IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Justin "Mayweather" Jones (Floyd's lil' bro)
BoxingFan86
post Feb 9 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #1

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,445

Aye, Ben... Have you guys thought about interviewin' this guy lately? I asked this question, 'cause Chris Robinson (Hustle Boss) has footage of the guy trainin' out of Mayweather's gym in Vegas with his dad. Since Sr. is trainin' him, I'd like to hear how the progress is comin' along.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 9 2014, 08:27 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Feb 9 2014, 11:29 AM) *
Aye, Ben... Have you guys thought about interviewin' this guy lately? I asked this question, 'cause Chris Robinson (Hustle Boss) has footage of the guy trainin' out of Mayweather's gym in Vegas with his dad. Since Sr. is trainin' him, I'd like to hear how the progress is comin' along.

Dude got the right genes/pedigree and if he takes to his training as well as Jr did then we'll see the dawning of a new era.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Feb 10 2014, 11:24 AM
Post #3

Featherweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Feb 9 2014, 08:27 PM) *
Dude got the right genes/pedigree and if he takes to his training as well as Jr did then we'll see the dawning of a new era.

This is the same thing I was thinkin', but there's only 1 thing that worries me...his lifestyle (i.e.think Broner). I don't think he as dedicated as he should be. Goin' by the interviews and videos on his Youtube page, I've come to the conclusion that music is his 1st love. That's where his passion is. Personally, I believe boxin' is more like a hobby to him, even though he's a professional.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Feb 10 2014, 12:04 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 10 2014, 12:01 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

We wont see another Floyd for a while...even IF his last name is Mayweather. All of the past greats had children who tried to follow in their footsteps...didn't work out so well. Thing is, those past ATGs struggled in life, and boxing was their only way to fight through it. I doubt if a little brother, or half brother has what it takes to make history...

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Feb 10 2014, 12:16 PM
Post #5

Featherweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 10 2014, 12:01 PM) *
We wont see another Floyd for a while...even IF his last name is Mayweather. All of the past greats had children who tried to follow in their footsteps...didn't work out so well. Thing is, those past ATGs struggled in life, and boxing was their only way to fight through it. I doubt if a little brother, or half brother has what it takes to make history...

I agree, but I still want to see if the kid has potential. Maybe Floyd Jr. will throw Justin in the dog house if he's at the gym durin' Floyd's next trainin' camp.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 10 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Feb 10 2014, 12:16 PM) *
I agree, but I still want to see if the kid has potential. Maybe Floyd Jr. will throw Justin in the dog house if he's at the gym durin' Floyd's next trainin' camp.

The sad thing is, this dude is gonna have a shitload of pressure on him. Looks like he's already had one pro fight, but as soon as anyone finds out that he has any relation to the Mayweathers...those silly expectations from fans are gonna surface. He's probably already been in the dog house though, lol.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Feb 10 2014, 12:57 PM
Post #7

Featherweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 10 2014, 12:38 PM) *
The sad thing is, this dude is gonna have a shitload of pressure on him. Looks like he's already had one pro fight, but as soon as anyone finds out that he has any relation to the Mayweathers...those silly expectations from fans are gonna surface. He's probably already been in the dog house though, lol.

He probably has, but I bet the atmosphere wasn't anything like how it'd be durin' 1 of Floyd's trainin' camps (i.e. packed gym, cameras, shit-talkin', beatin' on the ring, etc...), kinda like how the atmosphere was when Broner got thrown into the dog house.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Feb 10 2014, 12:58 PM

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 11 2014, 02:48 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

From watching the clips of him on YouTube, his development level is below par at this stage. I'm assuming he was a late bloome. I would bet money that his career will not be half as successful as Floyd, Roger or Floyd Sr. He may be a Mayweather, but he fights like a Jones

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 11 2014, 03:21 PM
Post #9

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Feb 10 2014, 09:24 AM) *
This is the same thing I was thinkin', but there's only 1 thing that worries me...his lifestyle (i.e.think Broner). I don't think he as dedicated as he should be. Goin' by the interviews and videos on his Youtube page, I've come to the conclusion that music is his 1st love. That's where his passion is. Personally, I believe boxin' is more like a hobby to him, even though he's a professional.

Another Mikey Garcia

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 10 2014, 10:01 AM) *

Can't teach virtue.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 11 2014, 03:23 PM
Post #10

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

he gets KOed. roger got koed, floyd sr got koed. just cause hes a mayweather dont mean anything. if it wasnt for floyd jr we wouldnt even know the mayweather name. dont buy into the hype. look what happen to mickey bey and j love. i think he gets his ass kicked. pedigree dont mean shit in reality. look at cory spinks. won the 147 titles when there were bums in the division, then he went up in competition and got waxed. look at marvis frazier, got waxed by holmes and tyson. good luck to him though.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 10:24 PM