Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is Lomachenko-Saiido A Mismatch?, On Chavez-Vera II Undercard
Jack 1000
post Feb 24 2014, 05:23 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Is Olympic Gold Medalist Lomachenko, in only his second pro fight, ready for the experience and punching power of Salido? The Olympian goes for Salido's WBO Featherweight World Championship in his second fight. Too much too soon? Or not? Ring TV talks about the fight here:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/318751-orlando-salido-2

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
klonopinz
post Feb 24 2014, 06:25 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

i dont think so, Lomachenko has some slick skills and seems like he has good power, hes a southpaw as well, which will add to his unorthodox style. He landed some vicious body shots in his last fight and by the look of his face he was surprised the guy went down, i dont think he thought it would be that easy. the guy he fought was a nobody, but he showed some good all around skills and judging by his atitude i dont think he was even challenged watsoever. I think salido is one dimensional, very good at that one dimensial, but nevertheles hes a one dimensional pressure fighter. Lomachenko seems to be more of a counterpucnher anyway, with blistering combos when he wants to unload. I can see flash knock downs, i dont think hell knock him out if mikey couldnt. The fight will probably go the same way as the mikey garcia fight without the TD. I see a UD. salido is tough as nails. well see if loma has a chin or not for sure. I have heard from HBO that bob wants to match him up with rigondeaux at some point, have his 2, 2-time gold medalists face off with eachother.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 24 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #3

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I don't think it's a mismatch but I still don't like the fight because he hasn't earned the right to fight any champion. But he does pose some threat to Salido because Lomanchenko has skills and his hands are fast, but I do agree with Salido that the longer the fight goes the more it plays into his hands

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 24 2014, 08:01 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Feb 24 2014, 05:25 PM) *
i dont think so, Lomachenko has some slick skills and seems like he has good power, hes a southpaw as well, which will add to his unorthodox style. He landed some vicious body shots in his last fight and by the look of his face he was surprised the guy went down, i dont think he thought it would be that easy. the guy he fought was a nobody, but he showed some good all around skills and judging by his atitude i dont think he was even challenged watsoever. I think salido is one dimensional, very good at that one dimensial, but nevertheles hes a one dimensional pressure fighter. Lomachenko seems to be more of a counterpucnher anyway, with blistering combos when he wants to unload. I can see flash knock downs, i dont think hell knock him out if mikey couldnt. The fight will probably go the same way as the mikey garcia fight without the TD. I see a UD. salido is tough as nails. well see if loma has a chin or not for sure. I have heard from HBO that bob wants to match him up with rigondeaux at some point, have his 2, 2-time gold medalists face off with eachother.

Don't hold your breath for that....Rigondeauz isn't fighting until July 19th according to his manager and Lomanchenko's team has already backed down from that fight. Check boxingscene, there's numerous interviews with his team where they let it be known their not interested in a fight with Rigondeaux

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 24 2014, 08:11 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

They are rushing the Shiz out of Lomachenko, but I ain't gonna deny his skills. I saw a list of the other day that included Lomachenko's Amateur record (amongst others) and dude is definitely the real deal. Only 1 loss ever in the amateurs! More wins and less losses than the ultimate Rigondeaux. Even in the amateurs, if you can fight almost 400 times and only lose 1, then i can't say shit, on top of that 2 gold medals?! Salido gon get that ass whooped!!!

Even when he does fight Rigondeaux, Im leaning towards Lomachenko. I know Pro is different than the amateurs so we'll see.

This post has been edited by Jovi: Feb 24 2014, 08:11 PM

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Feb 24 2014, 08:23 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 24 2014, 04:23 PM) *
Is Olympic Gold Medalist Lomachenko, in only his second pro fight, ready for the experience and punching power of Salido? The Olympian goes for Salido's WBO Featherweight World Championship in his second fight. Too much too soon? Or not? Ring TV talks about the fight here:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/318751-orlando-salido-2

Jack

this kid (Lomanchenko) has the goods to compete with just about anyone, I'm wondering if a guy like Salido is ready for him. Orlando will bring the pressure but he will be getting picked apart whenever he rushes forward, either that or Lomanchenko will simply tie him up on the inside. I think it's a great test for the kid but one that he will pass using his superior boxing skills.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Feb 24 2014, 11:50 PM
Post #7

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Anything can happen in the ring during fight night. I've done endless research on Loma for years and the guy is primed ready as he'll ever be. He's 25 and nearly flawless in his boxing achievements.

On the other hand Salido had it hard from the very beginning. Thrown into the wolves early in his career while suffering losses he wouldn't lose currently.

I like this fight and I admit I do like Salido in this if he can check Loma"s chin. If Loma can stay composed and box near flawless he can win. The question I have the most is Loma's chin.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 25 2014, 01:31 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

This kid was getting tagged a lot in his first fight against... Not salido. I won't hate but I do have my doubts. Let's not act like Hbo was banking on salido to beat the first professional gay boxer/champion (aka a fucking gold mine)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 25 2014, 02:53 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Maybe Lomanchenko's team sees something that they can expose...but, Arum would have to have his hands in this, for it to even be happening in the first place. I see plenty of up and coming fighters and their teams calling out champions, but rarely does it happen, let alone this fast.

Remember how Haymon signed all of those Olympians back in 2012? Hmm....me thinks that Arum's trying to one-up Haymon and show that his new fighters are championship worthy. Zhou Shiming made $500k in his fight before the one that he fought last weekend. Arum's been parading him around and making money off of the Asian market.

Arum appears to be doing the same with Lomanchenko...at least that's how it appears.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Feb 26 2014, 01:35 AM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

is gary russel still fighting the winner of this one?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 02:36 PM