Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wait What?, Boxing's Head Scratches
Franchize
post Jan 30 2014, 09:52 AM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

We're barely into 2014 and a few things have confused me already so far. Far be it for me to act like I'm Mr. Knowitall, so instead, I ask you, guys whose opinion I respect, to either explain why I'm missing the point on a few of the head scratchers or agree that they are ridiculous.

#1 Tim Bradley signing an extension with Top Prank after seemingly being bullied- Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't it seem like Tim foresaw what Bob was trying to do. Didn't it seem like Tim was saying to himself "I see I'm not going to get the respect and promotion I deserve. Let me just fight out my contract and move on"? Then comes the negotiations, and from all reports, it appeared as if Bob Arum tried his customary extension or sit on the shelf tactic with Tim for this Manny fight. It seemed as if Tim's team was well aware of it....then he signs an extension.

WAIT WHAT?

#2 I kind of already know the answer to this, but Manny Pacquiao once again called out Floyd (kinda sorta). Problem is he did so, and as he's done in the past, conveniently signs a contract for a fight like a week after. Is promotion for every Manny fight now going to include a half hearted call out of Floyd? The one thing I never agreed on with Floyd was that Manny's popularity and fan base comes from him. I thought Manny had created his own buzz. Have we gotten to the point where Manny needs Floyd to sell fights? Furthermore, he said he'd "fight for charity"...yet he fought in China just to avoid US tax deductions AND he is heavily rumored to have multiple tax issues. But we should believe you're going to fight for free?

WAIT WHAT?

#3 Robert Guerrero aggressively seeks an out with Golden Boy, supposedly to fight Manny next. Well obviously that's not happening and from all reports on Top Rank and Manny's camp, he wasn't even a consideration. Isn't that like turning down some good pussy for a chick that won't even give you her number? So you've now pissed off the most red hot promoters in the sport and seem to be getting the cold shoulder from TR. Bet you wish you didn't turn your nose up to Keith Thurman so quickly now. I think Thurman will actually be the bigger draw now at this point.

WAIT WHAT?

#4 Danny Garcia fighting Mauricio Herrera. I'm not saying this guy isn't good. I don't know much about him. I heard he's the real deal. But why?.... His career is on a serious wave right now. He beat one of the "big bad wolves" of the sport in an impressive fashion. He was a clear cut FOY candidate IMO. Why fight this high risk/low reward fight now?

WAIT WHAT?

(IMG:http://forum.highflow.nl/attachments/f22/4354d1330424079t-google-offers-1-million-reward-hackers-who-exploit-chrome-wait-what.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jan 30 2014, 10:17 AM
Post #2

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

[quote name='Franchize' date='Jan 30 2014, 10:52 AM' post='599103']

#1 Tim Bradley signing an extension with Top Prank after seemingly being bullied- Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't it seem like Tim foresaw what Bob was trying to do. Didn't it seem like Tim was saying to himself "I see I'm not going to get the respect and promotion I deserve. Let me just fight out my contract and move on"? Then comes the negotiations, and from all reports, it appeared as if Bob Arum tried his customary extension or sit on the shelf tactic with Tim for this Manny fight. It seemed as if Tim's team was well aware of it....then he signs an extension.

The saying, "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush..." comes to mind. Tim took the guaranteed route vs. the potential. I don't know what the right move for him was, but in the end, The Bobfather showed him the money and he took it. Dude has a family to support, so while it is fine and dandy for us to sit here, comment that he should've waited, reality bites and Bradley did what he felt he needed to do. I will say, for a man who appears supremely confident in his victory over Pac, in a rematch, it doesn't seem like he's looking what's beyond the Pac sweepstakes. "Who is next for him?" is the one and only question I'd have for him, if I were to speak with him.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Jan 30 2014, 12:33 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 30 2014, 06:52 AM) *
We're barely into 2014 and a few things have confused me already so far. Far be it for me to act like I'm Mr. Knowitall, so instead, I ask you, guys whose opinion I respect, to either explain why I'm missing the point on a few of the head scratchers or agree that they are ridiculous.

WAIT WHAT?

#2 I kind of already know the answer to this, but Manny Pacquiao once again called out Floyd (kinda sorta). Problem is he did so, and as he's done in the past, conveniently signs a contract for a fight like a week after. Is promotion for every Manny fight now going to include a half hearted call out of Floyd? The one thing I never agreed on with Floyd was that Manny's popularity and fan base comes from him. I thought Manny had created his own buzz. Have we gotten to the point where Manny needs Floyd to sell fights? Furthermore, he said he'd "fight for charity"...yet he fought in China just to avoid US tax deductions AND he is heavily rumored to have multiple tax issues. But we should believe you're going to fight for free?

WAIT WHAT?

#3 Robert Guerrero aggressively seeks an out with Golden Boy, supposedly to fight Manny next. Well obviously that's not happening and from all reports on Top Rank and Manny's camp, he wasn't even a consideration. Isn't that like turning down some good pussy for a chick that won't even give you her number? So you've now pissed off the most red hot promoters in the sport and seem to be getting the cold shoulder from TR. Bet you wish you didn't turn your nose up to Keith Thurman so quickly now. I think Thurman will actually be the bigger draw now at this point.

WAIT WHAT?

#4 Danny Garcia fighting Mauricio Herrera. I'm not saying this guy isn't good. I don't know much about him. I heard he's the real deal. But why?.... His career is on a serious wave right now. He beat one of the "big bad wolves" of the sport in an impressive fashion. He was a clear cut FOY candidate IMO. Why fight this high risk/low reward fight now?

WAIT WHAT?

(IMG:http://forum.highflow.nl/attachments/f22/4354d1330424079t-google-offers-1-million-reward-hackers-who-exploit-chrome-wait-what.jpg)

Bradley: He took the loot, He took a si year deal with the Pelicans as a starting point guard rather being in contention to being a starting point guard with the Pacers and a guaranteed playoff birth,

Pac: This shit has been going on since 2009 but it is FMJ fault.

Danny: This may be a trap fight and if he loses he is fucked or even looks bad.

Guerrero: His god has become greed.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jan 30 2014, 01:12 PM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 30 2014, 06:52 AM) *

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

This! always go with the sure pussy.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 30 2014, 02:33 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 30 2014, 09:52 AM) *

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

WAIT WHAT?

Sigh...there you go makin' sense and shit...what did I tell yall about that??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nono.gif)

I absolutely hate this post...just waaaay too many facts for my liking.

PS: As for that guaranteed p*ssy...I guess we're all on the same page with that.

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/tumblr_lz7yp8MQMM1qa9vqgo1_250_zpse007c8d4.gif)

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 30 2014, 02:59 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

http://www.boxingscene.com/tim-bradley-exp...top-rank--74171

Nuff said. TB gon be alright, so long as he keeps winning. He got a good resume and no matter how we look at it, he still got W's over a former top P4P fighter (Manny Pacquiao) and the guy that KO'd him (JMM), something even our debates can't take away from him. I can only assume if he's victorious against Manny, the talk between each fight presented to him will be, how good is he compared to Floyd. He may in fact pick up where Pacman left off in the sense of "my guy is better than your guy" and that's the way he'll be promoted. He'll be the guy who delivers more action than Floyd (so to speak), while rematching either Provodnikov-JMM winner later this year, giving time for TR to build on the up and comers they have to sell a fight in the future.

Pacquiao may not be good with Taxes, but he knows how to sell a fight and that's all this is. I'm not saying either guy is afraid of the other, it's just that both guys know what the issue is when it comes to making the fight happen at this point and while the possibility of it happening is still up for discussion, why not still promote it like its to be the biggest thing to happen this century.

Robert Guererro is an idiot.

I don't see nothing wrong with this fight. Danny Garcia is sort of (but not quiet) a "House hold name" since "The One" and is trying to establish himself as heir apparent to the Puerto Rican audience. If Hererra's a "high risk" it should make for an interesting fight.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jan 30 2014, 05:52 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

herrerra is just a stepping stone to keep danny on ice. hile gaining him the exposure that rosado failed miserbly at obtaining.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 30 2014, 07:55 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 30 2014, 01:59 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/tim-bradley-exp...top-rank--74171

Nuff said. TB gon be alright, so long as he keeps winning. He got a good resume and no matter how we look at it, he still got W's over a former top P4P fighter (Manny Pacquiao) and the guy that KO'd him (JMM), something even our debates can't take away from him. I can only assume if he's victorious against Manny, the talk between each fight presented to him will be, how good is he compared to Floyd. He may in fact pick up where Pacman left off in the sense of "my guy is better than your guy" and that's the way he'll be promoted. He'll be the guy who delivers more action than Floyd (so to speak), while rematching either Provodnikov-JMM winner later this year, giving time for TR to build on the up and comers they have to sell a fight in the future.

Pacquiao may not be good with Taxes, but he knows how to sell a fight and that's all this is. I'm not saying either guy is afraid of the other, it's just that both guys know what the issue is when it comes to making the fight happen at this point and while the possibility of it happening is still up for discussion, why not still promote it like its to be the biggest thing to happen this century.

Robert Guererro is an idiot.

I don't see nothing wrong with this fight. Danny Garcia is sort of (but not quiet) a "House hold name" since "The One" and is trying to establish himself as heir apparent to the Puerto Rican audience. If Hererra's a "high risk" it should make for an interesting fight.

You was joking right lmao...what up and comers?

Hard to see how someone with such small fanbase and not really appealing to the casual is going to be built up to be compared to Mayweather, he will keep winning imo, but he will be an invisible soon. Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter if he keeps maturing, hell even Broner could lap him in a few years time. He can say what he wants but the best fight across the street, he beat 1 HOF technically, and has a chance to beat another legit this time. But what's in his future. You telling me fights with Rios/Alvarado...maybe rematches against JMM and Ruslan move you? Or how about Karim Mayfield and Jessie Vargas? He tucked nicely in a shit sandwich no matter how he or you or anyone slices it. You compete to be the best and to fight against the best...he ain't doing that

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 30 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Bradley is a NY KNick, he a choke, fuck em...Reggie Miller sends his condolences

The legend of Pacquiao will unfortunately always be linked to Mayweather and that's because his promoter constantly keeps the other guy's name in his mouth. Ever since Mayweather came back in 09, they've profited and used Mayweather's name to make money and to build this false idol. I'd feel like less of a man if I had to live off the back and work of another man, like Manny is doing Floyd, and his dumb ass is still broke

Fuck Guerrero, something about these Cali fighters lol...he a bum though, talked his way into the biggest fight of his career and fought for 12rds like he was going into labor. He ain't worth the headache truthfully and I hope Schaefer feeds his ass to the wolves and puts some more L's on that record

Don't know what to say about that Garcia fight but I think they trying to make him a Miguel Cotto type, where he getting love in the states and in PR. Overall the card isn't a bad one though

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 31 2014, 09:06 AM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 30 2014, 07:55 PM) *
You was joking right lmao...what up and comers?

Hard to see how someone with such small fanbase and not really appealing to the casual is going to be built up to be compared to Mayweather, he will keep winning imo, but he will be an invisible soon. Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter if he keeps maturing, hell even Broner could lap him in a few years time. He can say what he wants but the best fight across the street, he beat 1 HOF technically, and has a chance to beat another legit this time. But what's in his future. You telling me fights with Rios/Alvarado...maybe rematches against JMM and Ruslan move you? Or how about Karim Mayfield and Jessie Vargas? He tucked nicely in a shit sandwich no matter how he or you or anyone slices it. You compete to be the best and to fight against the best...he ain't doing that

The Terrence Crawford's, The Jessie Vargas's, The Karim Mayfield's, The Gamboa's or Garcia's in and around the division. I know these names don't match the appeal of the GBP/Al Haymon stable, but I'm only looking at the glass half full here to try and make some sense to his decision from a fans prospective. If TR can turn guys like Ruslan or Alvarado into something to talk about in the boxing community within one year, who's to say either of these names can't as well, rise to the occasion in somewhat of the same fashion this year? This year may very well be the year of the rematches between Bradley, Manny and JMM in order for that opporotunity to maybe present itself for future bouts for 2015 and beyond that.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 08:43 PM