IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Post-fight GGG discussion, whos next? murray?
AZWildCat
post Feb 5 2014, 07:25 PM
Post #41

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 5 2014, 06:48 PM) *
Reports were that Kirkland priced himself out of the fight with Golovkin and Ann Wolfe didn't want the fight any way. I like Andy Lee, always have, if Manny Steward was alive and still in his corner I'd give him a decent chance at winning. When Lee fought Chavez Jr he was having a lot of success until he got hurt.

I don't know what this fight does for Golovkin and how it impacts his career but I guess it's another stay busy fight

I wonder if it was more or less then what they gave rasado and Stevens

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 5 2014, 06:56 PM) *
Yup, his team, K2 and the manager, whose name is Loefler I believe said early last year that they want to build GGG into a global superstar. He is a KO machine and that will help but looking at who he's Ko'd won't.

He was at the Grammy's, no one besides Klitschko and Tyson knew who he was lol....and his trainer Abel Sanchez says there will be no fight with Ward until Ward recognizes Gennady is a bigger star then Ward lol. Like Andre, I find it laughable. Sanchez pointed to ratings of GGG's fights but that doesn't necessarily tell the whole picture. GGG is being marketed well, ain't nothing wrong with that. He will get paid by being marketed as well as he is

Bigger star lmao the Kung Foo treachery is strong at k2!

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 5 2014, 06:57 PM) *
I'd kill to see ggg thurman. Only thing is one times chin is a little shaky. Considering he got rocked by soto Karass not sure how hed hold up to gennadys shots

Karass has some pop....but I dout Keith would give triple g a mayorga moment

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 5 2014, 06:59 PM) *
[quote name='mrchitown' date='Feb 5 2014, 07:48 PM' post='

I don't know what this fight does for Golovkin and how it impacts his career but I guess it's another stay busy fight

A step up from Adama to say the least

I'll buy that reasoning ...hopefully the ghost of Stewart strikes again.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 5 2014, 08:50 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 5 2014, 06:25 PM) *
I wonder if it was more or less then what they gave rasado and Stevens

Bigger star lmao the Kung Foo treachery is strong at k2!

Karass has some pop....but I dout Keith would give triple g a mayorga moment

I'll buy that reasoning ...hopefully the ghost of Stewart strikes again.

Oh yes, that fiendish Dr. Wu is still alive and kicking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

And also, you bring up a good point, what did they pay his opponents? Maybe that's why we're not seeing the fights with certain fighters. Because the interview a few days ago with Abel Sanchez, he let it be known that he thinks Gennady is a bigger star...seems like he thinks they deserve a bigger piece of the pie and I don't understand that reasoning

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 5 2014, 08:51 PM
Post #43

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 5 2014, 05:59 PM) *
[quote name='mrchitown' date='Feb 5 2014, 07:48 PM' post='

A step up from Adama to say the least

Yes he is. I like Andy Lee and I knew Chavez Jr would win but a part of me was pulling for Andy in their fight. He's not a bad fighter, he's solid and he has some good skills. I don't think GGG will finish him off quickly

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 5 2014, 09:43 PM
Post #44

Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 5 2014, 09:50 PM) *
Oh yes, that fiendish Dr. Wu is still alive and kicking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

And also, you bring up a good point, what did they pay his opponents? Maybe that's why we're not seeing the fights with certain fighters. Because the interview a few days ago with Abel Sanchez, he let it be known that he thinks Gennady is a bigger star...seems like he thinks they deserve a bigger piece of the pie and I don't understand that reasoning

Lol

They probly low balling him like they tried to do to Stevens ...even he had backed up over money at one point during. Signing to fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 5 2014, 10:30 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 5 2014, 08:43 PM) *
Lol

They probly low balling him like they tried to do to Stevens ...even he had backed up over money at one point during. Signing to fight.

GGG getting that main event money and paying them dudes that opening bout bread lol

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 5 2014, 11:08 PM
Post #46

Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 5 2014, 11:30 PM) *
GGG getting that main event money and paying them dudes that opening bout bread lol

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 9 2014, 08:38 PM
Post #47

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

props to lara for calling out gennady. erislandy's manager said he'd even be willing to move up in weight, which is a mistake IMO. ggg said he'll fight anyone from 154-175, and i think it'd be to lara's advantage to have the fight at jnr MW...not even a catch-weight. wonder if gennady's considering or whether he'll still move forward with andy lee.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 10 2014, 09:51 PM
Post #48

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 9 2014, 08:38 PM) *
props to lara for calling out gennady. erislandy's manager said he'd even be willing to move up in weight, which is a mistake IMO. ggg said he'll fight anyone from 154-175, and i think it'd be to lara's advantage to have the fight at jnr MW...not even a catch-weight. wonder if gennady's considering or whether he'll still move forward with andy lee.

Lara can't seem to land a meaningful fight to save his life...must suck to be him.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Feb 11 2014, 08:32 PM
Post #49

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 9 2014, 08:38 PM) *

I think the fact that he still has his 0 he won't move down in weight unless its a fight with Mayweather.

Predicting the fight with Lee will be done shortly.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 11 2014, 10:23 PM
Post #50

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 5 2014, 04:23 PM) *
That fight dose nothing for triple g at this point in his career. I'm not gonna say Lee is a bum but he's not gonna make people look at gennady like he's winter soldier. Until he fights somebody we know is at least halfway great ..he's on bute status

Lmao

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 08:50 PM