IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arum compares Floyd to Hitler.... Sad day, Everyone is okay with this?
Cshel86
post Feb 8 2014, 10:37 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

dont waste time making another thread about floyd. im sick of it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 9 2014, 02:44 AM
Post #12

Light Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 8 2014, 11:44 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/arums-compariso...xed-feel--74459

What pisses me off is no one even questioned Arum about this or even did a follow up response, now had Floyd said any thing like that it would be hell. This is out of hand and fans eat this shit up.

Calm down Dolomite we all know you love Floyd but stop being biased. Plenty of media outlets, including ESPN has let it be known that they find Arum's remarks to be despicable

Now I've seen some of the dumbest comments on the Internet about it. Some people are trying to spin it and take the sting off of it and some are going the racist route as usual. And then you have others who speak out on it. It's really been a mixed reaction on the comment.

Me personally I found it to be very insulting and it shows that even at 83yrs old, Arum has no class. This isn't the first time he's made a comparison between Mayweather Jr and Hitler, he did it in 2012 if I'm not mistaken. He's an idiot who doesn't see the big picture. For all his accomplishments in boxing he's not really a great promoter, King was always better then him and Schaefer is better then him too. He's weak and when a person makes remarks like this it's out of fear.

You have to remember this is the same dude who called the MMA fan base a bunch of skinheads. He's a poor example of a human being. This is why Mayweather doesn't work with him, those wounds run too deep. What he said was out of line but we all have souls and when he looks into the mirror at night and sees a himself I'd be shocked if he actually liked what he sees

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Feb 9 2014, 02:46 AM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 9 2014, 07:26 AM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Maybe Arum is just a class A racist, I mean he is 80 something lol, comes from a different Era so to speak.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 9 2014, 08:51 AM
Post #14

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

IF A BLACK MAN even lets the name HITLER COME to his lips he would be raked over the COALS.... Arum is a slick Yehudi.. lol .. I am sure he has relatives who are part of the Zionist controlled media - he can say and do whatever he wants Lmao

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 9 2014, 09:46 AM
Post #15

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 8 2014, 07:37 PM) *

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 8 2014, 11:44 PM) *
Calm down Dolomite we all know you love Floyd but stop being biased. Plenty of media outlets, including ESPN has let it be known that they find Arum's remarks to be despicable

Now I've seen some of the dumbest comments on the Internet about it. Some people are trying to spin it and take the sting off of it and some are going the racist route as usual. And then you have others who speak out on it. It's really been a mixed reaction on the comment.

Me personally I found it to be very insulting and it shows that even at 83yrs old, Arum has no class. This isn't the first time he's made a comparison between Mayweather Jr and Hitler, he did it in 2012 if I'm not mistaken. He's an idiot who doesn't see the big picture. For all his accomplishments in boxing he's not really a great promoter, King was always better then him and Schaefer is better then him too. He's weak and when a person makes remarks like this it's out of fear.

You have to remember this is the same dude who called the MMA fan base a bunch of skinheads. He's a poor example of a human being. This is why Mayweather doesn't work with him, those wounds run too deep. What he said was out of line but we all have souls and when he looks into the mirror at night and sees a himself I'd be shocked if he actually liked what he sees

This thread is not about Floyd, it is about what Arum said. If he said this about any other boxer I would of spoken on it. What I don't like is no one says anything. The dude who gave the interview didn't even challenge him. It's like the senator who said nothing to a woman who said the president should be executed. When language like this becomes the norm, than we are in trouble. This was a classless statement and for a man to be head of a company who represents all nationalities should be a little more sensitive. The reason why Adolf was able to do what he did, because people didn't stand up to him. If we as a society let comments like this be the norm, then we lost. I am bugging about this is because my great dadwas lynched in Arkansas, as the story goes, no one did anything to stop it. They were upset that an innocent man died but they say fuck it. So when dumb ass fans start calling Floyd Hitler cause of Arum and shit gets ugly, I told you so. References like this do not belong in sports or society.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 9 2014, 11:13 AM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 08:46 AM) *
This thread is not about Floyd, it is about what Arum said. If he said this about any other boxer I would of spoken on it. What I don't like is no one says anything. The dude who gave the interview didn't even challenge him. It's like the senator who said nothing to a woman who said the president should be executed. When language like this becomes the norm, than we are in trouble. This was a classless statement and for a man to be head of a company who represents all nationalities should be a little more sensitive. The reason why Adolf was able to do what he did, because people didn't stand up to him. If we as a society let comments like this be the norm, then we lost. I am bugging about this is because my great dadwas lynched in Arkansas, as the story goes, no one did anything to stop it. They were upset that an innocent man died but they say fuck it. So when dumb ass fans start calling Floyd Hitler cause of Arum and shit gets ugly, I told you so. References like this do not belong in sports or society.

Not to mention that anything Arum says negatively about someone is the pot calling the kettle black, Robfather readily rapes his star pupils on their contracts taking a ridiculous 27%. If I was Floyd I retort that statement by making ROB Arum the equivalent of a Rapist, using the analogy and vernacular that sums up how he takes whatever he wants from his clientele.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 9 2014, 01:54 PM
Post #17

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 9 2014, 08:13 AM) *
Not to mention that anything Arum says negatively about someone is the pot calling the kettle black, Robfather readily rapes his star pupils on their contracts taking a ridiculous 27%. If I was Floyd I retort that statement by making ROB Arum the equivalent of a Rapist, using the analogy and vernacular that sums up how he takes whatever he wants from his clientele.

it is a lose lose situation. why waste the time.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 9 2014, 02:22 PM
Post #18

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 8 2014, 10:37 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif) I see what u did there lol

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 9 2014, 03:00 PM
Post #19

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Ironically, "Mayweather=Hitler" for Arum, is pretty much the equivalent to "slave wages=Arum/HBO contract" was to Floyd.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 9 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #20

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 9 2014, 08:46 AM) *

You probably wouldn't of made this thread if Floyd's name wasn't mentioned. And gtfo your feelings work because you clearly aren't looking at all the media outlets because there are many who have went on the offensive against Arum

True it was classless but this guy has said some of the most outlandish things in history of sports culture. He's a fool and it's unfortunate that people take him seriously and those who are defending his rhetoric are racists themselves. If you feel so strongly about it don't comment on a forum, since you want to stand up to him and this shit, maybe start a petition or something. That kind of speech has no place in the world period.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 05:46 AM