IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What are your favorite fights to watch? Why?
Dolimite
post Feb 21 2014, 12:23 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

What are ya'lls favorite fights to watch? I have a few that remain in rotation. Here is my list in no particular order:

1. Parnell Whitaker vs. Chavez Sr. (never seen a schooling on that level, Sweet Pea's defense and offense was on full display, fucking robbery!)

2. Hatton vs. Mayweather (the fans made that fight spectacular. And Ricky Hatton's shit talking throughout the 24/7 was great and so was the KO)

3. Prince Nas vs. MAB (I did not think MAB could box Nas the way he did. He fought so smart and MAB was clicking on all sides. Nas had no answer for him. great fight)

4. Chico vs. Castillo (WAR...WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR... Fights like this! That fight gives me goosebumps every time I watch it!)

5. Tyson vs. Lewis (Cause ya boy made a ton of money off that fight)

6. Juan Manuel vs. Pac I (Great fight all around. Both fighters showed grit. Juan came back and made Pac work for everything! Great fight)

7. Sergio Martinez vs. Chavez Jr. (Old man represented. I loved watching Sergio be the tactician that he is. He had a perfect game plan. When Jr. knocked Martinez down in the 12, that was something. Good fight)

8. Mayweather vs. Chico (A virtuoso performance by Mayweather. At the end of the fight when he and his dad had that moment, it was cool to see.)

9. Shane Mosley vs. Margarito (Shit! Shane wasn't sugar that night he was a woodsman! Cause he was laying the wood on Margarito all damn night! i know that sounded gay but stay focused fellas)

10. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Bernard Hopkins (My kidney and liver hurt every time I see that body shot! Ouch)

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Feb 21 2014, 12:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
BrutUalBK
post Mar 2 2014, 01:10 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

I love watching:

BHop vs Trinidad-it was a boxing lesson

Floyd vs Corrales-because it was a master class boxing lesson

Lewis vs Rahman II-because the most devastating 1-2 ever thrown in boxing resulting in a KO

Tyson vs Spinks-for the look of a man in Michael Spinks being paralyzed with fear (you can actually see it in his eyes)

Louis vs Schmeling II-for the ultimate revenge factor and disproving the Hitler Supremacy Theory

Ali vs Foreman-for the fact there were many doubters who believed that Muhammad even stood a chance

Hitman Hearns vs Pippino Cuevas-because I've never seen a man do a drunken dance that way after being KO'd on his feet

Floyd vs Hatton-just to see the awesome check hook that sent Hatton flying into the Ringpost

Harold Graham vs Julian Jackson-one of the most devastating one punch KO's ever in boxing.

Just a few off the top of the dome, I have a catalog of fights from way back when that I like to watch as well but there are just too many to list.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 2 2014, 11:38 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 2 2014, 10:10 AM) *
I love watching:

BHop vs Trinidad-it was a boxing lesson

Floyd vs Corrales-because it was a master class boxing lesson

Lewis vs Rahman II-because the most devastating 1-2 ever thrown in boxing resulting in a KO

Tyson vs Spinks-for the look of a man in Michael Spinks being paralyzed with fear (you can actually see it in his eyes)

Louis vs Schmeling II-for the ultimate revenge factor and disproving the Hitler Supremacy Theory

Ali vs Foreman-for the fact there were many doubters who believed that Muhammad even stood a chance

Hitman Hearns vs Pippino Cuevas-because I've never seen a man do a drunken dance that way after being KO'd on his feet

Floyd vs Hatton-just to see the awesome check hook that sent Hatton flying into the Ringpost

Harold Graham vs Julian Jackson-one of the most devastating one punch KO's ever in boxing.

Just a few off the top of the dome, I have a catalog of fights from way back when that I like to watch as well but there are just too many to list.

You have that fight? Wow. I have never seen it.

Emmanuel Steward had me laughing the entire fight. I don't know why.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 3 2014, 12:18 AM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 2 2014, 10:38 PM) *
You have that fight? Wow. I have never seen it.

Emmanuel Steward had me laughing the entire fight. I don't know why.

Yeah I had it for a while and it was an awesome time when you know about the climate of the world at that time for Louis to do what he did, Steward was so wishy-washy; I remember listening to him as they asked him before the Trinidad vs BHop fight as to who would win and he would always say things like "I'm in a mess trying to figure out who is going to win this one" but then by the end of the bout he's saying "it turned out just as I thought it would."

I'd be like damn dude why can't you just be a damn man and pick a winner.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Dolimite   What are your favorite fights to watch? Why?   Feb 21 2014, 12:23 PM
- - pacco_diablo   trinidad vs joppy Brewster vs. Liahovich RJJ vs....   Feb 21 2014, 02:11 PM
- - Thickback   Khan vs Garcia....the arrival of Danny. Just an al...   Feb 21 2014, 03:48 PM
- - Jovi   Keep em coming, you guys are just giving me a good...   Feb 21 2014, 04:12 PM
- - MAHDI   hopkins vs Echols 2.. This has to be one of the mo...   Feb 21 2014, 04:47 PM
- - Cshel86   Cotto/Judah - Cotto/Torres - the beginning of Co...   Feb 21 2014, 10:18 PM
- - klonopinz   marquez vs barerra - incredible technical masterpi...   Feb 23 2014, 03:58 PM
- - klonopinz   forgot foreman vs lyle   Feb 23 2014, 03:59 PM
- - HyyerBlaze   Barrera vs Morales 1-3:All three fights were FOTY ...   Feb 24 2014, 05:52 PM
|- - klonopinz   QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 24 2014, 05:52 PM...   Feb 24 2014, 06:28 PM
- - Cshel86   Does anybody remember Andy Lee vs Craig McEwan bac...   Feb 26 2014, 10:08 AM
- - AZWildCat   Wright vs Taylor good action good boxing hamed vs...   Feb 26 2014, 06:22 PM
- - Franchize   Mayweather vs Gatti- I've watched this fight m...   Feb 26 2014, 07:13 PM
- - ryustuh   mayweather corrales - sold me on how good floyd re...   Feb 27 2014, 12:26 PM
- - Jovi   Just saw DLH vs Whitaker, the first fight i've...   Feb 27 2014, 05:18 PM
|- - AZWildCat   QUOTE (Jovi @ Feb 27 2014, 05:18 PM) Just...   Feb 27 2014, 05:26 PM
- - Jovi   Just saw DLH vs Whitaker, the first fight i've...   Feb 27 2014, 05:18 PM
- - mgrover   Pac vs Marquez 1 and 2, everytime I watch those fi...   Feb 28 2014, 11:36 AM
- - pacco_diablo   brewster vs liakhovich 5th round on (roughly 21:5...   Feb 28 2014, 03:13 PM
- - pacco_diablo   and lets not forget Brewster beating Wlad Klitchko...   Feb 28 2014, 03:31 PM
- - BrutUalBK   I love watching: BHop vs Trinidad-it was a boxing...   Mar 2 2014, 01:10 PM
- - Dolimite   QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 2 2014, 10:10 AM) ...   Mar 2 2014, 11:38 PM
- - BrutUalBK   QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 2 2014, 10:38 PM) Y...   Mar 3 2014, 12:18 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 10:31 AM