IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why are people clamoring for 3G vs Floyd?, When 3G hasn't even beaten an A level fighter yet!!
ryustuh
post Feb 2 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #11

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 2 2014, 04:56 PM) *
Why is anybody clamoring over Floyd fighting anybody at MW? This has been an ongoing issue for the longest...well, at least for the last couple of years now.

cuz they're stupid
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 2 2014, 07:44 PM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

twitter is blowin up too

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Feb 2 2014, 07:46 PM

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Feb 2 2014, 07:47 PM
Post #13

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

Mayweather should face him fight #5 or #6 of his deal... make him come to 154 with a same day weigh in

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 2 2014, 08:21 PM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 2 2014, 05:46 PM) *
Is it that bad?

Well there are a few over there that are straight up racist bigots who will argue you up and down that not one person can beat 3G, they make it seem as though the only one who'd beat him is one of the Klitschkos. lol

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 2 2014, 08:23 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (TheCritics @ Feb 2 2014, 06:47 PM) *
Mayweather should face him fight #5 or #6 of his deal... make him come to 154 with a same day weigh in

I disagree because even if he wins at that weight everyone will say Floyd drained him and go on to discredit the victory.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 2 2014, 09:06 PM
Post #16

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 2 2014, 08:23 PM) *
I disagree because even if he wins at that weight everyone will say Floyd drained him and go on to discredit the victory.

Every fight Floyd wins is discredited!

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 2 2014, 10:05 PM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

I would like to see the fight. I would also like to see GGG move to 168 and fight Ward. I think his best option is to stay at 160 and fight the guys there, eventually leading up to a PPV fight against the winner of Martinez-Cotto.

I don't think anyone is demanding this fight and truth be told it has no chance of happening with GGG being signed to HBO and Floyd signed to Showtime. It sucks for us fight fans, but Floyd is married to GBP at this point so he will end his career fighting a string of guys like Khan, Garcia, and Maidana.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 2 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 2 2014, 09:05 PM) *
I would like to see the fight. I would also like to see GGG move to 168 and fight Ward. I think his best option is to stay at 160 and fight the guys there, eventually leading up to a PPV fight against the winner of Martinez-Cotto.

I don't think anyone is demanding this fight and truth be told it has no chance of happening with GGG being signed to HBO and Floyd signed to Showtime. It sucks for us fight fans, but Floyd is married to GBP at this point so he will end his career fighting a string of guys like Khan, Garcia, and Maidana.

Nothing wrong with him facing those guys especially since Manny and Tim chickened out of moving away from ROB Arum the Rapist and his Top Rape promotional company.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 3 2014, 05:13 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 2 2014, 09:56 PM) *
Why is anybody clamoring over Floyd fighting anybody at MW? This has been an ongoing issue for the longest...well, at least for the last couple of years now.

Because realistically theres nothing left for him at welterweight and light middle that both fit his criteria and the fans. I mean he won't fight Lara because Lara isn't known, so fair enough, mans gotta eat. So why not Martinez, he did well with his PPV with Garcia, 475k supposedly(you know the Bobfather). If he beats Cotto in spectacular fashion am sure that'll raise his popularity. The fans criteria him to fight somebody that we don't know if he'll actually beat for once.

edit: The whole why 3G deal is because his seemingly undeniable power, and while he has some thudding power, reminiscent to Mike Tyson, it's not the same level, hence why he isn't destroying people within 1-4 rounds and getting these TKOs, so they think IF he touches Mayweather up he may do some serious damage, and while in a way I think with his power if he commits to the body he maybe able to do some damage, just seems way to slow for me. So to finish it all off, GGG vs Canelo.

This post has been edited by mgrover: Feb 3 2014, 05:59 AM

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 3 2014, 06:11 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Let me say first that I don't believe that Golovkin should be on Mayweather's radar... yet. However, when you want to put him in a category with greats like Sugar Ray Robinson, Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Leonard, they all did just that. They challenged guys at higher weights. They won some, they lost some. They are revered in our eyes because they dared to take on a challenge that we thought was very risky. They were not always an overwhelming favorite in their challenges. When was the last time Mayweather fought a guy where the majority didn't overwhelmingly favor him? It hasn't happened. Those three guys mentioned above were not always the overwhelming favorite every single time out.

Its a matter of people just wanting to see a good fight and get their money's worth out of a $70 PPV. I know I'm tired of seeing Mayweather breeze through the WW class. I don't think Khan or Maidana are legitimate challenges. He will again be an overwhelming favorite and easily beat both of those guys. He may even win by KO. I'm not paying for Khan or Maidana. Neither one of those guys is even the BEST challenge at WW. I wouldn't have been mad if Mayweather moved up and challenged Sergio Martinez, who is clearly more deserving than Golovkin. If/when Golovkin eclipses Martinez, then we can also put him in the conversation.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 12:46 AM