> Will Golovkin fight Lara?
Dolimite
post Feb 11 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (philly31 @ Feb 11 2014, 07:06 AM) *
Has nothing to do with the cold war. GGG is with K2 and they have no problem with Golden Boy, so theoretically the fight could happen off tv somewhere overseas (because GGG couldn't fight on Showtime and Lara couldn't be on HBO). But I doubt the fight will happen because GGG has other options, like Andy Lee, Sergio Martinez and even Kirkland. Why would he slight HBO for a so-so payday and limited exposure against a threat like Lara? I want to see Lara on Mayweather's undercard against Ishe or Andrade.

Golovkin is already getting so so money, the hype behind is what msking HBO money. His opponents don't justify a big pay day.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 11 2014, 01:20 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

http://www.boxingscene.com/wards-trainer-g...h-league--74552

I love Virgil!

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Feb 11 2014, 01:58 PM
Post #13

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

GGG should go for it, it would be his best win yet if he beats Lara. In most peoples minds Lara is #2 guy behind Floyd at Jr. middle so instead of fighting a guy who hasn't had a noticeable win in a while in Lee he should take the challenge from Lara.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 11 2014, 03:18 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

this shit aint gonna happen. lara has fought at 154 hole career and ggg 160 whole career. lara is not the draw here and ggg barely is at this point. nobody but us wants to see this fight so its not gonna happen. too bad i would love to see ggg walk through laras shots like a swarm of nats

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 11 2014, 04:00 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 11 2014, 01:18 PM) *
this shit aint gonna happen. lara has fought at 154 hole career and ggg 160 whole career. lara is not the draw here and ggg barely is at this point. nobody but us wants to see this fight so its not gonna happen. too bad i would love to see ggg walk through laras shots like a swarm of nats

You stay popping pills, especially with that quote! And Golovkin has yet to fight anyone worth a damn at least Lara has name recognition.

+Quote Post
Rumpoffsteelskin
post Feb 11 2014, 04:58 PM
Post #16

Amateur

Member No.: 14,125

I have mad respect for GGG and wont miss any fight he is in if I can help it. That being said, Virgil Hunter has a great point. GGG has yet to prove he can be the same "good boy" against A level talent. For a guy campaigning on the premise that he will fight anyone from "154 to 175" this makes at least the third or fourth time he has been unequivocally called out yet all he returns is crickets. Ward and Froch said anytime, BHop said let's do it, and now Lara.

And yes, GGG should fight them at their weights...he is the one who says he can not the other way around.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 11 2014, 06:07 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 11 2014, 09:00 PM) *
[/b]
You stay popping pills, especially with that quote! And Golovkin has yet to fight anyone worth a damn at least Lara has name recognition.

Well its not impossible, Stevenson is one hell of a puncher and didn't faze GGG, and Lara was put down by Angulo. I swear the Lara fanboyism on this forum is on another level. We get it, he's can box, now stop trying to shove him down our throat like he's the end all be all to anything.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 11 2014, 07:57 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

GGG is with HBO and Lara is with GBP. I also don't see why Lara should leave 154 to move to 160 and there is no chance GGG even does a catch-weight fight. There just isn't any money in it. No, this fight won't happen.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 11 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

HBO has rights on GGG. He isn't fighting on Showtime unless HBO allows it. Sorry.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 11 2014, 10:06 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 11 2014, 04:00 PM) *
[/b]

Call em like you see em bra
QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 11 2014, 06:07 PM) *
Well its not impossible, Stevenson is one hell of a puncher and didn't faze GGG, and Lara was put down by Angulo. I swear the Lara fanboyism on this forum is on another level. We get it, he's can box, now stop trying to shove him down our throat like he's the end all be all to anything.

Here we go again...

QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 11 2014, 07:59 PM) *
HBO has rights on GGG. He isn't fighting on Showtime unless HBO allows it. Sorry.

exactly.. ggg is making good money and without the risky-est of opponents. Don't see him changing that, just look at how he handled the ward situation, and the froch situation.. and the dirrell brothers situation after "the most ducked fighter in the sport" called everyone out all the way to 168

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 05:21 AM