IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fox Sports 1-@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT) Callazo vs. Ortiz: SPOILERS, No New Threads or Streems (Add DVR Time-Ball Game Previous)
checkleft
post Jan 29 2014, 08:21 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jan 29 2014, 06:01 PM) *
Quote name='TheCritics' date='Jan 29 2014, 12:21 A='599029']
I like Ortiz myself, always have... GB kept him at 140 far too long and he paid the price against Maidana but so what? Only novices hark on that meltdown and call him heartless when in fact he came back very strong and dethroned Berto soon after...

Only to start to meltdown again in the early rounds in the biggest fight of his career?

Ortiz can't swim in deep water

He swam pretty good against berto.

QUOTE (TheCritics @ Jan 29 2014, 06:14 PM) *
Here's my take, for one GB was wrong for putting him in the ring with Mayweather in the first place but I digress... 1) His handlers kept him at Jr Welter far too long and it affected his power against Maidana and his stamina against Peterson 2) He's had the wrong Garcia in his corner and still gave us outstanding fights every time out 3) Under my tutelage I would have stripped him of the surfer dude persona when working/training and MADE him learn under the guise of Nacho's sweaty/stinky rank gym in Mexi

on his down time go "Dancing With Stars", movie cameo, surfer dude all he wants

I think between maidana and Peterson he dropped them 5 times..? His power is there. Lamont is just underrated and he went after Marcos to recklessly.

I thought the fight was gonna be at 154??? Ortiz looks very lean/bordeline drained on the scale.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 29 2014, 08:31 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

he looks not in that good of shape, nothing compared to him at the mayweather weigh in. im glad this is on a weeknight thats cool, grj should look good, hes had a year to heal his hand up so e will see.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 29 2014, 09:25 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I just watched the weigh-in, and it appears that Ortiz/Collazo is actually a WW fight, and not a Jr MW fight. I know for a fact that I read it right, it said Jr. MW, but oh well. I also saw Gomez and Arnett weigh-in afterwards...they're fighting at 154, but both of them weighed in right under 148 lbs. WTH??? GRJ vs his throwaway opponent, both weighed in a little over the 126 lb limit. These weights are throwing me off, big time. Lol

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 29 2014, 11:16 PM
Post #14

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

another factor going against ortiz is his jaw, which he's supposedly not concerned about, but i could see it affecting the way he performs on top of the ring rust from the long layoff. definitely excited to see grj back in action.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jan 30 2014, 10:32 AM
Post #15

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 29 2014, 10:25 PM) *
I just watched the weigh-in, and it appears that Ortiz/Collazo is actually a WW fight, and not a Jr MW fight. I know for a fact that I read it right, it said Jr. MW, but oh well. I also saw Gomez and Arnett weigh-in afterwards...they're fighting at 154, but both of them weighed in right under 148 lbs. WTH??? GRJ vs his throwaway opponent, both weighed in a little over the 126 lb limit. These weights are throwing me off, big time. Lol

GRJ is back? A crossing guard, I pray.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 30 2014, 01:04 PM
Post #16

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Damn I forgot all about this fight. "Damn homie, in HS school you was the man homie" Fighting on Thursdays now Vic? lol Nah but seriously, this should be quite the scrap. You dudes know your shit so I don't have to tell you that Collazo is no pushover. He's much like Carlos Quintana was in his prime. Not really ever a world class fighter but he will fuck your world class fighter's night up if you take him lightly. I'm gonna need to use the ole Xfinity guide to find this one.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 30 2014, 05:40 PM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

ho is training ortiz? is it roach or someone else?

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Jan 30 2014, 09:08 PM
Post #18

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

Didn't know GRJ was on the card. Hope we get a good scrap out of Collazo n Ortiz.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 30 2014, 09:15 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Ortiz/Collazo: They're gonna put on a show, but if Ortiz doesn't do some significant damage within the first 4 rounds, then he's gonna have his hands full. If Collazo could rock Berto and give him fits, then it shouldn't be too hard to do tonight. Ortiz is cool until you fight him back...and let's not forget about this long layoff that he's trying to downplay. Who knows, it may have done him some good.

Gomez/Arnett: I've seen Arnett hurt, so I wont rule it out tonight. As for Gomez, I've seen him bully some throwaway opponents, but he may have that "bully" syndrome...he's tough...until you fight him back. I thought Arnett typically fights at 154, but he weighed in just a bit over 147 yesterday...weird.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Jan 30 2014, 09:17 PM
Post #20

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

paulie's lookin chubbs

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 10:28 AM