and still gave us outstanding fights every time out 3) Under my tutelage I would have stripped him of the surfer dude persona when working/training and MADE him learn under the guise of Nacho's sweaty/stinky rank gym in Mexi

on his down time go "Dancing With Stars", movie cameo, surfer dude all he wants

This post has been edited by TheCritics: Jan 29 2014, 06:40 PM

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 29 2014, 06:33 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i think victor's position when he quit, was alot different then now, he quit to save himself because he kne he was safe in boxing still, now hes not so sure, and he knows he will need this comeback or hes done, i see him going all out and dominating. then again who knows. collazo dont lay down for nobody.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 29 2014, 07:22 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-victor-or...o-weigh---74152

First off Ortiz ain't from Cali, cut that shit, and second, he needs to find another barber. I am looking forward to seeing GRJ.

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:21 AM