> Mares...Mares...Mares!, Say it ain't so...No rematch with Gonzalez
Dolimite
post Feb 7 2014, 10:45 AM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 07:21 AM) *
I'm hoping Mares don't have a fight lined up before Gonzalez or he's going to catch some serious heat....it wouldn't be a good look for someone who has a reputation like Mares has for being willing to fight anyone at anytime

GB is already putting him on the May 3rd card, so yeah, someone has to back this up. Again, Mares has a great personality but man, people are giving him a pass on this. If this was on Broner or anyone else casuals and fans do not like, they would be catching hell. Just look how fans acted when Juan said no to a 5th with Pac, fucking disgusting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 7 2014, 07:26 PM
Post #32

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

If broner never asked for a rematch he would have been castrated by everyone and called every name in the book

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 7 2014, 07:37 PM
Post #33

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 7 2014, 07:26 PM) *
If broner never asked for a rematch he would have been castrated by everyone and called every name in the book

Gotta disagree with this one. NOBODY (read: boxing fans) was crying for Broner to ask for a rematch...not much foul play took place. That's not even the point though...people were satisfied with watching Broner get his ass handed to him...no way they'd want Maidana to chance it in a rematch. Lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 7 2014, 07:56 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 7 2014, 09:45 AM) *
GB is already putting him on the May 3rd card, so yeah, someone has to back this up. Again, Mares has a great personality but man, people are giving him a pass on this. If this was on Broner or anyone else casuals and fans do not like, they would be catching hell. Just look how fans acted when Juan said no to a 5th with Pac, fucking disgusting.

It's too much hypocrisy that's it. I guess everyone is a hypocrite about something...but for Broner I remember reading oh he's scared no way he'll go for the rematch, and others saying he needs to rematch him again etc etc then when he exercised the rematch clause it became....why is he doing this, blah blah blah,...no one wants to see it again. the same people who made statements like he should rematch him and he scared are on the other side of the fence now

Mares played himself with this move. He should've waited ril Jhonny got an opponent at least. Yeah its looking bad right now for him

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Feb 7 2014, 07:57 PM

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 7 2014, 08:00 PM
Post #35

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2014, 07:37 PM) *
Gotta disagree with this one. NOBODY (read: boxing fans) was crying for Broner to ask for a rematch...not much foul play took place. That's not even the point though...people were satisfied with watching Broner get his ass handed to him...no way they'd want Maidana to chance it in a rematch. Lol

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) when you put it that way

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 8 2014, 12:01 AM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Idk if he is ducking him. From what I know he got hurt yhonny didn't want to waste a camp so he wants to take a fight and maybe mares doesn't want to stay inactive until yhonny finishes the fight takes his rest then finishes camp again. For me, ill give the benefit of the doubt to mares because he has always fought everyone. He even gave the rematch to agbeko, said he would gladly fight rigo waaaay before "the cold war" and before nonito even acknowledged he existed.

So for know... He gets a pass from me.. for now

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 8 2014, 12:38 AM
Post #37

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 8 2014, 01:01 AM) *
Idk if he is ducking him. From what I know he got hurt yhonny didn't want to waste a camp so he wants to take a fight and maybe mares doesn't want to stay inactive until yhonny finishes the fight takes his rest then finishes camp again. For me, ill give the benefit of the doubt to mares because he has always fought everyone. He even gave the rematch to agbeko, said he would gladly fight rigo waaaay before "the cold war" and before nonito even acknowledged he existed.

So for know... He gets a pass from me.. for now

Abecko didn't "shock his boots"
Rigo spanked him in the amateurs that's why he wants that so bad.
When exactly did the "cold war" start?

Coulda sworn its been since the beginning of GBP....but I've been known to be wrong at times

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 8 2014, 01:58 AM
Post #38

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 8 2014, 12:38 AM) *
Abecko didn't "shock his boots"
Rigo spanked him in the amateurs that's why he wants that so bad.
When exactly did the "cold war" start?

Coulda sworn its been since the beginning of GBP....but I've been known to be wrong at times

Have you been into boxing long?? "Cold war" has not been around very long. Mosley-marg, Mosley-cotto, odl-manny (sort of). That's just the main ones I could name. Jw
This recently got heated with basically the fact that Hbo hired showtimes guy and I think showtime hires hbos guy. And also Hbo seemed pretty butthurt that Floyd left and pretty much put it on gbp. It's not just about TR and gbp. But they have a lot of beef to but they have worked together before

It doesn't matter whether rigo beat him in the ams. He wanted that fight, he was in the bantam tourney, and he hasnt ducked anyone so far. I'm simply giving him the benefit of the doubt. He said the rematch will eventually happen just not now

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 8 2014, 09:34 AM
Post #39

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 8 2014, 01:58 AM) *
Have you been into boxing long?? "Cold war" has not been around very long. Mosley-marg, Mosley-cotto, odl-manny (sort of). That's just the main ones I could name. Jw
This recently got heated with basically the fact that Hbo hired showtimes guy and I think showtime hires hbos guy. And also Hbo seemed pretty butthurt that Floyd left and pretty much put it on gbp. It's not just about TR and gbp. But they have a lot of beef to but they have worked together before

It doesn't matter whether rigo beat him in the ams. He wanted that fight, he was in the bantam tourney, and he hasnt ducked anyone so far. I'm simply giving him the benefit of the doubt. He said the rematch will eventually happen just not now

Keeping aware of who all theses kats have been signed to was not a priority if mine. I know floyd had to leave for the details la joys fight to happen and same with cotto for the Floyd fight. I know their was a rift caused when Shane left for the pacqiuoa fight ..that's my earliest memory of the"cold war"...well at least gbp vs tr. So basically what I'm looking at is a "Floyd war". And to be honest I've been watching boxing since Erik Morales was sill fighting on boxing after dark! But was oblivious to the political mess of boxing at the time. So I doubt when I started watching was an issue. But rather when did i take notice to the bullshit! And your right it don't matter if he beat him there but if he couldn't get the flash fight why bother talking chacals name?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 8 2014, 10:57 PM
Post #40

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 8 2014, 09:34 AM) *
Keeping aware of who all theses kats have been signed to was not a priority if mine. I know floyd had to leave for the details la joys fight to happen and same with cotto for the Floyd fight. I know their was a rift caused when Shane left for the pacqiuoa fight ..that's my earliest memory of the"cold war"...well at least gbp vs tr. So basically what I'm looking at is a "Floyd war". And to be honest I've been watching boxing since Erik Morales was sill fighting on boxing after dark! But was oblivious to the political mess of boxing at the time. So I doubt when I started watching was an issue. But rather when did i take notice to the bullshit! And your right it don't matter if he beat him there but if he couldn't get the flash fight why bother talking chacals name?

You're acting like calling out rigo is a marketing strategy (pacquiao anyone?). Calling out rigo is about as good as calling out Andre dirrell, it does absolutely nothing for his publicity. So using common sense I'm thinking he actually wants to fight everyone as he has in the past. But this is simply my interpretation of his actions in the past.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 03:21 PM