> Better resume: Pacman or Juan Manuel?
KOpower
post Mar 7 2014, 11:30 AM
Post #41

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 6 2014, 11:15 PM) *
Who are you addressing with this?? An argument can certainly be made by some that he could very well be chicken, I mean look at the excuses he gave:

Afraid of needles
Having blood drawn weakens him
Needed an additional 16,000 seats before he could fight
Said he had a cut over the eye that took 6 months to heal (never happened in boxing before)
Bob Arum said "in good conscience he won't leave 40 million dollars on the table (isn't that how much Floyd offered him)??

There are a slew of others but I won't bother to list them that others may use as indicators in their argument for him being chicken.

I was addressing it to you.

Those arguments are fine. The pro-Pac crowd would make similar arguments for why Floyd is a chicken. It is meaningless talk to me as I am right in the middle of that argument. I think BOTH sides are to blame. I also think Pac is a legend and will go down as one of the greatest fighters of my generation. You think his entire career is a fraud. It is what it is.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 7 2014, 11:32 AM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (KOpower @ Mar 7 2014, 04:30 PM) *

Those arguments are fine. The pro-Pac crowd would make similar arguments for why Floyd is a chicken. It is meaningless talk to me as I am right in the middle of that argument. I think BOTH sides are to blame. I also think Pac is a legend and will go down as one of the greatest fighters of my generation. You think his entire career is a fraud. It is what it is.

this pretty much states it all tbf

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 7 2014, 11:37 AM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 7 2014, 03:25 PM) *
Ask yourself; would you give 50% of your money to someone who hasn't contributed as much as you? The extra testing isn't extra when we know that people are cheating not only in this sport but in nearly all sports, not sure why you have a problem with that.

Leave the Promoter-sure, would you give Arum a chance to make money off of you when he still owes you $750,000?
I never heard of leaving the network, unless you are referring to the war between Showtime and HBO for which Mayweather has a 6 fight contract with and Manny who has no Network Contract (means he can leave at anytime).
Floyd isn't just a boxer, he is also a Promoter so it's not a surprise that he would try to recruit one of the most exciting fighters in the sport but that doesn't add up to ducking, that adds up to trying to put money into Manny's pocket.

Manny owes taxes, Floyd doesn't and I'm not sure why you made that as a reason to indicate whether or not someone is ducking, if anything Manny should've been breaking his neck and willing to do damn near anything to make that money so he can pay off the IRS to get out of his anus.

Nothing you stated can be construed as ducking unless you're just a simpleminded PacTURD then I could understand why one would think that it is.

Because at Cotto time, they were pretty even in terms of PPV and what not, and also with the testing, at the Cotto fight time, it was unheard of. If you asked someone to take extra testing it was because you thought they cheated, matter of pride.

Then tough, deal with it, and realistically Arum makes his money off Pac not Floyd so either way he makes money.

Recruit Manny and do what? Line his own pockets obviously, keeps the fight inhouse then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Floyd stated that Manny needs to deal with tax problems and not him, so Pac says lets fight for charity, while clearly its not a business smart move, it does also mean that Pac isn't as broke as we think.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 7 2014, 06:30 PM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 7 2014, 08:37 AM) *
Because at Cotto time, they were pretty even in terms of PPV and what not, and also with the testing, at the Cotto fight time, it was unheard of. If you asked someone to take extra testing it was because you thought they cheated, matter of pride.

Then tough, deal with it, and realistically Arum makes his money off Pac not Floyd so either way he makes money.

Recruit Manny and do what? Line his own pockets obviously, keeps the fight inhouse then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Floyd stated that Manny needs to deal with tax problems and not him, so Pac says lets fight for charity, while clearly its not a business smart move, it does also mean that Pac isn't as broke as we think.

Which is why he is broke, I asked Ben about his tax issues and he said they were serious.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 7 2014, 07:01 PM
Post #45

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 7 2014, 11:30 PM) *
Which is why he is broke, I asked Ben about his tax issues and he said they were serious.

we'll see how it plays out

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 7 2014, 07:50 PM
Post #46

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (KOpower @ Mar 7 2014, 10:30 AM) *

Remind me of where and when I stated this, please?? We're all waiting..................

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 7 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #47

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 7 2014, 10:37 AM) *

Allow me to go backwards on this BS; First of all anyone and I mean absolutely ANYONE who believes that Manny (who is in rough dealings the IRS) would fight for Charity is a total F*CKING IDIOT!!!

Recruit Manny by not robbing him of 27% of his purse everytime he fights like Arum does. You still avoided the question about "would you fight for or against Arum if he owes you $750,000)?? Can't answer that huh? I bet you're the kind of person who wouldn't even speak to a person who owed you 50 cent until they paid you, lol.

I'll await for you to show us when Floyd and Manny were ever even in terms of PPV, please show us the numbers, we're waiting.......................................

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Mar 7 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #48

Lightweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 7 2014, 07:50 PM) *
Remind me of where and when I stated this, please?? We're all waiting..................

You essentially run down the list of Manny's big wins and throw an * next to ALL of them and NOW you are going to say you didn't do it? Come on man, have an opinion and stick with it.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 7 2014, 11:20 PM
Post #49

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Mar 7 2014, 08:09 PM) *
You essentially run down the list of Manny's big wins and throw an * next to ALL of them and NOW you are going to say you didn't do it? Come on man, have an opinion and stick with it.

I have an opinion but I've never questioned ALL of his wins only his wins since his rematch vs Morales because that's when Ariza joined the team and now we have Freddie Roach who openly admitted that he (Alex Ariza) was giving Manny these "SPECIAL SHAKES" that dates back and coincides with his winning streak.

Get angry all you want if I don't go along with your Hero worship of Pacquiao but I'm just constructing a timeline based on the information that Freddie Roach provided along with Manny's crying about being afraid of needles and whining about how having blood drawn weakens him. It should be pretty obvious to draw a conclusion from that alone but I know some people aren't intelligent enough to decipher that code/read between the lines.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Mar 8 2014, 12:42 AM
Post #50

Lightweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 7 2014, 11:20 PM) *
I have an opinion but I've never questioned ALL of his wins only his wins since his rematch vs Morales because that's when Ariza joined the team and now we have Freddie Roach who openly admitted that he (Alex Ariza) was giving Manny these "SPECIAL SHAKES" that dates back and coincides with his winning streak.

Get angry all you want if I don't go along with your Hero worship of Pacquiao but I'm just constructing a timeline based on the information that Freddie Roach provided along with Manny's crying about being afraid of needles and whining about how having blood drawn weakens him. It should be pretty obvious to draw a conclusion from that alone but I know some people aren't intelligent enough to decipher that code/read between the lines.

Man, if you put an * after all of his fights since the Morales rematch then you leave Manny with nothing except the first MAB. You already said JMM schooled Pac in the first fight, so even that draw has an * next to it. That means you think he is a complete fraud. It is what it is and post after post you rip Manny so don't try to back out of it now.

See, and there you go with the hero talk. Pac is not my hero. Not at all. The problem is that you are clearly a Mayweather fanboy and you Mayweather fanboys can't talk reasonably about Manny b/c to you guys it is an "us or them" mindset. You can't wrap your mind around a world where BOTH fighters are great....where BOTH fighters are legends....and where BOTH fighters are at fault for not making the fight happen. You are the exact same person as the "Pac-tards" you blast earlier in this thread, except you are on the "Money Team".

Like I said before, you are entitled to your opinion. You really are. I am entitled to mine and to me both fighters are great, both fighters are legends, and both fighters are to blame for the fight not happening. I also think Mayweather wins a UD if they fight but I have always thought Manny is easily Floyd's toughest challenge in the 140-147 pound weight class over the last 7-10 years. It is a real shame that they couldn't make the fight and it impacts the legacy of BOTH fighters. That is my opinion. Yours is that Mayweather=amazing, Manny=average fighter that has the world fooled, and Manny/Arum are 100% responsible for the fight not happening with Floyd handling everything brilliantly.

I got this thing figured out quite well.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 06:07 PM