IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> arum on gamboa vs garcia, hbo the hold up?
AZWildCat
post Feb 10 2014, 12:38 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/02/arum-s...g-up-the-money/

Top snake and rob arum at it again now the delay to gamboa vs Garcia is HBO putting the money up for the fight Really I wanted to see Mikey fight
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ryustuh
post Feb 10 2014, 01:17 PM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

after seeing hbo chop down rigo for his "unappealing" style, i could see them doing the same to mikey especially after his "lackluster" performance against burgos. not enough of a push from the majority of fans to see these two. the masses would rather watch a ggg KO artist against no namers, and i'm pretty sure hbo is regretting not airing gennady's last fight given the amount of attention it got.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Feb 10 2014, 01:27 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 10 2014, 06:04 PM
Post #3

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 10 2014, 12:17 PM) *
after seeing hbo chop down rigo for his "unappealing" style, i could see them doing the same to mikey especially after his "lackluster" performance against burgos. not enough of a push from the majority of fans to see these two. the masses would rather watch a ggg KO artist against no namers, and i'm pretty sure hbo is regretting not airing gennady's last fight given the amount of attention it got.

Very possible,

However, do you think HBO would shit on Garcia quite that fast? They still see him as a money maker. Garcia-Gamboa will be a good to great fight!

Jack

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 08:47 AM