IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ward disputes Khan's claim of taking his shots in sparing.
leonthegee
post Feb 8 2014, 08:36 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

Accourding to Ward these two have never spared against each other. Khans reeks of desperation.

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-ward-disp...is-shots--74474

Personally as a fan of Floyd I dont care who he fights. I just want to see greatness while greatness still exist in boxing. It could be years before we see this kind of talent come up in the ranks. But back to the topic I never thought Khan would land the Floyd fight. Pulling out of the Alexander negotiations took him out of the running in my book.

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Feb 8 2014, 08:38 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 8 2014, 08:45 AM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Whether he could or he couldn't hes been taking Angulos shots just fine supposedly. Also Ward would make for some very good sparring in prep for Mayweather, sure hes quite big, but its the skill that matters

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Feb 8 2014, 09:23 AM
Post #3

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 8 2014, 08:45 AM) *
Whether he could or he couldn't hes been taking Angulos shots just fine supposedly. Also Ward would make for some very good sparring in prep for Mayweather, sure hes quite big, but its the skill that matters

I would hope and have to assume He sees Angulos shots coming from a mile away...those aren't the ones that hurt. Khan fights his best after he's hurt.

This post has been edited by BigDDatHomey: Feb 8 2014, 09:23 AM

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 8 2014, 09:44 AM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Khan has been in there with some heavy hitters and not gone down. He stood up against Maidana, Peterson, and Judah without going down. He also took Danny Garcia's shots very well until that crazy neck shot completely took him out. Prescott just flattened him. He took a FLUSH shot right on the chin. The Diaz fight is what would worry me if I was Khan. There is no reason for him to be hurt by Diaz.

I will say that BOTH of these guys (Khan and Ward) are annoying. Khan should have fought this past fall/winter. There is no reason to pass on the fight with Alexander. Ward needs to actually get busy in the ring and stop crying about the media and his promoter. He has fought once over the last 18 months and that was against a C-level fighter and there is nothing on the horizon for him, either.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Feb 8 2014, 09:45 AM
Post #5

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Feb 8 2014, 09:23 AM) *
I would hope and have to assume He sees Angulos shots coming from a mile away...those aren't the ones that hurt. Khan fights his best after he's hurt.

huh?

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Feb 8 2014, 10:08 AM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 8 2014, 09:36 AM) *
Accourding to Ward these two have never spared against each other. Khans reeks of desperation.

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Feb 8 2014, 10:23 AM) *
Khan fights his best after he's hurt.

QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 8 2014, 10:44 AM) *
The Diaz fight is what would worry me if I was Khan. There is no reason for him to be hurt by Diaz.

Ward needs to actually get busy in the ring and stop crying about the media and his promoter. He has fought once over the last 18 months and that was against a C-level fighter and there is nothing on the horizon for him, either.

(IMG:http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/ht_rev_jim_moats_false_navy_seal_jp_110509_wmain.jpg)

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 8 2014, 10:41 AM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 8 2014, 09:44 AM) *
I will say that BOTH of these guys (Khan and Ward) are annoying. Khan should have fought this past fall/winter. There is no reason to pass on the fight with Alexander. Ward needs to actually get busy in the ring and stop crying about the media and his promoter. He has fought once over the last 18 months and that was against a C-level fighter and there is nothing on the horizon for him, either.

maybe cuz it has somethin to do with andre practically wiping out the entire division. what slim pickings are left (chavez jr, groves) have made little effort to show they want that fight. he told ggg to print up a contract, then you got abel sanchez saying they want everyone at 160 first and ward isn't on their radar yet. his opponents have put him in a situation where he's sitting on his hands and can't do much, but wait. can't force anyone to fight if they dont want to.

IMO, he needs to consider moving up to LHW.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 8 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

If you ain't lying you ain't trying. If he does land the fight, I can take pleasure of seeing him get his ass kicked.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 8 2014, 12:45 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 8 2014, 10:41 AM) *
maybe cuz it has somethin to do with andre practically wiping out the entire division. what slim pickings are left (chavez jr, groves) have made little effort to show they want that fight. he told ggg to print up a contract, then you got abel sanchez saying they want everyone at 160 first and ward isn't on their radar yet. his opponents have put him in a situation where he's sitting on his hands and can't do much, but wait. can't force anyone to fight if they dont want to.

IMO, he needs to consider moving up to LHW.

Then stay active or move up. Don't cry about your promoter and go on the shelf. Keep your name on HBO, collect a paycheck, and look impressive. Eventually something will fall your way. I am not saying he has to move up, but don't become inactive waiting for guys like JCCJR. Ward should have NEVER become so inactive. Most of his key wins were on Showtime in front of a small audience. He needs to create more of a demand for his fights and if you can't get a really good opponent then do what GGG has been doing and just stay active. Let HBO announcers like Lampley and Max hype you up in 3 2013 fights instead of 1. Ward should have fought once through February this year, but not only has he not fought, there is almost nothing being mentioned. You won't create interest and buzz doing what he is doing.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 9 2014, 02:08 AM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 8 2014, 07:36 AM) *

Personally as a fan of Floyd I dont care who he fights. I just want to see greatness while greatness still exist in boxing. It could be years before we see this kind of talent come up in the ranks. But back to the topic I never thought Khan would land the Floyd fight. Pulling out of the Alexander negotiations took him out of the running in my book.

Khan lying ass, I bet he didn't spar Angulo either.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 06:02 AM