Reply to this topicStart new topic
> collazo vs thurman, no retreat, no surrender
Cshel86
post Feb 2 2014, 02:44 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Yall know how I get after I "read around" the internet, right?

Sooo...I'm trying to figure this out, help me here.

Guys were quick to say that Ortiz is a bum, a quitter, and isn't fit for the sport, BUT, as soon as Collazo KOs him, SUDDENLY Collazo's being mentioned in the WW mix as a guy who deserves these big fights.

Hmm...let's rewind this for a second. So, if Ortiz is a such a bum and a quitter, then just how much credit should Collazo even receive for his win, regardless of how he won? How good or worthy does that make Collazo look, by knocking out Ortiz?

This sort of reminds me of the Froch/Bute fight. Ward pretty much whitewashed Froch months before the Bute fight, and guys had already written Froch off. THEN, as soon as he manhandles Bute, he's suddenly the man.

To add to that, guys were talking about how much of a bum Bute really was and how protected he was, but after Froch beat him, Froch was suddenly back on the saddle, with much promise.

I guess I'm not talking about anything new here...help me out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 2 2014, 03:05 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 1 2014, 11:40 AM) *
With Luis collazo winning that pretty lil WBA strap he's put himself on alot of radars. They're alot of young guns out there looking for a title shot but collazo took it a step further and called out a big bad wolf. Just the fact that he called Thurman out speaks volumes about collazos brass. He earned alot of hardcore fans with this move and the fight is very likely to happen.

I would love to call an obvious Thurman KO but Luis don't really take knockout losses. I can see them trading haymakers till the cows come home

I think Collazo is going to far with his calling out of Floyd and everyone else, he beat Vic Ortiz who crumbles in his best and top fights and has no chin whatsoever. Thurman will put Collazo to sleep.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 2 2014, 03:29 PM
Post #13

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 2 2014, 02:44 PM) *

Guys were quick to say that Ortiz is a bum, a quitter, and isn't fit for the sport, BUT, as soon as Collazo KOs him, SUDDENLY Collazo's being mentioned in the WW mix as a guy who deserves these big fights.

Hmm...let's rewind this for a second. So, if Ortiz is a such a bum and a quitter, then just how much credit should Collazo even receive for his win, regardless of how he won? How good or worthy does that make Collazo look, by knocking out Ortiz?

This sort of reminds me of the Froch/Bute fight. Ward pretty much whitewashed Froch months before the Bute fight, and guys had already written Froch off. THEN, as soon as he manhandles Bute, he's suddenly the man.

To add to that, guys were talking about how much of a bum Bute really was and how protected he was, but after Froch beat him, Froch was suddenly back on the saddle, with much promise.

I think its BECAUSE of people's dislike for Ortiz that Collazo is getting his shine... Like Froch with Bute... Like Maidana with Broner... Like Shane Mosely getting Mayweather to Wobble.... Like the Pacquiao, Marquez, and Bradley triangle.

If someone you don't know or care about KO's someone you dislike, all that negativity probably turns into positivity for the other person.

Collazo just came to the right place, at the right time, fought the right person and said the right things to get a bigger fight now.

As long as Thurman gets put in there with real competition and STILL performs as does, Ill always be excitied

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 2 2014, 04:54 PM
Post #14

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 2 2014, 03:44 PM) *

we knew ortiz was a quitter since the maidana fight and halfway redeemed himself in the berto fight(which later proved to not mean shit)
he got lucky and got the lotto ticket..and again folded
tried to bounce back against a smaller fighter that was game as all get out....and yet again folded
took a long break came back against a decent journeymen fighter and ...got folded

case n point

collazo aint do anything speacial ..but ortiz was yet again being set up for a bigger fight (piece of WBA belt) and by collazo winning by ko fresh in fans minds including a rocky type come back story he should at least be able to smell some pie. does he deserve floyd, **** no but mr thurman does seem to have a hard time getting top names and titles holders in the ring from 147 to 154. enter collazo ... at least throw his name in the mix for a top prospect..hes stayed afloat long enough to at least get that chance.

froch on the other hand ....bute had mixed reviews about him some people felt he was the next big thing others like you said padded career... but the froch fight was supposed to let us know what was going on..had bute have won the way froch did he would have been concidered a beast and ward was avoiding for a reason/running blah blah blah. froch is who he is a dangerous contender whose ego proceeds him.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 2 2014, 06:11 PM
Post #15

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

Calling out Floyd is over the top but hey it seems No body gives Collazo credit.. The dude placed a perfect shot on a world class fighter. Let us not act like Collazo did not beat hatton and Burto (he almost knocked berto through the ropes).. These are two guys tougher than anyone Thurman has yet to face. I am not sold on giving this to Thurman. Collazo is a crafty and gutsy. he also can be slick and evasive. This win will be great for his psyche. This is a pick em fight. Collazo would be the stiffest challenge for Thurman who gets wide often.. he make up for it with athleticism and power, but oh yeah he leaves countering opportunities...

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Feb 2 2014, 06:12 PM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 3 2014, 06:57 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

If this is the same pillow fisted Luis Collazo that should have gotten the nod vs Hatton, then Thurman beats the breaks off that dude. Collazo is technically sound. He can box, he doesn't have the artillery to brawl. Thurman will break him down and stop him.

If this fight doesn't come off... PAULIE!!! You out there. Luis Collazo, another guy from NYC is making some noise at 147. I can easily see Collazo and Paulie getting it on. Would be an interesting fight and surely it will not end in a KO...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 3 2014, 12:21 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 2 2014, 03:29 PM) *
I think its BECAUSE of people's dislike for Ortiz that Collazo is getting his shine... Like Froch with Bute... Like Maidana with Broner... Like Shane Mosely getting Mayweather to Wobble.... Like the Pacquiao, Marquez, and Bradley triangle.

If someone you don't know or care about KO's someone you dislike, all that negativity probably turns into positivity for the other person.

Collazo just came to the right place, at the right time, fought the right person and said the right things to get a bigger fight now.

As long as Thurman gets put in there with real competition and STILL performs as does, Ill always be excitied

Sorry, but "dislike" does nothing more than get in the way of facts. Fact is, Ortiz lost his last fights by TKO, and he had been out of the ring for 18 months...facts. Sorry again, but I'm not into the disliking somebody and relishing in the fact that some unknown person knocked them out...if that's the case, then I'd at least try my hand at it first, rather than waiting on somebody else to do it.

If anything, I don't believe that people dislike Ortiz, at best, they just don't know how to feel about him before he goes into a fight. Yeah yeah yeah, people call him a quitter and so on, but the fact is, they're still sitting there waiting to see what he does.

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 2 2014, 04:54 PM) *
we knew ortiz was a quitter since the maidana fight and halfway redeemed himself in the berto fight(which later proved to not mean shit)
tried to bounce back against a smaller fighter that was game as all get out....and yet again folded
took a long break came back against a decent journeymen fighter and ...got folded

case n point

collazo aint do anything speacial ..but ortiz was yet again being set up for a bigger fight (piece of WBA belt) and by collazo winning by ko fresh in fans minds including a rocky type come back story he should at least be able to smell some pie. does he deserve floyd, **** no but mr thurman does seem to have a hard time getting top names and titles holders in the ring from 147 to 154. enter collazo ... at least throw his name in the mix for a top prospect..hes stayed afloat long enough to at least get that chance.

froch on the other hand ....bute had mixed reviews about him some people felt he was the next big thing others like you said padded career... but the froch fight was supposed to let us know what was going on..had bute have won the way froch did he would have been concidered a beast and ward was avoiding for a reason/running blah blah blah. froch is who he is a dangerous contender whose ego proceeds him.

First off...LMAO at your avi!!! Isn't that from Black Dynamite???

Anyway, you're right Collazo didn't do anything special, and yes, Ortiz was being set up to get back in the race. As far as I'm concerned, all of these guys at WW, are on the same path...as far as opponents are concerned.

More than likely, they put together a Thurman/Collazo fight, and have a Porter/Alexander rematch in March...who knows.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 3 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 2 2014, 03:54 PM) *

case n point

Nice avi, I'm down with a little kung fu treachery myself lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 3 2014, 12:42 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 3 2014, 11:21 AM) *
Sorry, but "dislike" does nothing more than get in the way of facts. Fact is, Ortiz lost his last fights by TKO, and he had been out of the ring for 18 months...facts. Sorry again, but I'm not into the disliking somebody and relishing in the fact that some unknown person knocked them out...if that's the case, then I'd at least try my hand at it first, rather than waiting on somebody else to do it.

If anything, I don't believe that people dislike Ortiz, at best, they just don't know how to feel about him before he goes into a fight. Yeah yeah yeah, people call him a quitter and so on, but the fact is, they're still sitting there waiting to see what he does.

Anyway, you're right Collazo didn't do anything special, and yes, Ortiz was being set up to get back in the race. As far as I'm concerned, all of these guys at WW, are on the same path...as far as opponents are concerned.

More than likely, they put together a Thurman/Collazo fight, and have a Porter/Alexander rematch in March...who knows.

Your on a roll today

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 3 2014, 02:11 PM
Post #20

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 3 2014, 01:21 PM) *

cant sneak nothing buy you shells (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i didnt think it would show that small... should have been bigger

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 3 2014, 01:40 PM) *
Nice avi, I'm down with a little kung fu treachery myself lol

LMAO aint we all

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 02:15 PM