Reply to this topicStart new topic
> collazo vs thurman, no retreat, no surrender
AZWildCat
post Feb 1 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

With Luis collazo winning that pretty lil WBA strap he's put himself on alot of radars. They're alot of young guns out there looking for a title shot but collazo took it a step further and called out a big bad wolf. Just the fact that he called Thurman out speaks volumes about collazos brass. He earned alot of hardcore fans with this move and the fight is very likely to happen.

I would love to call an obvious Thurman KO but Luis don't really take knockout losses. I can see them trading haymakers till the cows come home
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 1 2014, 01:05 PM
Post #2

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 1 2014, 10:40 AM) *
With Luis collazo winning that pretty lil WBA strap he's put himself on alot of radars. They're alot of young guns out there looking for a title shot but collazo took it a step further and called out a big bad wolf. Just the fact that he called Thurman out speaks volumes about collazos brass. He earned alot of hardcore fans with this move and the fight is very likely to happen.

I would love to call an obvious Thurman KO but Luis don't really take knockout losses. I can see them trading haymakers till the cows come home

Thurman would box him. Thurman can go toe to toe but he will box him and wait for his openings. Thurman is becoming more patient in his fights, he has matured very well. I doubt if his corner allows him to fight a war, Thurman by a decision.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 1 2014, 01:51 PM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 4,081

Decent fight. I think Thurman chops him down for a TKO around the 8th or 9th round.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 1 2014, 02:59 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 1 2014, 02:05 PM) *
Thurman would box him. Thurman can go toe to toe but he will box him and wait for his openings. Thurman is becoming more patient in his fights, he has matured very well. I doubt if his corner allows him to fight a war, Thurman by a decision.

He's come along real well since his first showing on HBO. I think the zavek fight showcased his boxing ability the best. When he can't get the ko he don't force it or get frustrated. He just keeps setting up big shots and moving in and out of the pocket.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 1 2014, 03:20 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

Keiththurman already has the wba interim title. collazo has the ba international title, whatver the fuck either of those means besides more money in wba pockets, we all know the real wba world champion is marcos maidana. we already want to see thurman maidana, so why not knock another paper belt out of the way and let collazo get some attention in another headliner. hopefully thurman wins, and can fight maidana after he beats broner again.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 1 2014, 04:43 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 1 2014, 12:40 PM) *

I'm not sure how Collazo hangs in this one. I'm not sure what Ortiz and Collazo's fight night weights were, but Ortiz seemed to be the bigger guy. He put a lot of pressure on Collazo...it wasn't intelligent pressure, but it was pressure nonetheless...and he didn't look all that comfortable.

Keith is a big WW and he has the tendency to pounce on guys and let his hands go, mainly to the body. This may be one of those situations where the distance isn't negotiated properly on Collazo end, and we'll see Thurman hover over him. The second that we see Keith back out of the exchange, Collazo will be slowly flopping to the floor from a body shot.

On the other hand, Collazo has been in there with some bangers (not as agile as Thurma), and he can give anybody shit in there...including Thurman. Since Thurman fights 2-3 times a year, I wouldn't mind seeing this one.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 1 2014, 07:48 PM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Collazo's cinderella man like come back will end in KO in the middle rounds at the hands of Thurman

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 1 2014, 08:39 PM
Post #8

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Best fight right now for both fighters. Collazo gave Berto a good fight and just KOed Ortiz, he deserves a big fight, idk about Mayweather but him calling out Keith Thurman was a great and ORIGINAL move, i havent met someone either that brave or dumb. Collazo has my respect though.

I'm going with Keith for the win in great fight, either both will trade knockdowns or Keith with the KO

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 1 2014, 08:51 PM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 14,090

one time would outbox him. keith lands some really solid body shots, which would pay dividends in a fight like this. i can see him stopping collazo early even tho luis is tough as nails.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Feb 1 2014, 08:55 PM

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 1 2014, 09:11 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 1 2014, 08:39 PM) *
Best fight right now for both fighters. Collazo gave Berto a good fight and just KOed Ortiz, he deserves a big fight, idk about Mayweather but him calling out Keith Thurman was a great and ORIGINAL move, i havent met someone either that brave or dumb. Collazo has my respect though.

I'm going with Keith for the win in great fight, either both will trade knockdowns or Keith with the KO

I remember watching the Berto fight. I felt collazo could of got the nod. Wouldn't mind that rematch. Just not before Luis gets a payday or another chance at glory.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 09:11 AM