> Bob Arum on "the cold war", some lies, some truths
ryustuh
post Feb 7 2014, 11:08 PM
Post #21

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 8 2014, 12:03 AM) *
Sad part is he was never a villain till the de la hoya fight...that's when all this shit started.

i know man. it's like if people actually studied floyd's early career and how humble he was, they'd be shocked. no one knows about him revering genaro hernandez or telling chico corrales to respect his pops. all they pay attention to is the negatives and it is a damn shame bc that's not at all who the dude is. on the other side you got a guy who claims his allegiance to Catholicism yet gambles excessively, cheats on his wife, and owes the IRS millions. everyone's got shit twisted.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 7 2014, 11:19 PM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 7 2014, 10:08 PM) *
i know man. it's like if people actually studied floyd's early career and how humble he was, they'd be shocked. no one knows about him revering genaro hernandez or telling chico corrales to respect his pops. all they pay attention to is the negatives and it is a damn shame bc that's not at all who the dude is. on the other side you got a guy who claims his allegiance to Catholicism yet gambles excessively, cheats on his wife, and owes the IRS millions. everyone's got shit twisted.

And eats aborted duck fetuses

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 7 2014, 11:21 PM
Post #23

Bantamweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 8 2014, 12:19 AM) *
And eats aborted duck fetuses

LMAO gonna have to steal this one

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 7 2014, 11:22 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Arum will take 1 step forward then say or do something and take 4 or 5 steps back. I found the hitler reference to be extremely insulting. In an earlier interview it was because of Showtime/CBS now it's because of Mayweather being afraid of the southpaw style, and he forgets that in recent yrs, his fights have been against lefties (Ortiz, Guerrero)...what a dope

It's the same thing with the guy, when ever Manny fights, Arum is the FIRST person to bring up the Mayweather fight. I think a lot of fans see it but they turn a blind eye to it

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 7 2014, 11:25 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 7 2014, 10:21 PM) *
LMAO gonna have to steal this one

Did you see that vid? You can tell he's not a good liar, they busted his dumb ass and he had the I just found out I fathered 8 kids on Maury show face lmao

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/2014/tmz-flo...not-well-spent/

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 7 2014, 11:28 PM
Post #26

Bantamweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 8 2014, 12:25 AM) *
Did you see that vid? You can tell he's not a good liar, they busted his dumb ass and he had the I just found out I fathered 8 kids on Maury show face lmao

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/2014/tmz-flo...not-well-spent/

thanks bro that shit made my night.

balu? balu? lmfao...dude cant even look at the camera straight on he's like "shit u got me"

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 7 2014, 11:38 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 7 2014, 10:28 PM) *
thanks bro that shit made my night.

balu? balu? lmfao...dude cant even look at the camera straight on he's like "shit u got me"

I almost spit my water out when his facial expression changed, that should be a gif in the making lol

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 8 2014, 09:52 PM
Post #28

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Feb 5 2014, 12:23 PM) *
http://www.fighthype.com/news/external/ind...cold-war--74372

“You [have to] understand that whatever is said, it has nothing to do with ‘they won’t do business with us’ or ‘we don’t’ do business with them’. That’s all bullsh*t. I mean I lived with [Don] King for so many years where we were competitors and we did business together. The problem is Showtime. Showtime won’t deal with any promoter except Golden Boy! So why should I take a fighter and give them to Showtime when they won’t deal with Top Rank or any other promoter other than Golden Boy,”

they offered you Doniare vs mares and showed you the money dont use that one.

“Showtime is the one that’s at fault and CBS has allowed them to get away with this kind of thing. It’s never happened before in the sport of boxing where one entity only deals with one promoter. When is the last time another promoter – forget Top Rank – any other promoter has put a fight on for Showtime?”

is there truth to this?

“ they take a fight a Canelo-Angulo which belongs on Showtime and they put it on pay per view. What is that?”

ill give that one to him that is not a ppv fight.

“They have a guy [Stephen Espinoza] in charge of Showtime Sports, he signed Mayweather; if you’re a subscriber for Showtime, what the hell difference does it mean to you? Mayweather isn’t on Showtime, he’s on pay-per-view. If you have a subscription, you can’t see a Mayweather fight on Showtime. It’s ridiculous”.

100% truth ...i hate to say it but bob has a very valid point!

your thoughts

The thing that sticks out the most that I disagree with is your statement of Canelo vs Angulo not being PPV, I think the exposure that Floyd gave to Saul has made him a star and he picked the perfect candidate in Angulo to duel with because basically Angulo is an Arturo Gatti type who simply comes forward offering little defense which makes for an action-packed affair.

I think you'll be mildly surprised how well this fight sells once the ppv numbers come forward. Arum is FOS though, I can't hardly believe anything that comes out of his lying a$$ mouth.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 06:50 AM