IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adonis Signs with Al Haymon, (Topics Merged)
mrchitown
post Feb 20 2014, 09:28 AM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 19 2014, 09:03 PM) *
How is he going to take care of Stevenson right now though? To me it just seems like Stevenson is paying Haymon for...what, exactly? Just to have one of those twins walk him to the ring? Haymon has no pull when it comes to HBO and that is who Stevenson is signed to. There is no threat of taking Adonis to Showtime anytime soon, so where does Haymon's value come into play? Haymon does a good job when it comes to getting his fighters soft touches, but he can't do that to HBO because HBO will tell him to piss off. HBO won't scratch Al's back because he doesn't have many HBO fighters to use as leverage. At Showtime, he has that leverage. Paulie signing with Al was a good move. Lucas signing with Al was a good move. Adonis? Not so much.

Stevenson should have hired Al a few months before the last fight of his HBO deal. That would give him good leverage.

I think your underestimating what Haymon brings to the table a bit here. Those soft touches you speak of were in HBO when another guy was running the show. What soft touches have we seen from Haymon fighters recently? Broner-Maidana, 2 fighters he managed wasn't a shot touch. Matthysse-Garcia another 2 he has wasn't a soft touch. Paulie signed with him and got a fight with Zab and is lined up for bigger things, that's not a soft touch. I can go on and on about the last few yrs of what Haymon has done to dispel this soft touch notion...and Stevenson has leverage mow with Haymon in his corner. let's be real we're not talking about some hack manager like a J Prince who does nothing. You really think if HBO don't wanna play ball that Haymon won't just cut the cord on them dudes. HBO has NO leverage because they need Adonis more then he needs them

HBO has more subscribers therefore their winning the ratings race but anyone can see that the best fights are all at Showtime. And it's only a 3 fight deal and we don't know if that is already including his last fight or just starting. Haymon, and you can ask anybody who is in the sport or who writes about the sport is the most powerful guy in boxing and you think he has no power over HBO? I disagree with that because he himself he's more powerful than the network

Haymon gets shit done, HBO will either have to accept the fact that Haymon is back or release Stevenson from the fight deal, as if Haymon would care if they did lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 20 2014, 10:46 AM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

According to Stevenson's promoter, there is no fight deal with HBO.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Feb 20 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #13

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

adding Haymon only guarantees he'll get 2.3M Berto type money when he faces Kovalev... I don't buy the automatic "duck" rhetoric like some

get your money Adonis

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 20 2014, 06:13 PM
Post #14

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

wtf Berto is getting 2.3M when he fights?...The last dude he beat was collazo like when i was still in highschool.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 20 2014, 07:24 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

silly, gets 2.3 million for a fight. hes 30, if he invested that properly be set for life

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 20 2014, 09:07 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 20 2014, 05:13 PM) *
wtf Berto is getting 2.3M when he fights?...The last dude he beat was collazo like when i was still in highschool.

Haymon gets his fighters paid. Gotta love that about him

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 20 2014, 11:33 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Not sure if Andre Berto cracks this 2.3M every time he fights, or most of the time, rather. The most that I've heard reported, was $1.6 for the Guerrero fight. He made a little less than that in the Ortiz fight, but again, I'm not sure he's made anything close to $2.3M.

I'm not even sure if Stevenson can pull in $2.3M, but he seems to have a bigger fan base than Berto, so who knows.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 21 2014, 08:28 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

This is kinda the easiest way to duck someone, fighters are just naive if they think they can fight someone from another network, Adonis clearly knows he leaves HBO he doesn't have to fight Sergey due to this cold war

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Feb 21 2014, 05:38 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 20 2014, 09:28 AM) *
I think your underestimating what Haymon brings to the table a bit here. Those soft touches you speak of were in HBO when another guy was running the show. What soft touches have we seen from Haymon fighters recently? Broner-Maidana, 2 fighters he managed wasn't a shot touch. Matthysse-Garcia another 2 he has wasn't a soft touch. Paulie signed with him and got a fight with Zab and is lined up for bigger things, that's not a soft touch. I can go on and on about the last few yrs of what Haymon has done to dispel this soft touch notion...and Stevenson has leverage mow with Haymon in his corner. let's be real we're not talking about some hack manager like a J Prince who does nothing. You really think if HBO don't wanna play ball that Haymon won't just cut the cord on them dudes. HBO has NO leverage because they need Adonis more then he needs them

HBO has more subscribers therefore their winning the ratings race but anyone can see that the best fights are all at Showtime. And it's only a 3 fight deal and we don't know if that is already including his last fight or just starting. Haymon, and you can ask anybody who is in the sport or who writes about the sport is the most powerful guy in boxing and you think he has no power over HBO? I disagree with that because he himself he's more powerful than the network

Haymon gets shit done, HBO will either have to accept the fact that Haymon is back or release Stevenson from the fight deal, as if Haymon would care if they did lol

Haymon has no pull with HBO though. He can demand $10 million a fight for Stevenson, but HBO will just tell Al to piss off. HBO had to bend over backwards a bit with Al earlier because he worked with a ton of GBP fighters. Well, HBO isn't in the GBP game anymore so where is Al's leverage going to come from? If I am running HBO, why would I do anything extra for Adonis now that Al is on his payroll?

The players in the 168 and 175 pound weight class are on HBO. Kov, Ward, Froch, JCCJR, Pascal, GGG eventually, etc. Those are the money fights for Stevenson. What is waiting for him at Showtime? A 50 year old Benard Hopkins? Come on. Al Haymon cares about his fighters...right? Well he isn't taking Mr. Stevenson to Showtime. That would be career suicide.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 21 2014, 07:05 PM
Post #20

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Feb 21 2014, 04:38 PM) *
Haymon has no pull with HBO though. He can demand $10 million a fight for Stevenson, but HBO will just tell Al to piss off. HBO had to bend over backwards a bit with Al earlier because he worked with a ton of GBP fighters. Well, HBO isn't in the GBP game anymore so where is Al's leverage going to come from? If I am running HBO, why would I do anything extra for Adonis now that Al is on his payroll?

The players in the 168 and 175 pound weight class are on HBO. Kov, Ward, Froch, JCCJR, Pascal, GGG eventually, etc. Those are the money fights for Stevenson. What is waiting for him at Showtime? A 50 year old Benard Hopkins? Come on. Al Haymon cares about his fighters...right? Well he isn't taking Mr. Stevenson to Showtime. That would be career suicide.

Are you saying he doesn't care about his fighters? I challenge you to do some intensive research and prove me wrong.

Haymon is that dude, the biggest fight for him is Kovalev this is true. But there are other solid light HW's he can fight that he can fight in Showtime. And I'm trying to figure out wtf you meant by a 50yr old Hopkins?

Dint act like Bernard isn't still wrecking shit in the sport of boxing, until Adonis or Sergey beat him I stand firm in my belief that Bernard is the champ at 175. Out of the fighters you mentioned not many are realistic...Froch ain't shit he on his way out, stop mentioning Golovkin like he want it lol... he got called out by the very people he claims he would fight and he back peddled. Pascal is viable, he doesn't have a multi fight agreement with HBO, Chavez jr....next...can we even say this guy is going to make it to his next fight, and he's in 168....Ward and Kovalev is all he needs out the bunch. the rest are fillers. And the way they treat Ward, I don't know how much longer he sticks around in HBO

Stevenson wants to get paid and regardless he will now that Haymon is in his corner you and the HBO guys your in here defending better get that thru your head

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 10:54 AM