IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are your favorite fights to watch? Why?
Dolimite
post Feb 21 2014, 12:23 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

What are ya'lls favorite fights to watch? I have a few that remain in rotation. Here is my list in no particular order:

1. Parnell Whitaker vs. Chavez Sr. (never seen a schooling on that level, Sweet Pea's defense and offense was on full display, fucking robbery!)

2. Hatton vs. Mayweather (the fans made that fight spectacular. And Ricky Hatton's shit talking throughout the 24/7 was great and so was the KO)

3. Prince Nas vs. MAB (I did not think MAB could box Nas the way he did. He fought so smart and MAB was clicking on all sides. Nas had no answer for him. great fight)

4. Chico vs. Castillo (WAR...WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR... Fights like this! That fight gives me goosebumps every time I watch it!)

5. Tyson vs. Lewis (Cause ya boy made a ton of money off that fight)

6. Juan Manuel vs. Pac I (Great fight all around. Both fighters showed grit. Juan came back and made Pac work for everything! Great fight)

7. Sergio Martinez vs. Chavez Jr. (Old man represented. I loved watching Sergio be the tactician that he is. He had a perfect game plan. When Jr. knocked Martinez down in the 12, that was something. Good fight)

8. Mayweather vs. Chico (A virtuoso performance by Mayweather. At the end of the fight when he and his dad had that moment, it was cool to see.)

9. Shane Mosley vs. Margarito (Shit! Shane wasn't sugar that night he was a woodsman! Cause he was laying the wood on Margarito all damn night! i know that sounded gay but stay focused fellas)

10. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Bernard Hopkins (My kidney and liver hurt every time I see that body shot! Ouch)

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Feb 21 2014, 12:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pacco_diablo
post Feb 21 2014, 02:11 PM
Post #2

Featherweight

Member No.: 2,107

trinidad vs joppy

Brewster vs. Liahovich

RJJ vs. Ruiz

Corrales vs. Castillo

Lewis vs. Bowe - oh wait a min.... forgot that we was robbed of that one.

+Quote Post
Thickback
post Feb 21 2014, 03:48 PM
Post #3

Strawweight

Member No.: 12,355

Khan vs Garcia....the arrival of Danny. Just an all around classic for me. Great action.

Mayweather vs Hatton....See above

Juan Diaz vs JMM....Fight had everything you could ask for. Experience vs Youth, a comeback, and a KO.

Hopkins vs Trinidad....Great performance by Bhop.

Mayweather vs Agustus (Burton) People who say Floyd never took a risk or don't throw combos need to watch this fight. Augustus gave him the fight of his life.

Pacquiao vs Hatton....BOOM! Down goes Hatton!! 0_0

Holyfield vs Bowe....My face hurts watching the punches these dudes were landing.

Gatti vs Ward....No description needed.

DLH vs Mosley 1....2 of the greatest chins ever displayed in this war.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 21 2014, 04:12 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Keep em coming, you guys are just giving me a good list of fights i need to see (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Rigondeaux vs Teon Kennedy/Roberto Marroquin/Nonito Donaire. In that order too- What Makes Rigondeaux Rigondeaux is shown in these fights. Amazing skillset,

Erislandy Lara vs Alfredo Angulo- Wow, this fight is what a boxing is all about. This fight also showed me what Virgil hunter can do as trainer. Action all around with an unexpected ending. If it went one more round, who knows what would have happend.

Mayweather vs Marquez- Tsssssss, This is the first Mayweather fight I've ever seen and I thought he was the best fighter i've ever seen ever! Nobody had to say anything to me after that. I was following boxing before but after that fight it was one of my passions. To Make Boxing look easy is NOT easy at all, He looked like fighting the CPU in a videogame on very hard in that fight. Marquez couldn't do SHIT!!!!

Those are my favorites off the top of my head, i dont usually RE-watch fights, but you guys are naming fights that I Haven't seen. Now i don't have to wait till the weekends to see some good fights.

This post has been edited by Jovi: Feb 21 2014, 04:32 PM

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Feb 21 2014, 04:47 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

hopkins vs Echols 2.. This has to be one of the most rugged and foul filled fights of all time at middleweight.. It was funny as hell and exciting. Hopkins displayed footwork comparable to ALI and walked through hellacious shots from Echols.. Had not Hopkins been in the way, I think Echols could have wreaked havoc at 160...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 21 2014, 10:18 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Cotto/Judah -

Cotto/Torres - the beginning of Cotto's destruction

Cotto/Margartio I - still get chills from the pressure that Toney put on Miguel

Katsidis/Casamayor - full of fireworks!!!

Gatti (RIP)/Baldomir - Gatti was past it, and had no business in that fight.

Morales/Maidana - who didn't enjoy El Terrible and his legendary weakness to engage in brawls that he shouldn't be in

Morales/Pac I - Erik's last fight with anything left in the tank...anything after that, he was simply running off of fumes and instinct. Dude went in there and handled Manny, til he got stupid in the last two rounds.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 23 2014, 03:58 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

marquez vs barerra - incredible technical masterpiece by both men.
pacquiao vs barerra - just great to see manny being this unknown guy stopping a top 3 p4p fighter at that time
duran vs hagler - one of my personal favs, idk why.
leonard vs duran 1 - classic superfight
graziano vs zale any fight - cant ask for a better middleweght rivalry. ridiculous fights
mayweather vs marquez - mayweather at his best. flawless
mayweather vs corley - fuckin brutal ar for money. he took it like a g
pacquao marquez 4 - increedible fight with a historic ending
bradley provodnikov - modern classic

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 23 2014, 03:59 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

forgot foreman vs lyle

+Quote Post
HyyerBlaze
post Feb 24 2014, 05:52 PM
Post #9

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,954

Barrera vs Morales 1-3:All three fights were FOTY type fights imo,can't pick one over the other.

Pacquiao vs Morales 1:Great bloody fight.Pacqiuao coming into his own with Morales still with that great mexican heart and boxing skills.

Ortiz vs Mayweather:Simply because of the comedy lmao.

This post has been edited by HyyerBlaze: Feb 24 2014, 05:54 PM

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 24 2014, 06:28 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

QUOTE (HyyerBlaze @ Feb 24 2014, 05:52 PM) *
Barrera vs Morales 1-3:All three fights were FOTY type fights imo,can't pick one over the other.

Pacquiao vs Morales 1:Great bloody fight.Pacqiuao coming into his own with Morales still with that great mexican heart and boxing skills.

Ortiz vs Mayweather:Simply because of the comedy lmao.

great classic rivalry. i loved when barerra punched morales in the face at the press conference. great stuff. gota love those 2 they hate eachothers guts

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:30 AM