IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

42 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mayweather vs Maidana- May 3rd "The Moment"-Updated, On PPV and Closed Circuit-Theater Locations-Page 1, Post 1
Mayweather-vs. Maidana Question?
Does Maidana Give Floyd a Tougher Than Expected Fight?
Yes [ 12 ] ** [57.14%]
No [ 6 ] ** [28.57%]
Unsure [ 3 ] ** [14.29%]
Total Votes: 21

Gambit808
post Feb 3 2014, 12:49 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

FLOYD MAYWEATHER VS. MARCOS MAIDANA

SATURDAY MAY 3, 2014
ON PAY PER VIEW AND CLOSED CIRCUIT

Here is a list of closed-circuit locations: (If you want to save at least $70.) No traditional poll as Floyd is overwhelmingly favored to win. But a poll question.

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/mayweather-vs-maidana-live

Jack

Administrator

PS. Click on "More Info" at the site to get the theater locations list.

This post has been edited by Jack 1000: Mar 29 2014, 06:45 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 3 2014, 01:47 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

fuck khan. he dont deserve shit. he didnt fight devon, that was what shaefer made a deal with him to get this fight, and he backed out so fuck him, he should be trying to fight broner.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 3 2014, 05:06 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

deserves? Maidana. would make a better fight? Khan.

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Feb 3 2014, 06:02 AM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 3 2014, 10:06 AM) *

Totally agree with this Khans speed will give Mayweather some problems

+Quote Post
khantaliban
post Feb 3 2014, 06:19 AM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 14,119

Maidana helluva fighter but im tired of slow fighters with big punch wishing to land on floyds chin. Floyd gets hit 16%....16%!! and that too most on the body and with slow fighters probably near 0.

If its maidana, Floyds takes another warrior to school.. Sorry

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 3 2014, 06:48 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Fuck both of these guys. I wont pay for either one. Not really a significant challenge. He will likely KO both guys and take your money again... If I'm shelling out $70, I want to see a match where the outcome is not so clear. Who should he be looking at right now??? Well I'm glad you asked... There are some significant challenges at 154, like Erislandy Lara. Mayweather holds 2 belts there Since he does own 2 belts at 154, 160 is not a huge stretch. Sergio Martinez would have fought Mayweather on one leg at 160.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Feb 3 2014, 08:40 AM
Post #7

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Like Mr.Factor I'm not really interested in neither fight but Khan is obviously the better matchup. And don't forget that Khan beat (barely) Maidana

This post has been edited by Plah: Feb 3 2014, 08:41 AM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 3 2014, 09:09 AM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 3 2014, 05:06 AM) *

This! I think most people think Maidana is the tougher fight over Khan and I think they couldn't be any more wrong. Floyd's fought a bunch of Maidanas. I'm not sure the last time he's fought a guy like Khan.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 3 2014, 10:32 AM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I voted Khan. Since Maidana wants to bitch out of his mandatory rematch with Broner, he don't deserve a pay day against Mayweather. Let him stay home and take care of his newborn

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Feb 3 2014, 10:51 AM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

Stylistically Khan is the tougher fight. He has more tools. However Maidana is the more credible opponent as of now. Khan shot himself in the foot by not fighting Alexander. IF (big IF) he would've won, he would've had a title and I have no doubt he would've won the lottery. He has the UK fan base, and he speaks English so that would've helped the promotion. But khan being the diva that he is ducked a legit WW/title shot in fear of losing. Instead of earning it the hard way he played it safe. Floyd would've been fine regardless because if khan would've lost to Alexander, he'd fight Maidana who's more marketable with a title. If khan would've won against Alexander, then Floyd would pick pick Khan who's more marketable than Maidana with a title. They better put together a helluva undercard.

The only threat to Floyd's 0 is Erislandy Lara. I can't see Floyd beating him. He's just as skilled, bigger, and more powerful. Sam Watson said Lara will get the winner of Canelo and Angulo. No doubt in my mind that Lara will spank either of them. That would make Lara the interim WBA/WBC champion - Floyds mandatory for both titles.

The competition at WW is also getting more intense even though there's no real threat. Keith Thurman, Malinaggi, and Collazo are up in the WBAs rankings. And Porter has a title. Malinaggi and Collazo would never fight each other. But if malinaggi could beat Khan, porter, and/or Thurman for a spot in the Mayweather sweepstakes in September, that fight would be HUGE marketing wise at the Barclays in NYC. And if khan could beat porter (I don't think he can) then no doubt we see him in September.

+Quote Post

42 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 03:54 PM