IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Many Times Has Mayweather Been Down From A Slip or a Punch?, As a Pro?
Jack 1000
post Feb 6 2014, 05:53 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Didn't Judah have him down? But it was counted as a slip. Mosley had Floyd the most hurt I have seen in that second round, but didn't follow up. I still think it almost looked like he was paid not to follow up. I am not saying he was, but it just looked like Shane was a little too nice in there. (After round 2.)

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 6 2014, 06:15 PM
Post #2

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 6 2014, 05:53 PM) *
Didn't Judah have him down? But it was counted as a slip. Mosley had Floyd the most hurt I have seen in that second round, but didn't follow up. I still think it almost looked like he was paid not to follow up. I am not saying he was, but it just looked like Shane was a little too nice in there. (After round 2.)

Jack

He "technically" went down in the Castillo I fight (not sure if that was Castillo or not), I believe due to his shoulder and Hatton almost had him down (more about being off balance) in Rd 1 or 2 of their fight.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 6 2014, 06:25 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

lol it's newsworthy when Floyd "almost" goes down or gets knocked down at all but to answer the question Zab was the only fighter who legitimately knocked him down. Mosley rocked him but even at the end of that round he was beating the brakes off of Shane, Hatton's bulrush knocked Floyd off balance and tripped him backwards but it was hardly because of the punch that he threw.

Castillo never came close to putting Mayweather down.

+Quote Post
karmine20
post Feb 6 2014, 06:48 PM
Post #4

Amateur

Member No.: 13,403

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 6 2014, 07:25 PM) *
lol it's newsworthy when Floyd "almost" goes down or gets knocked down at all but to answer the question Zab was the only fighter who legitimately knocked him down. Mosley rocked him but even at the end of that round he was beating the brakes off of Shane, Hatton's bulrush knocked Floyd off balance and tripped him backwards but it was hardly because of the punch that he threw.

Could not of said it any better. Beautifully said..

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 6 2014, 07:12 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 6 2014, 06:25 PM) *

I was referring to the knee he took due to a shoulder injury during a fight...wasn't suggesting it was as a result from Castillo or whomever it was he was fighting at the time.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 6 2014, 07:36 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 6 2014, 06:12 PM) *
I was referring to the knee he took due to a shoulder injury during a fight...wasn't suggesting it was as a result from Castillo or whomever it was he was fighting at the time.

I know I was just laughing at this thread even though it's cool but it's just kinda funny that any other fighter in boxing gets knocked down or out then people will vaguely mention it but if it's Floyd then all of a sudden it is world news. lol

Being that damn good has to be taxing on poor (not in money) Mayweather.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 6 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Lol @ Hatton's hook being counted as bullrushing Floyd

This is what yall calling off balance, Hatton hit him with a good left hook and MADE Floyd get off balance. If Floyd wasn't as athletically gifted as he is that would've been a KD but it wasn't. But by no means was Hatton bullrushing him, he just threw a good shot..stop trying to steal Ricky's moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfVoXgCQc60

Zab is the only one to have knocked him down in the ring. That says something about how great Zab could've been if he had of focused not only in that fight but his career

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 6 2014, 08:09 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 6 2014, 07:36 PM) *
Being that damn good has to be taxing on poor (not in money) Mayweather.

No room to be human

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Feb 6 2014, 08:16 PM
Post #9

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 6 2014, 05:53 PM) *

Jack

Judah dropped him legitimately. He beat Floyd to the punch and as a result, Floyd lost his balance and 1 of his gloves touched/scraped the canvas (legitimate knock down), but for some reason, it was ruled as a slip. As far as who hurt Floyd the most goes, I think it's a toss-up between Corley and Mosley. Mosley tried to follow up, but he was unsuccessful in his attempt. Sharmba Mitchell and Ricky Hatton were successful at makin' Mayweather lose his balance from a punch as well. Hatton's wasn't that clean, though. In the Mitchell fight, Mitchell's trainer kept tellin' him to throw a particular punch (I can't remember which punch), then Floyd said, "He ain't gon' land it. He can't hit me." 5 secs later, Floyd gets rocked with it. He lost his balance, but he was never hurt. Castillo never came close to droppin'/hurtin' Floyd. Floyd did take a knee in 1 of his fights, though. It was due to a hand injury (not shoulder) if I remember correctly.

Sharmba Mitchell catches Mayweather in an exchange...TWICE! (FF it to the 4:10 mark)

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Feb 6 2014, 08:40 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 6 2014, 08:39 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

He went down off a straight and a low blow from Judah.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 11:37 AM