IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Post-fight GGG discussion, whos next? murray?
AZWildCat
post Feb 5 2014, 04:23 PM
Post #31

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

That fight dose nothing for triple g at this point in his career. I'm not gonna say Lee is a bum but he's not gonna make people look at gennady like he's winter soldier. Until he fights somebody we know is at least halfway great ..he's on bute status
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 5 2014, 04:39 PM
Post #32

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

^He might be Bute status to boxing fans, but to get casuals' attention any fight that Golovkin scores a knockout is good for his career. So the Lee fight makes sense in that way.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Feb 5 2014, 05:34 PM
Post #33

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 5 2014, 05:39 PM) *
^He might be Bute status to boxing fans, but to get casuals' attention any fight that Golovkin scores a knockout is good for his career. So the Lee fight makes sense in that way.

Yeah plus dude fights 4x a year.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 5 2014, 05:45 PM
Post #34

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 5 2014, 06:34 PM) *
Yeah plus dude fights 4x a year.

gotta praise ggg for fighting so often throughout the year, but i think it comes with its share of consequences and affects the bigger fights being made. if he wants to call out guys like serg and chavez, he should just ice it and wait til those guys are freed up and he himself isn't locked in with someone who adds no value to his career.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Feb 5 2014, 05:54 PM

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 5 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #35

Junior Welterweight

Active he is...he's got that

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 5 2014, 06:13 PM
Post #36

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 5 2014, 06:45 PM) *
gotta praise ggg for fighting so often throughout the year, but i think it comes with its share of consequences and affects the bigger fights being made. if he wants to call out guys like serg and chavez, he should just ice it and wait til those guys are freed up and he himself isn't locked in with someone who adds no value to his career.

Plenty of people free right now! Its his promoters lining em up quick a Lara it Thurman fight could easily be made...but they continue to build the "brand" and not test it!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 5 2014, 06:48 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 5 2014, 03:04 PM) *
Read on espn GGG likely to face Any Lee.

Considering he got KOd by Jr, I don't think he will do well vs GGG.
I actually thought Lee was gonna beat Chavez Jr.Good fight though for GGG?

Reports were that Kirkland priced himself out of the fight with Golovkin and Ann Wolfe didn't want the fight any way. I like Andy Lee, always have, if Manny Steward was alive and still in his corner I'd give him a decent chance at winning. When Lee fought Chavez Jr he was having a lot of success until he got hurt.

I don't know what this fight does for Golovkin and how it impacts his career but I guess it's another stay busy fight

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 5 2014, 06:56 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 5 2014, 05:13 PM) *
Plenty of people free right now! Its his promoters lining em up quick a Lara it Thurman fight could easily be made...but they continue to build the "brand" and not test it!

Yup, his team, K2 and the manager, whose name is Loefler I believe said early last year that they want to build GGG into a global superstar. He is a KO machine and that will help but looking at who he's Ko'd won't.

He was at the Grammy's, no one besides Klitschko and Tyson knew who he was lol....and his trainer Abel Sanchez says there will be no fight with Ward until Ward recognizes Gennady is a bigger star then Ward lol. Like Andre, I find it laughable. Sanchez pointed to ratings of GGG's fights but that doesn't necessarily tell the whole picture. GGG is being marketed well, ain't nothing wrong with that. He will get paid by being marketed as well as he is

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 5 2014, 06:57 PM
Post #39

Bantamweight

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 5 2014, 07:13 PM) *

I'd kill to see ggg thurman. Only thing is one times chin is a little shaky. Considering he got rocked by soto Karass not sure how hed hold up to gennadys shots

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 5 2014, 06:59 PM
Post #40

Bantamweight

[quote name='mrchitown' date='Feb 5 2014, 07:48 PM' post='

I don't know what this fight does for Golovkin and how it impacts his career but I guess it's another stay busy fight
[/quote]

A step up from Adama to say the least

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 12:42 PM