IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Post-fight GGG discussion, whos next? murray?
Jovi
post Feb 2 2014, 03:41 PM
Post #21

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,532

Floyd and Ward are both completely different fighters, but both A+. If GGG was to fight either of them he would most likely be KOd or TKO'd but in much different ways. Ward is bigger and has his lead hand as his power hand which creates his superjab, Ward would most likely break him down quicker to the KO. While Mayweather stick and move and just capitalize on the openings while dragging the fight out to make the corner stoppage, I also think Mayweather would give him a few flash knockdowns.

GGG's Opposition has really made me change my view on him, he's good but he also needs good opposition. When the going gets tough thats when the tough get going. You put him in there with movers like Mayweather and Ward and he would get dizzy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 2 2014, 11:09 PM
Post #22

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 2 2014, 12:58 PM) *
He called out everyone from 154 to 168. Ward told him to step up, froch said he would fight him, lee said he would fight him, both dirrells said they would fight him... It's not hard to see this whole "everyone is ducking me" BS is just a promotional ruse.

so we can hope for these fights to be made at some point? cuz the way it's sounding "out there" is that gennady has limited options left. why's it so hard for news to get around that these guys are ready for a fight to be made, but all we hear is no one's willing

i'm a fan of the dude and what he does in the ring, but can't really tell if he's truthful in really establishing himself or just trying to get by.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Feb 2 2014, 11:13 PM

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 2 2014, 11:27 PM
Post #23

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 2 2014, 11:09 PM) *
so we can hope for these fights to be made at some point? cuz the way it's sounding "out there" is that gennady has limited options left. why's it so hard for news to get around that these guys are ready for a fight to be made, but all we hear is no one's willing

i'm a fan of the dude and what he does in the ring, but can't really tell if he's truthful in really establishing himself or just trying to get by.

I don't know bout the other guys bout Ward told em to print out a contract or keep his name out his mouth ..

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 3 2014, 01:48 AM
Post #24

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

hell probably fight sturm or murray on HBO with kirkland on the undercard, then he will fight kirkland in september.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Feb 4 2014, 05:48 PM
Post #25

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 2 2014, 03:41 PM) *
Floyd and Ward are both completely different fighters, but both A+. If GGG was to fight either of them he would most likely be KOd or TKO'd but in much different ways. Ward is bigger and has his lead hand as his power hand which creates his superjab, Ward would most likely break him down quicker to the KO. While Mayweather stick and move and just capitalize on the openings while dragging the fight out to make the corner stoppage, I also think Mayweather would give him a few flash knockdowns.

GGG's Opposition has really made me change my view on him, he's good but he also needs good opposition. When the going gets tough thats when the tough get going. You put him in there with movers like Mayweather and Ward and he would get dizzy.

GGG ain't earned a fight yet with either but considering Floyd couldnt really hurt/knock down Guerrero/Cotto/Canelo basically says there would be ZERO shot at a tko/ko vs a guy like GGG.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 4 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #26

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 4 2014, 04:48 PM) *
GGG ain't earned a fight yet with either but considering Floyd couldnt really hurt/knock down Guerrero/Cotto/Canelo basically says there would be ZERO shot at a tko/ko vs a guy like GGG.

Cotto was badly hurt in the 12th round, Floyd could've and should've finished him. After he hurt Miguel in the opening seconds of the final round, he hurt him again with a light left on the ropes. Guerrero was dazed a few times and he went into survival mode. I can't say that Floyd hurt Canelo, but as far as Robert and Miguel go you should look again

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Feb 4 2014, 08:45 PM
Post #27

Flyweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 4 2014, 09:08 PM) *
Cotto was badly hurt in the 12th round, Floyd could've and should've finished him. After he hurt Miguel in the opening seconds of the final round, he hurt him again with a light left on the ropes. Guerrero was dazed a few times and he went into survival mode. I can't say that Floyd hurt Canelo, but as far as Robert and Miguel go you should look again

Yeah 12th Floyd landed some shots but I don't think him or Guerrero were close to touching the canvas.

Just don't see him having enough power at his age to knock down a GGG.Fight would never happen anyways.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 4 2014, 10:30 PM
Post #28

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 4 2014, 07:45 PM) *
Yeah 12th Floyd landed some shots but I don't think him or Guerrero were close to touching the canvas.

Just don't see him having enough power at his age to knock down a GGG.Fight would never happen anyways.

I think Cotto would've went. I sometimes don't like how he doesn't go in for the kill but that's what he does. Mayweather seems content to go rds and win the fight that way

I doubt he'd get Golovkin down too but that would be a pretty sight to see. Him knocking down a full fledged MW. But like you I don't think it will happen nor do I want to see it anyway

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 4 2014, 10:48 PM
Post #29

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 4 2014, 08:45 PM) *

The way cottos knees buckled he definitely would have hit the floor Wit a strong 2 piece or triple overhand right combo. The ghost has a pretty good chin.

As far as him knocking down/tko'ing/ko'ing ggg ......does he really need to?

Don't get me wrong I love fighters that end fights ...but that's not the name of the game.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Feb 5 2014, 04:04 PM
Post #30

Flyweight

Read on espn GGG likely to face Any Lee.

Considering he got KOd by Jr, I don't think he will do well vs GGG.
I actually thought Lee was gonna beat Chavez Jr.Good fight though for GGG?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:28 AM