IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arum compares Floyd to Hitler.... Sad day, Everyone is okay with this?
mrchitown
post Feb 11 2014, 12:02 PM
Post #41

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 11 2014, 07:49 AM) *
I am sitting out on May 3rd if it is Khan. I'm not getting Pac and Bradley.

I'm not buying either one myself. I definitely won't support another TR card until they improve the overall production of the cards. They have the worse PPV cards in the history of the sport. And since Bradley didn't go for the better fights, I ain't watching him unless it's on a stream or free network TV
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 11 2014, 01:13 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 11 2014, 08:59 AM) *
I disagree with a huge chunk of this. Both camps have done and said silly shit to prevent the fight. To say Manny wants the fight and that's why he mentions Floyd is laughable, just like insinuating that Floyd doesn't want the fight is funny. In terms of PPV it's Mayweather, Manny, and Cotto. But in terms of Boxing, nobody in there right mind would put Manny anywhere near Andre or Bernard in terms of ranking...and I've always taken exception to Pacquiao getting fighter of the decade when it should've been Bernard who I will argue anyone on here to tell me why Manny won it over Bernard and even Floyd. We all have opinions but facts are both sides are full of shit and Manny is too, if he wanted to fight him then he would've stepped to his promoter and make it happen. And if Floyd wanted the fight then he would've sucked it up starched the guy already. The fight hadn't happened because of egos

History will look back on both men with tarnish in then somewhat if they don't fight, not just Mayweather. Yeah Floyd is the king of money but Manny's biggest and highest profile wins make him the king of selective matchmaking and catch weights. It's a two way street that some of yall are conveniently forgetting

In 09 was the best chance of the fight happening. It didn't happen, from then on out it has been an all out "who has the bigger dick" pissing contest. Both sides play a part but no way will I ever except, "Manny was always willing to fight Mayweather and Mayweather is afraid or never wanted the fight" logic. Nor will I except "Pacquiao doesn't have control of his career so he can't make the fight happen" logic. He for Juan 4 times so he has a damn say so. I honestly wish that both fighters will make a joint statement and ask the media to please stop asking us about this damn fight. It is becoming ridiculous now. Has been that way for awhile.

+Quote Post
pacco_diablo
post Feb 11 2014, 03:45 PM
Post #43

Featherweight

Member No.: 2,107

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 11 2014, 11:59 AM) *
I disagree with a huge chunk of this. Both camps have done and said silly shit to prevent the fight. To say Manny wants the fight and that's why he mentions Floyd is laughable, just like insinuating that Floyd doesn't want the fight is funny. In terms of PPV it's Mayweather, Manny, and Cotto. But in terms of Boxing, nobody in there right mind would put Manny anywhere near Andre or Bernard in terms of ranking...and I've always taken exception to Pacquiao getting fighter of the decade when it should've been Bernard who I will argue anyone on here to tell me why Manny won it over Bernard and even Floyd. We all have opinions but facts are both sides are full of shit and Manny is too, if he wanted to fight him then he would've stepped to his promoter and make it happen. And if Floyd wanted the fight then he would've sucked it up starched the guy already. The fight hadn't happened because of egos

History will look back on both men with tarnish in then somewhat if they don't fight, not just Mayweather. Yeah Floyd is the king of money but Manny's biggest and highest profile wins make him the king of selective matchmaking and catch weights. It's a two way street that some of yall are conveniently forgetting

I'm not going to pretend to know why the fight broke down the first time. I've read all the reasons from both sides as to why it didnt happen and it's easy to get caught up in that shit storm of trying to defend either one, which is pretty much what you eluded to and I agree. However, we live in the "what have you done for me lately," times, so I'm separating the old saga from the new. The new saga being what happens from now until the end of 15 when Mayweather retires.

I still stand by my belief that it would be the fight that would win the "who do you want to watch" poll. What bothers me the most is that Floyd has pretty much already said, and recently, that he isnt going to fight Manny because of X,Y and Z reasons. That almost makes it seem like he believes that he's bigger than the game. Then to say, "Hey, I'm going to let my fans choose my next opponent, but between these two guys" is like false interactivity. It's hard to say that Floyd wouldnt be responsible for the fight not happening now. He has all the chips and he's playing puppet master.

I will admit that I'm probably ahead of myself because of my assumption that Manny is going to beat Bradley. So despite the angst by many on the subject matter, we will more than likely be seeing a more revved up version next month through May, right into the September sweepstakes.

On the post topic though, I don't believe that you can gain recognition or notoriety by just saying someones name or calling them out. It's a part of the boxing game that nearly every fighter participates in.

In regard to Hopkins, I love him. I love what he's done and who he is. I think his faults over the 2000's though are similar to the catch weight issues that you brought up. De La Hoya and Winky Wright were both "huge" PPVs (relatively speaking) and they were both smaller guys. Tarver & the beating he put on Pavlik were extremely impressive but Taylor kept him out of the running for me. Now Mayweather is a different story but the decision probably came in the middle of the shit storm between he and Pac, on the wrong day.

This post has been edited by pacco_diablo: Feb 11 2014, 03:47 PM

+Quote Post
Rumpoffsteelskin
post Feb 11 2014, 05:09 PM
Post #44

Amateur

Member No.: 14,125

All I know is the the 2 times the fight was closest to being made, it was Arum and Pac that walked away. The first time it was testing (and Manny just tested his first fight a few months ago). The second time there wasn't even a contract, just Manny and Arum calling for a fight when they thought Mayweather was going to be in jail. Floyd got his report date pushed back and all of a sudden Manny's cut would not be healed in time and besides they needed an outdoor stadium.

Don't get me wrong, Floyd's antics have not been any better to stomach, but they just have not come with a real possibility of a fight being made as Arum's and Pac's have.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Feb 11 2014, 08:25 PM
Post #45

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 8 2014, 01:20 PM) *
Floyds not in any hurry to bail Manny out of his tax issues nor should he. Manny turned down Floyds offer when at the time nobody was offering up 40 mil guaranteed. So if I was Floyd Id let that fool starve.

So as a boxing fan you'd like to see Floyd fight Amir Khan/Maidana over Pacquiao? Or like the fights with Guerrero/Ortiz/Cotto over Pacquiao?

I call bullshit.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 11 2014, 08:31 PM
Post #46

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 11 2014, 06:25 PM) *
So as a boxing fan you'd like to see Floyd fight Amir Khan/Maidana over Pacquiao? Or like the fights with Guerrero/Ortiz/Cotto over Pacquiao?

I call bullshit.

I enjoyed the Ortiz and Cotto fight.

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Feb 11 2014, 08:33 PM
Post #47

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 11 2014, 08:31 PM) *
I enjoyed the Ortiz and Cotto fight.

Cotto fight was great.

Ortiz is a bum.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 12 2014, 11:39 AM
Post #48

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 11 2014, 08:25 PM) *

I call bullshit.

i'll see how pac looks against tim in the rematch, but honestly i think he's so far gone from his former self that the match-up with floyd isn't even that appealing anymore. i still think there are exciting opponents for floyd including danny garcia and hopefully either thurman or porter. each of these fights pose the same risk (maybe even more) to floyd's "0" than a fight with pacquiao at this point.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 12 2014, 05:13 PM
Post #49

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (pacco_diablo @ Feb 11 2014, 02:45 PM) *
I'm not going to pretend to know why the fight broke down the first time. I've read all the reasons from both sides as to why it didnt happen and it's easy to get caught up in that shit storm of trying to defend either one, which is pretty much what you eluded to and I agree. However, we live in the "what have you done for me lately," times, so I'm separating the old saga from the new. The new saga being what happens from now until the end of 15 when Mayweather retires.

I still stand by my belief that it would be the fight that would win the "who do you want to watch" poll. What bothers me the most is that Floyd has pretty much already said, and recently, that he isnt going to fight Manny because of X,Y and Z reasons. That almost makes it seem like he believes that he's bigger than the game. Then to say, "Hey, I'm going to let my fans choose my next opponent, but between these two guys" is like false interactivity. It's hard to say that Floyd wouldnt be responsible for the fight not happening now. He has all the chips and he's playing puppet master.

I will admit that I'm probably ahead of myself because of my assumption that Manny is going to beat Bradley. So despite the angst by many on the subject matter, we will more than likely be seeing a more revved up version next month through May, right into the September sweepstakes.

On the post topic though, I don't believe that you can gain recognition or notoriety by just saying someones name or calling them out. It's a part of the boxing game that nearly every fighter participates in.

In regard to Hopkins, I love him. I love what he's done and who he is. I think his faults over the 2000's though are similar to the catch weight issues that you brought up. De La Hoya and Winky Wright were both "huge" PPVs (relatively speaking) and they were both smaller guys. Tarver & the beating he put on Pavlik were extremely impressive but Taylor kept him out of the running for me. Now Mayweather is a different story but the decision probably came in the middle of the shit storm between he and Pac, on the wrong day.

I know it would, but this fight is like a gallon of milk, the expiration date has passed on it. Now by no means would I not attend or purchase the fight if it happened but as far as relevance to their legacies and the history of boxing...it ain't shit. The fight now won't do much except provide some of us with the "I told you so" argument

I don't care whose responsible for what, when, and how, and now. It doesn't change the facts that both sides are full of shit and neither really want the fight. Could've happened many times before but both sides let foolish things get in the way. Sure Mayweather holds all the chips, Manny is a former shell of himself but he's full of shit too. His line is open 24/7 but yet when he got the call he said 50/50 which he didn't deserve and handed the phone back to the snake Koncz, Manny is weak. If Mayweather is the puppetmaster then Manny is the perfect puppet. I know newborns who make better decisions then him. I place the blame equally on all sides, no one can sell me on the fact that Mayweather is the cause now just because history has proven wrong...when they(TR) got called on their bluff 2 times, the only 2 times the fight was negotiated, THEY walked away. I personally don't give a shit what Mayweather has to say about Manny and I don't give a shit what Manny has to say about Floyd because it's all bullshit, ain't nobody lacing em up

I'm just going to say what I thought when I heard Pacquiao won fighter of the decade, it was a popularity contest...when taking into consideration resume, wins and a few other factors, Manny doesn't stand up to Floyd's and Bernard's resume, not then and not now. I personally thought it should've gone to Hopkins but he's not popular because of things he says and does...Pacquiao was the media darling around the time he won it. I mean look at it, Roach won trainer of the year last year from the boxing writers association...You got to be kidding me, why not Floyd Sr or Joel Diaz or Angel Garcia...it's bullshit

But back to the fight between Floyd and Manny, neither are in fear of the other, it's just egos are in the way. Both have stipulations and every time you hear about it, it's something new. Maybe we'll see it maybe we won't, but whether it happens or not I could care less. I just don't think we can accurately say one side is more to blame then the other

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 12 2014, 05:17 PM
Post #50

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 11 2014, 12:13 PM) *
In 09 was the best chance of the fight happening. It didn't happen, from then on out it has been an all out "who has the bigger dick" pissing contest. Both sides play a part but no way will I ever except, "Manny was always willing to fight Mayweather and Mayweather is afraid or never wanted the fight" logic. Nor will I except "Pacquiao doesn't have control of his career so he can't make the fight happen" logic. He for Juan 4 times so he has a damn say so. I honestly wish that both fighters will make a joint statement and ask the media to please stop asking us about this damn fight. It is becoming ridiculous now. Has been that way for awhile.

The expiration date has passed on this fight, I've been over it since 2012, which is when I believed it had no more relevance...you don't let a fight sit that long and expect it to be a great one. I except neither logic myself, I just believe it's equal blame on both sides and that both sides have egos that prevented it from happening.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 06:49 PM