IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it possible that Cotto could pass Pacquiao in PPV numbers?, Pacquiao-Bradley 2 vs. Cotto-Martinez
checkleft
post Feb 25 2014, 01:33 AM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Very possible. Matter of fact more than likely he will
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Feb 25 2014, 08:17 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

This is a good question because it will be CLOSE. I love both fights but if I had to choose one I may end up flipping a coin.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 10 2014, 01:50 PM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Seems to me so far, Cotto-Martinez is carrying more of a buzz than Pacquiao-Bradley 2. Maybe it's because I'm in NY, but all the talk has been more-so in the interest in Cotto-Martinez.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 11 2014, 01:53 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 10 2014, 02:50 PM) *
Seems to me so far, Cotto-Martinez is carrying more of a buzz than Pacquiao-Bradley 2. Maybe it's because I'm in NY, but all the talk has been more-so in the interest in Cotto-Martinez.

same out here in Cali

matter o fact I hardly hear anything about Pac bradley

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 11 2014, 09:09 AM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

Well let's just say that it wouldn't be surprising if Cotto did pass him because Manny's numbers in many of his bouts have been either hidden from us by Arum or inflated so that they can keep his name relevant with Mayweather's so they can continue to hype him.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 18 2014, 09:14 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

When was the last time we've seen any REAL Pac PPV numbers??? While he only did 500k in the Rios fight, I still believe he sells more than Cotto on his worse day., The idea of fighting in China wasn't the best one (business wise), hope Bob doesn't do that to Manny anymore.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 18 2014, 03:29 PM
Post #17

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 18 2014, 10:14 AM) *
When was the last time we've seen any REAL Pac PPV numbers??? While he only did 500k in the Rios fight, I still believe he sells more than Cotto on his worse day., The idea of fighting in China wasn't the best one (business wise), hope Bob doesn't do that to Manny anymore.

Really?! Even now that his market has taken a hit since Marquez? Maybe I can't base sales off his last fight in Macau, but don't u think part of the reason Pacquiao was relocated to China for Rios was because of the lack of interest over here as well? We both know they're not a lot of lucrative fighters to look foward to matching up against Pacquiao to help boost sales and now with Cotto shooting for a Middleweight title against Martinez, whom with the right "dance partner" can sell himself, while afterwards is the possibility of a fight with Canelo who is coming off a successful PPV himself, If we were to put that up against Pacquiao-Bradley 2 (winner) vs. Marquez-Provodnikov (winner), then I'd say Cotto could give Pacquiao a run for his money.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Mar 18 2014, 03:34 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 18 2014, 09:35 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 18 2014, 04:29 PM) *
Really?! Even now that his market has taken a hit since Marquez? Maybe I can't base sales off his last fight in Macau, but don't u think part of the reason Pacquiao was relocated to China for Rios was because of the lack of interest over here as well? We both know they're not a lot of lucrative fighters to look foward to matching up against Pacquiao to help boost sales and now with Cotto shooting for a Middleweight title against Martinez, whom with the right "dance partner" can sell himself, while afterwards is the possibility of a fight with Canelo who is coming off a successful PPV himself, If we were to put that up against Pacquiao-Bradley 2 (winner) vs. Marquez-Provodnikov (winner), then I'd say Cotto could give Pacquiao a run for his money.

Yes, I believe so. It appears as though his market has taken a hit since the Rios fight, but who knows just how low his numbers were since the Margarito fight? I wouldn't completely rely on his Macau numbers...not many would've sold much, had they fought in China. I have to find that article that proved why Manny's numbers were so low for that fight.

Anyhow, I agree, there aren't many lucrative fights out there for him, but I look at it this way, he does decent numbers with crappy undercards...so if he has the right dance partners, then he could get close to his old numbers. I believe Cotto/Margarito II did about 600k, and it had Rios on the card, as well as the Wolak/Rodriguez rematch, while Manny/Rios did about 500k with a crappy undercard.

Honestly, Im not so sure how much Cotto/Martinez sells, but a Cotto/Canelo fight would blow a Manny/Bradley rematch out of the water, and compete against a Pac/JMM fight...only because of how the 4th one ended.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Mar 19 2014, 01:16 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

I think cotto Martinez will do better. Cotto against people with less popularity than Sergio has drawn big crowds (trout, Rodriguez). Two Latin fighters in the midst of a Latin holiday (Puerto Rican day parade) in new York (a lot of Puerto Ricans and Latins period) is gonna equal big numbers if you ask me.... Manny against timothy Bradley..? It just seems to have a bad stigma on peoples mind

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 19 2014, 11:42 AM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Mar 19 2014, 02:16 AM) *
I think cotto Martinez will do better. Cotto against people with less popularity than Sergio has drawn big crowds (trout, Rodriguez). Two Latin fighters in the midst of a Latin holiday (Puerto Rican day parade) in new York (a lot of Puerto Ricans and Latins period) is gonna equal big numbers if you ask me.... Manny against timothy Bradley..? It just seems to have a bad stigma on peoples mind

I believe it will do better, as well. I get what you're saying about Cotto against less popular guys, having drawn big crowds...but as I always mention..."viewers and buyers are two different things". Cotto vs Trout and Cotto vs Rodriguez, wouldn't have sold much (PPV wise), but maybe Cotto/Martinez will do some pretty good numbers. About how many do you project for that bout?

I can say that Pac/Bradley may actually do the fabricated numbers that the first fight did...which Bob blurted out around 900k, when it really did 700k. I'm looking at the Canelo/Angulo numbers, and it's looking like 375k, but I'm not sure that official number just yet.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 07:55 AM