Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> berto planning return this summer
AZWildCat
post Feb 6 2014, 04:59 PM
Post #1

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

after his war with the ghost and his stoppage loss to karass he needs a dub bad. i wanna say take an easy fight but not Don Flamenco easy, he needs to show some improvement and personal identity in the ring. he cant afford another loss or his career is a done dolla. dont be surprised if he loses and ends up on the next lightweight season of TUF!

who's a good comeback fight for him?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
AZWildCat
post Feb 7 2014, 12:14 AM
Post #2

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 12:43 AM) *
Damn you just brought up a good tournament. How about a mini tourney with Judah, Berto, Ortiz, and Mosley. There all in the same boat. March them up and the losers ride off into the sunset and the winner gets one more shot at the big time. Why not? We may get some good fights out of it

Berto doesn't quit and I think we all live that about him but in a way he's his own worse enemy. He throws shots and falls in and defensively he's not the tightest. I also think his physique works against him. He doesn't have a boxer frame he got more of the mma square up type of body. He's too tight most of the fight and I think his muscular build is a reason why. He looks like he should be in a weight lifting contest instead of a fight

Good thing is at least he's training with Hunter right now and hopefully tightening up on those holes in his game. I think this is his last run so they need to be very very careful how they match him from here on out

This!!!
QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 7 2014, 12:50 AM) *
Berto vs Malinaggi, Berto vs Khan, Berto vs Broner, Berto vs Judah....Idk if its worth really trying to "rebuild" him and put him as the main event with a tomato can, his name still holds value and if anything he could be a solid gatekeeper.

He has a chance against any of the said names because his handpower, and hand speed, but other than his hands he doesnt have anything else. No legs, no defense, more of a brawler than boxer, his upperbody compared to his lower body is too unproportionate, he looked like he was about to fall over at any moment against soto karass; No balance.

I've been wanting that Berto/Ortiz rematch.

He may not win but i would like to see Thurman get to Berto, a highlight waiting to happen.

Khan wont happen ...same trainer...,,him n Thurman used to train together in Florida same team ...Thurman was known for sleeping his ass...not wise

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 06:34 AM