IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

37 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2014 Saturday Night/Sig Bet Standings (Updates-See Page 1-Post 1), All predictions will be tallied up until years end.
TheCritics
post Jun 4 2014, 01:31 PM
Post #261

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,114

I'm in... taking Lara and Sergio against any "El Angel" bulge enthusiasts
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Jun 4 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #262

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

I'm taking Sergio Martinez by TKO in 10.
I'm taking Canelo Alvarez by (controversial) split decision. Ain't no way GBP loses it's cash cow and a majoriTY of their fighters in a month.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jun 4 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #263

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

im going canelo tko stoppage and sergio UD.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jun 6 2014, 04:25 PM
Post #264

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Centeno Jr, Gomez, Gauseha by UD tonight. And Yudell Johnson by ko tonight

Martinez by KO in the later rds tomorrow night

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Jun 6 2014, 04:25 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 6 2014, 09:59 PM
Post #265

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jun 6 2014, 05:25 PM) *
Centeno Jr, Gomez, Gauseha by UD tonight. And Yudell Johnson by ko tonight

Martinez by KO in the later rds tomorrow night

Gomez didn't look good tonight, and that NY temperament is gonna be his downfall. When things aren't going his way, he gets frustrated and complains. Santana worked a lot more than he did, but Gomez landed the cleaner blows in the early rounds.

96 - 94
97 - 93
98 - 92

All in favor of Santana...

Gomez didn't do enough in Cali, but as the commentators also mentioned, that 98-92 card wasn't great at all. I can live with the 96-94, but it wasn't that damn wide....

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jun 6 2014, 10:47 PM
Post #266

Lightweight

i think sergio will win, but i wont be suprised if cotto beats him and fights a mayweather-esque performance. martinez is just a slower bigger target with more power and less ability.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jun 6 2014, 10:58 PM
Post #267

Lightweight

i picked cotto to win this fight back when it was announced, my perception always warps during fight week, so i may switch back to my original stance and pick cotto by UD. cotto doesnt seem to have the ability and drive to win a UD anymore. i dont kno if it is lack of heart, lack of will to win, or old age. im hoping this is enough motivation for him to bank rounds and fight a smart, controlled fight with smart pressure and high work rate, controlling the ring, cornering martinez, and punching his way in with that signature strong jab of his. with sergios hands down like mayweather in their fight, cotto will have experience needed in fighting this type of fight. he has already been in a fight with a ballerina boxer in floyd, and he as able to make mayweather fight, and kept him from running around the ring. he will also do this with martinez, especially with martinez bad knee. he has experence with the trout fight which was a close fight i thought that trout edged him in with a higher activity level. i think cotto with roach is too much for a trout now days. i think that mean left hook that punished delvin will make its ay back into cottos arsenal and hit sergio clean on the chin throughout the fight.

the mayweather and trout fights are great fights to prepare him for this. if he could stand in there toe to toe with a big dude like trout and margarito, which is the same size as sergio, then hell be able to hang with sergio, expect hell be much lighter on his feet, and his hand speed ill be much greater than a standard middleweight, much like floyd when he fought at 154. cotto's footwork and lateral movement along with his rhythm will make it difficult for martinez to figure him out and catch him clean. cotto's defense is always up, like a veteran. now his offense is at 100% deadly with roach, but even with all that,

?????????MIGUEL COTTO IS STILL A GIANT QUESTION MARK!!!!!!!!????????

we have no idea how hes gonna fight and if he will be competitive or not, he may even get KTFO in the first 3 rounds. there is just so many variables going into this fight which makes it so dramatic and awesome! this is such a great fight for boxing!

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jun 6 2014, 11:01 PM
Post #268

Lightweight

winner of cotto vs martinez fights canelo vs lara winner..... imagine canelo vs cotto, or martinez vs lara, martinez vs canelo, or my personal fav, cotto vs lara!

edit: if they were to fight, id pick:

martinez vs lara= martinez UD
martinez vs canelo = canelo TKO
cotto vs canelo = canelo SD/UD
cotto vs lara = lara UD
cotto vs martinez = cotto UD
canelo vs lara = canelo KO

This post has been edited by klonopinz: Jun 6 2014, 11:05 PM

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Jun 6 2014, 11:10 PM
Post #269

Lightweight

id love to see quillen and andrade in the mix too. i really want cotto to move down to 154 and win that wbo strap off of boo boo andrade, thats the perfect belt for cotto, its over at hbo, and andrade is ripe for the KTFO. i bveleive coto ko's andrade, he too young still. peter quillen vs sergio martinez, or canelo vs quillen at 160. also quillen vs cotto. id love to see frpch vs martinez or ward vs martinez if maravilla KOs cotto like he did in moist of his famous 11th round knockouts of old 2010. if sergio wins by kncokout hell get a mayweather fight offered to him dont you think so? especially if cotto (mrchitown is gonna cringe when i say this) if cotto EXPOSES sergio martinez even in a loss and makes him look beatable to floyds team or floyd himself if he sees the fight hich ofcourse he will, the inner of this fight is his best opponent for sept 13.

im curious as to where GGG fits into tbhis equation if martinez wins, becuz hell want a mayweather fight, however if floyd dont ant that cuz his size is too big, even tho it makes so much money, then id see HBO getting there panties wet thinking about GGG-Maravilla and they wont fuck this fight up like they did kovalev and stevenson. they lost that 175 superfight out of lack of aggression to make the fight ASAP and they lost the drive to lock it in in paper, and the guy was gone when they came to their senses. then again, its HBO and they are just plain old STUPID.

This post has been edited by klonopinz: Jun 6 2014, 11:13 PM

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jun 7 2014, 12:01 AM
Post #270

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Cotto over Martinez ko
Lee over Jackson SD
Vasquez Jr over sonsona md
Melendez over maciel ud
Price over zavorotynyi ko
De Leon over Roman ko
Butler over hall ud
Canelo over Lara ko

+Quote Post

37 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 11:04 PM