IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Post-fight GGG discussion, whos next? murray?
AZWildCat
post Feb 1 2014, 10:14 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

Adama should be ashamed saying that fight was for Africa
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 1 2014, 10:20 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 1 2014, 09:06 PM) *
Thanks for the link..........I thought Ann was just the trainer but hey ill take Kirkland or Murray or sturm. But preferably Kirkland or Murray ..goggles needs live dogs that fight back box and don't go into survival mode.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...april-26--74267

Welp that's one off the list....

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Feb 1 2014, 11:00 PM
Post #13

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Smh. ..why do some of you "boxing fans" just stfu and make a online petition and use social media to get GGG's promoters a real heads up. It's besides the fact that I now believe no one besides Ward and Chavez Jr. would fight him. Geale has ducked him, Sturm? Pffffftt.. Murray? The same one who claimed he'll fight him but knows his promoter won't allow it. Martinez? Won't happen and neither will the other top dogs. GGG needs to stop fooling himself and move up.

Thread

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 1 2014, 11:48 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

This was a stay-busy fight. It was always supposed to be a softer touch. GGG wants to fight 3 or 4 times a year. If he fights weak opposition in April, I will really question him. My guess is Murray or Geale will be next for GGG and if HBO puts Kirkland on the undercard then it will be to set up a fight between the 2 in the fall/winter.

I think if that is GGG's path, it sets him up for a MEGA fight in 2015, maybe with Sergio or Cotto. After that then GGG can move up to fight someone like JCCJR or Ward.

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post Feb 2 2014, 01:58 AM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

My biggest dream fight right now is GG and Floyd. I would love to see how the styles match. GGG has said he can make 154. Other than the HBO/Showtime issue, why not? I think it would be Floyd's biggest challenge at 160 down.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 2 2014, 11:00 AM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Feb 2 2014, 12:58 AM) *
My biggest dream fight right now is GG and Floyd. I would love to see how the styles match. GGG has said he can make 154. Other than the HBO/Showtime issue, why not? I think it would be Floyd's biggest challenge at 160 down.

Screw that, he can make 154 and say others are ducking him but he can't move up to fight. The hell with a fight with him and Mayweather

Ward or bust....thats the only fight we should really be calling for instead of him trying to pick on a smaller fighter. We should be dreaming of him to move up not down

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Feb 2 2014, 11:00 AM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 2 2014, 12:58 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 1 2014, 10:51 PM) *
i do find it strange that people have been giving way too much credit towards adama as an opponent after today's fight. granted he's not a bum, but i've heard worse about rosado and curtis stevens after their fights with gennady in terms of opponent caliber/quality. lots of hype around ggg for sure, but seriously, what if everyone is actually ducking him? he's great at calling out opponents...is it on him that the bigger fights aren't being made?

He called out everyone from 154 to 168. Ward told him to step up, froch said he would fight him, lee said he would fight him, both dirrells said they would fight him... It's not hard to see this whole "everyone is ducking me" BS is just a promotional ruse.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 2 2014, 01:16 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

He's had a host of people calling him out and you see whole he ends up fighting ...everyone else's leftovers!!!

They'll build him till he can't be protected anymore. Everyone has to step up at some point.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 2 2014, 02:16 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 1 2014, 07:51 PM) *
i do find it strange that people have been giving way too much credit towards adama as an opponent after today's fight. granted he's not a bum, but i've heard worse about rosado and curtis stevens after their fights with gennady in terms of opponent caliber/quality. lots of hype around ggg for sure, but seriously, what if everyone is actually ducking him? he's great at calling out opponents...is it on him that the bigger fights aren't being made?

Calling someone out who already has a fight lined up is weak. Just cause you call them out doesn't mean you trying to fight them. See Manny Pacquiao as an example.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 2 2014, 03:12 PM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 1 2014, 07:10 PM) *
who yall want next? murray, barker, geale?

edit: forgot sturm

I think Sturm has the most experience but I don't think he has the punch needed to stop 3G, still I'd rather see that fight or at best him take on Ward instead of trying to move down and face Floyd. If he was to beat Ward then he wouldn't have to prove that he can beat Floyd.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:38 AM