IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Philly, A City Rich in Boxing History Needs More Fights!
AZWildCat
post Feb 7 2014, 11:23 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

With a city thats so rich in boxing history, why do they never get the chance to host big events? Everybody Always says NYC ,Vegas & Atlantic city why does no one fight here? If I was a champ I'd fell like a buster if I didn't defend my title in Philly at least once. That should be a real champions dream to win big in front of a large spirited illadelphia crowd. Maybe its just me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
klonopinz
post Feb 8 2014, 01:17 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

It seems like all the arenas where boxing is behing held these days are constantly being recycled over and over, that makes me think they have contracts with these netorks and promoters. HBO alays uses Madison gadren, showtime and barclays, alamodome, you kno mgm grand in vegas. its rare you get a show in some arena that isnt already a boxing mecca. This cold war shit is like monopoly. They only doing business with one arena, one network, one promoter, and in one country. there are small exceptions but not really.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 9 2014, 05:44 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 8 2014, 02:17 PM) *
It seems like all the arenas where boxing is behing held these days are constantly being recycled over and over, that makes me think they have contracts with these netorks and promoters. HBO alays uses Madison gadren, showtime and barclays, alamodome, you kno mgm grand in vegas. its rare you get a show in some arena that isnt already a boxing mecca. This cold war shit is like monopoly. They only doing business with one arena, one network, one promoter, and in one country. there are small exceptions but not really.

The fans have got to call bullshit at some point

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 02:13 PM