> Wait What?, Boxing's Head Scratches
MAHDI
post Jan 31 2014, 09:15 AM
Post #11

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 30 2014, 08:03 PM) *
Bradley is a NY KNick, he a choke, fuck em...Reggie Miller sends his condolences

The legend of Pacquiao will unfortunately always be linked to Mayweather and that's because his promoter constantly keeps the other guy's name in his mouth. Ever since Mayweather came back in 09, they've profited and used Mayweather's name to make money and to build this false idol. I'd feel like less of a man if I had to live off the back and work of another man, like Manny is doing Floyd, and his dumb ass is still broke

Great analysis... Pac would be shit if Mayweather was not fighting--- and he still is in the red-- dumb ass--sums it up great!!!

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Jan 31 2014, 09:16 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 31 2014, 09:17 AM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 30 2014, 08:03 PM) *
Bradley is a NY KNICKS, he a choke, fuck em...Reggie Miller sends his condolences

The legend of Pacquiao will unfortunately always be linked to Mayweather and that's because his promoter constantly keeps the other guy's name in his mouth. Ever since Mayweather came back in 09, they've profited and used Mayweather's name to make money and to build this false idol. I'd feel like less of a man if I had to live off the back and work of another man, like Manny is doing Floyd, and his dumb ass is still broke

Fuck Guerrero, something about these Cali fighters lol...he a bum though, talked his way into the biggest fight of his career and fought for 12rds like he was going into labor. He ain't worth the headache truthfully and I hope Schaefer feeds his ass to the wolves and puts some more L's on that record

Don't know what to say about that Garcia fight but I think they trying to make him a Miguel Cotto type, where he getting love in the states and in PR. Overall the card isn't a bad one though

Lol, Just thought I'd correct that misspell there Chi (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif) U and the BullsHIT very much!

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Jan 31 2014, 09:31 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 31 2014, 09:23 AM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I was with Chi town until he dissed my Knicks. Now I hope he gets herpes in his eyeball lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 31 2014, 12:19 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 31 2014, 08:06 AM) *
The Terrence Crawford's, The Jessie Vargas's, The Karim Mayfield's, The Gamboa's or Garcia's in and around the division. I know these names don't match the appeal of the GBP/Al Haymon stable, but I'm only looking at the glass half full here to try and make some sense to his decision from a fans prospective. If TR can turn guys like Ruslan or Alvarado into something to talk about in the boxing community within one year, who's to say either of these names can't as well, rise to the occasion in somewhat of the same fashion this year? This year may very well be the year of the rematches between Bradley, Manny and JMM in order for that opporotunity to maybe present itself for future bouts for 2015 and beyond that.

Ain't nobody talking about Alvarado. Not nobody. People only talk about Ruslan because of his scrap where he almost and I place heavy emphasis on almost beat Tim. I see your point but the glass is empty imo, and even if it's half full I'm taking my business to the establishment across the street to get me a full glass

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 31 2014, 12:20 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Jan 31 2014, 08:17 AM) *
Lol, Just thought I'd correct that misspell there Chi (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fuck.gif) U and the BullsHIT very much!

Man you should've kept it the way I had it but I ain't mad lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 31 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jan 31 2014, 08:15 AM) *
Great analysis... Pac would be shit if Mayweather was not fighting--- and he still is in the red-- dumb ass--sums it up great!!!

Sometimes people wake up and others stay in a coma. The thing is Pacquiao is so beloved by his fans he doesn't need to mention Mayweather's name. He could just fight and fight and he'd be good. I guess it's different to him because he's caught in the moment of it all but at this point it's so blatantly obvious that before during and after every fight he has, he and his team will mention Mayweather. One win over a fighter who he looked mediocre against at best, and now he's back and he's better then ever. I hope the fight ends in a draw and fucks Bradley and Manny up

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 31 2014, 12:33 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Add Arum and his list of bullshit to the list...

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-90-fans-ca...ndercard--74196

That's just ridiculous and he's making excuses for lazy promoting.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Jan 31 2014, 12:45 PM
Post #18

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 31 2014, 12:33 PM) *
Add Arum and his list of bullshit to the list...

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-90-fans-ca...ndercard--74196

That's just ridiculous and he's making excuses for lazy promoting.

Where is the money in this bout-How is this going to help lift MANNY FROM the IRS graveyard? he will be in debt forever. How many PPV buys on this- a half a million?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jan 31 2014, 10:38 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Jan 31 2014, 11:45 AM) *
Where is the money in this bout-How is this going to help lift MANNY FROM the IRS graveyard? he will be in debt forever. How many PPV buys on this- a half a million?

Embarrassing how dumb he thinks the fans are. Why the fuck would I want to pay $60 or $70 for the main event? That's the dumbest logic I've ever heard. That's why I don't support TR cards they trash. I can't remember the last time they had a decent card.

That's business 101, you give the consumer more bang for their buck and they'll keep coming back. Don King is a better promoter in a historical sense imo. His cards used to be stacked. The same thing Schaefer is doing now. King did decades ago. Arum talks about how long he's been doing it and still ain't picked up on properly putting a card together

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 1 2014, 10:59 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jan 31 2014, 08:38 PM) *
Embarrassing how dumb he thinks the fans are. Why the fuck would I want to pay $60 or $70 for the main event? That's the dumbest logic I've ever heard. That's why I don't support TR cards they trash. I can't remember the last time they had a decent card.

That's business 101, you give the consumer more bang for their buck and they'll keep coming back. Don King is a better promoter in a historical sense imo. His cards used to be stacked. The same thing Schaefer is doing now. King did decades ago. Arum talks about how long he's been doing it and still ain't picked up on properly putting a card together

The PPV is going to be shit, how is he giving Pac 20 million off the PPV? The gate will probably break even. Pac lost his luster and you know no one knows who the fuck Bradley is.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 08:57 AM