Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Better resume: Pacman or Juan Manuel?
Dolimite
post Feb 17 2014, 06:49 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Looking over their careers especially early in their careers Juan has more notable fighters. Pac has fought Erik Morales 3 times, Juan 4, MAB twice, and now he will be fighting Tim for the second time. Juan has beaten some Mexican warriors but he has also lost to people he had no business losing to, Chris John and in my opinion he should of beaten Freddie Norwood. Yes the ref missed the knockdown when his glove touched, and with the second knockdown should squared that fight. I think he overlooked Norwood.

What do ya'll say?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Feb 17 2014, 08:40 PM
Post #2

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

One could make the argument about catch weights but one guy has beaten more world champions than the other. Notably going off how many top ten fighters they've managed to beat each I would say by far Pacquaio's resume is more impressive. With that said I think it took Marquez a long time to be able to get fights he wanted, perhaps it would've been a different result at this point of their careers. Had Marquez perhaps had better handlers, hadn't been such a d*ck to fellow mexican boxers I think his career would've blossomed into more than it's become. While alot of people made peace with him after his KO of Pacquaio many of those same people had long standing feuds with Marquez and who knows how that has played against him career wise.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 17 2014, 09:55 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'd say Pacquiao. But their careers are total opposites of each other. both legends though

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 18 2014, 01:35 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Marquez is very underrated in my opinion. On paper though pac has a hefty lead

+Quote Post
BmoreBadBoy
post Feb 18 2014, 08:07 AM
Post #5

Amateur

Member No.: 14,130

For real? This shouldn't even be a topic for debate... It's Pac-Man not by just a little
But by a long shot!!! Only reason this is a debate is because Marquez landed a punch from the depths of hell &
Had the body of Hercules himself.. I'm not saying he was but with the addition of Memo in his corner & a history of being caught giving athelete's steroids one has to wonder was that a legit win? At least in my eyes it is..still Pac's career over shadows Marquez by a land slide!!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 18 2014, 09:02 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

By paper Pac, style simply allowed him to do more, look at the triangle theory, Marquez beats Pac, Pac unofficially beats Bradley, Bradley beats Marquez. Realistically Pac and Marquez aren't far off each other, they could probably fight a lot and it would come out pretty even.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 18 2014, 12:08 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 17 2014, 07:55 PM) *
I'd say Pacquiao. But their careers are total opposites of each other. both legends though

Agreed. I think if Juan had the same push Pac got it would be different.

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 17 2014, 11:35 PM) *
Marquez is very underrated in my opinion. On paper though pac has a hefty lead

The rematches in Pac's career gives me room to hesitate. Some of those rematches he should of lost.
QUOTE (BmoreBadBoy @ Feb 18 2014, 06:07 AM) *
For real? This shouldn't even be a topic for debate... It's Pac-Man not by just a little
But by a long shot!!! Only reason this is a debate is because Marquez landed a punch from the depths of hell &
Had the body of Hercules himself.. I'm not saying he was but with the addition of Memo in his corner & a history of being caught giving athelete's steroids one has to wonder was that a legit win? At least in my eyes it is..still Pac's career over shadows Marquez by a land slide!!

Juan never tested positive. It is not hard to gain muscle mass. What is more suspect, A guy who moves up in weight, keeps his power and speed, which has never been done in the history of boxing and someone who flat out refused to take a drug test, gave a million reasons why he couldn't give blood or someone who gained muscle mass?

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Feb 18 2014, 01:40 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 18 2014, 01:17 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I gotta give Manny the edge. While I feel Marquez won 3 of the 4 Pacquiao fights, Marquez also has some bad losses.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Feb 18 2014, 04:12 PM
Post #9

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Manny by a long shot, his "unofficial" win over Bradley puts him over Marquez even more. Not to mention he's fought half of everyone I wanted to see in the ring with him. I have no doubt in my mind Marquez's worst loss in his career against Mayweather is noy as bad as Pacquiao's worst loss....Thee KO of The Modern Century to Juan.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 18 2014, 04:16 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

See I never got why Marquez never fought MAB or Erik Morales

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 04:00 PM