IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Many Times Has Mayweather Been Down From A Slip or a Punch?, As a Pro?
pacco_diablo
post Feb 8 2014, 04:00 AM
Post #31

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,107

I personally do not remember Mayweather ever being hurt or hopping up to beat a count. He's the greatest boxer period. Fighter though....?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 8 2014, 01:04 PM
Post #32

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Feb 8 2014, 03:00 AM) *
I personally do not remember Mayweather ever being hurt or hopping up to beat a count. He's the greatest boxer period. Fighter though....?

Lmao

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 8 2014, 01:05 PM
Post #33

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 8 2014, 01:26 AM) *
Lmao

Smokin Joe had some quotables too

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 8 2014, 02:17 PM
Post #34

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Feb 7 2014, 12:12 AM) *
Negative.

Totally right, My bad. He didn't go down but almost did. I thought the glove skimmed the canvas in an effort to brace himself but i be thinking of the judah fight...

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 8 2014, 05:36 PM
Post #35

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 7 2014, 09:16 AM) *
Hell no it wasn't no trip. I say to the ones who believe he "tripped" what Frazier said about Ali in their first fight

"He said he slipped, what he slip on?.....He slipped on that hook"

It was more like a jab that slightly landed but anyone can clearly see Ricky's right leg hit up against Floyd's left leg making him stumble:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIWvWjwS6Yo

Go to the 21:06 mark and focus on the legs, in particular look at Ricky's right leg as it clearly knocks hard up against and under Floyd's as Mayweather is moving backwards to avoid the punch (a jab mind you) that is coming that he sees coming and it knocks him off balance. That little tap wasn't hard enough to stammer Floyd.

I think people got too caught up in the crowd, HBO's biased commentary and focusing only upstairs when the real cause happened downstairs.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 9 2014, 02:18 AM
Post #36

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 8 2014, 04:36 PM) *
It was more like a jab that slightly landed but anyone can clearly see Ricky's right leg hit up against Floyd's left leg making him stumble:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIWvWjwS6Yo

Go to the 21:06 mark and focus on the legs, in particular look at Ricky's right leg as it clearly knocks hard up against and under Floyd's as Mayweather is moving backwards to avoid the punch (a jab mind you) that is coming that he sees coming and it knocks him off balance. That little tap wasn't hard enough to stammer Floyd.

I think people got too caught up in the crowd, HBO's biased commentary and focusing only upstairs when the real cause happened downstairs.

I don't know about HBO bias because I attended that fight and I still see a hook land and Floyd stumbling back, I didn't see him trip in the MGM that night I didn't see a trip when I watched it back home on HBO the next week and I still don't see a trip on YouTube. He was hit with a decent shot that sent him back. Even if he allegedly got tangled up with Hatton's leg he wouldn't have gotten tripped if he hadn't of gotten hit. Little taps don't move you backwards. He wasn't hurt but he would've gon down if he wants such a great athlete. That's no slip that's just great timing by Hatton, one of the few moments he had in the fight

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Feb 9 2014, 02:20 AM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 9 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #37

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 01:18 AM) *
I don't know about HBO bias because I attended that fight and I still see a hook land and Floyd stumbling back, I didn't see him trip in the MGM that night I didn't see a trip when I watched it back home on HBO the next week and I still don't see a trip on YouTube. He was hit with a decent shot that sent him back. Even if he allegedly got tangled up with Hatton's leg he wouldn't have gotten tripped if he hadn't of gotten hit. Little taps don't move you backwards. He wasn't hurt but he would've gon down if he wants such a great athlete. That's no slip that's just great timing by Hatton, one of the few moments he had in the fight

I have to call you out on this because it appears your stubbornness to admit that you are wrong is getting in the way of your judgment, I pointed out the exact moment when it happens and as long as you are unwilling to admit that you were wrong then you'll never see it. I agree that there was a punch, I did not dispute that but I also acknowledge the fact that you can clearly see Hatton's leg bump into and lift up Floyd's right leg (part of that was from Mayweather going back, the other was avoiding the punch) which caused him to go backwards.

I think the video is clear in depicting exactly what I described but I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree because I believe what my eyes are showing me, not my pride of being right.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 9 2014, 04:16 PM
Post #38

Light Heavyweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 9 2014, 10:18 AM) *
I have to call you out on this because it appears your stubbornness to admit that you are wrong is getting in the way of your judgment, I pointed out the exact moment when it happens and as long as you are unwilling to admit that you were wrong then you'll never see it. I agree that there was a punch, I did not dispute that but I also acknowledge the fact that you can clearly see Hatton's leg bump into and lift up Floyd's right leg (part of that was from Mayweather going back, the other was avoiding the punch) which caused him to go backwards.

I think the video is clear in depicting exactly what I described but I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree because I believe what my eyes are showing me, not my pride of being right.

OK bruh lol. He slipped in a hook, it's not my pride it's a fact. You see it your way and I see it mine but the truth is obvious...in the future spare me the Dr Phil rant...
Joe Frazier calls you out...."he slipped on that hook"

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 9 2014, 06:08 PM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I think I remember Floyd hitting the deck in the Mosley fight too

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Feb 9 2014, 06:22 PM
Post #40

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 9 2014, 04:16 PM) *
OK bruh lol. He slipped in a hook, it's not my pride it's a fact. You see it your way and I see it mine but the truth is obvious...in the future spare me the Dr Phil rant...
Joe Frazier calls you out...."he slipped on that hook"
I love this site (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 9 2014, 06:08 PM) *
I think I remember Floyd hitting the deck in the Mosley fight too

Sarcasm detected.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 06:43 AM