> What If Manny loses 4/12
Dolimite
post Feb 5 2014, 01:34 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 5 2014, 10:07 AM) *
With Ariza's help, didn't Manny jump up a couple of weight classes and challenge Oscar years ago? I see the same cycle taking place. They may actually negotiate this next year and have the fight at like 142 or 144 or somewhere in that neighborhood.

Can we then shit on Mikey for not trying to fight Rigondeaux? Mikey does not have a solid chin, if Pac has power left, it is going to be bad. Mikey's 2 million dollar pay day ain't worth it,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 5 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #22

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think it's HOW he loses that will determine his fate. If it's a close fight, there will be plenty who will say he won anyway and thus keep his seemingly invincible momentum going nevertheless.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Feb 5 2014, 01:44 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 5 2014, 01:48 PM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 5 2014, 11:44 AM) *
I think it's HOW he loses that will determine his fate. If it's a close fight, there will be plenty who will say he won anyway and thus keep his seemingly invincible momentum going nevertheless.

Manny gets the nod, for another six months we have to hear "Floyd needs to fight Manny, GGG, Lara, and Bradley to seal his legacy or he is a career pussy"

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 5 2014, 02:56 PM
Post #24

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 5 2014, 12:07 PM) *
With Ariza's help, didn't Manny jump up a couple of weight classes and challenge Oscar years ago? I see the same cycle taking place. They may actually negotiate this next year and have the fight at like 142 or 144 or somewhere in that neighborhood.

This

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 5 2014, 01:34 PM) *
Can we then shit on Mikey for not trying to fight Rigondeaux? Mikey does not have a solid chin, if Pac has power left, it is going to be bad. Mikey's 2 million dollar pay day ain't worth it,

This too

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 5 2014, 01:48 PM) *
Manny gets the nod, for another six months we have to hear "Floyd needs to fight Manny, GGG, Lara, and Bradley to seal his legacy or he is a career pussy"

Regardless all four fights would be discredited by mainstream fans and skip bayless, Mike wilbon type critics.

Pac was old and out his prime

3g never fought A or B level competition

Who is Lara we never heard of em

And Bradley was always overrated : IMO : this would be his most competitive match since the first 5 rounds of the Judah fight.

But we'LL be here watching the mindless ignorant banter of the damn I wish he'd get knocked the fuck out crowd. He's the Jack Johnson of his time.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 6 2014, 01:02 PM
Post #25

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 5 2014, 01:48 PM) *

Oh is Lara part of it too now? I haven't been keeping up with my Floyd hatred manual lol

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 6 2014, 01:49 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 6 2014, 10:02 AM) *
Oh is Lara part of it too now? I haven't been keeping up with my Floyd hatred manual lol

Lara and Peter Quillen. But, GGG is the one they are creaming in they tighty whities for. pathetic.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 6 2014, 03:19 PM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 5 2014, 01:34 PM) *

Any fighter that bypasses a few challenges and "lands the big one", will always get shit on...but those are checkmate moves in my eyes. I may not always agree with it, but it is what it is (I hate that phrase).

It's funny to see other fighters get pissed a guy for doing it. They're like, "Ay man, don't duck me like that! Come down here and fight for little money, instead of moving up for a big payday."

Being that Bradley got $5M and is about to get $6M with a small fan base, Mikey's gonna a nice little cut himself...being that he has more fans than Bradley...or so it appears.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 7 2014, 09:02 AM
Post #28

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 6 2014, 01:19 PM) *
Any fighter that bypasses a few challenges and "lands the big one", will always get shit on...but those are checkmate moves in my eyes. I may not always agree with it, but it is what it is (I hate that phrase).

It's funny to see other fighters get pissed a guy for doing it. They're like, "Ay man, don't duck me like that! Come down here and fight for little money, instead of moving up for a big payday."

Being that Bradley got $5M and is about to get $6M with a small fan base, Mikey's gonna a nice little cut himself...being that he has more fans than Bradley...or so it appears.

If this fight gets made and Mikey takes punishment, can't that ruin him as a fighter. A la Cotto after Margarito, I know those circumstances are different, but you get what I mean.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 7 2014, 09:43 AM
Post #29

Junior Middleweight

What if Bradley knocked Manny out? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I would LOVE to hear what creative excuse Pactard nation comes up with. They still are on the "Marquez landed a lucky punch" shit even though that was the SECOND time Manny hit the canvas.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 7 2014, 10:06 AM
Post #30

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 7 2014, 09:43 AM) *
What if Bradley knocked Manny out? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I would LOVE to hear what creative excuse Pactard nation comes up with. They still are on the "Marquez landed a lucky punch" shit even though that was the SECOND time Manny hit the canvas.

pac fan boys would have 1 of 4 responses

1) bradley got lucky. again.
2) at least manny is a REAL champ and chooses to face the best guys in the division unlike floyd who is a ducker.
3) only legitimate boxers have losses on their record and know how to bounce back from them. in this regard, pac is more of a champ than floyd will ever be bc "he knows what its like to lose".
4) they will go into hiding until pac has another comeback fight against a rios-level opponent at which point pac will get the nod, and his fans will shout he's back in form and deserves to fight floyd.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Feb 7 2014, 10:10 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 03:38 AM