IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adrien Broner to Potentially Fight on Floyd's May 3rd Card, Who would make a great opponent ?
MaxPayne
post Feb 24 2014, 11:20 PM
Post #1

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

It's an interesting question. Does he fight at 140 lbs. or 147 lbs. ?

Who are some names out there that could fit the bill ? Lucas Mattysse ? Robert Guerrero ? Lamont Peterson ? Shawn Porter ?

Let's hear your thoughts fellas.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Feb 24 2014, 11:37 PM
Post #2

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

I hope he fights at 140 for his sake and his body sake. The kid has not fully filled out his welterweight potential during fight night. He needs to take his time and work his way up like he originally should have.

I think a Peterson or Aydin-Postol winner would be best comeback fight at 140. Porter would maul him more than Peterson or Maidana and Matthysse is a bad style match up for Broner that might not end well.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 25 2014, 01:12 AM
Post #3

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

A Broner Thread before a Mayweather thread?! On Mayweathers undercard too. Should just make a thread about the May 3rd date.

I read somewhere that Matthysse may also be returning on this undercard and against Keith Thurman. This would be an amazing fight, and an even better idea having TWO Argentinians on the same fight card.

If Broner is on the undercard, the best fight for him I think would be against Khan. Not a guy that he can run through, but if Broner Manages to win then it will definitely prove something. Same thing for Khan, beating Broner will do a lot for him, and them losing to each other doesn't really hurt their stock. If Broner loses he can move down, if Khan loses then he just proves he wasn't ready for Mayweather...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 25 2014, 01:32 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Fight khan

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Feb 25 2014, 03:31 AM
Post #5

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Its going to be Matthysse probably at 147 I dont think AB can really lose as much weight anymore hence the quick move ups..Lucas was just recently circulating talks about a fight in May of this year and considering his buddy is the main event its not hard to see him vs Broner both coming off losses and will probably end up drawing a ton of interest. Id find that fight more interesting than the main event sadly enough.

This post has been edited by DigitalBoom: Feb 25 2014, 03:35 AM

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Feb 25 2014, 03:34 AM
Post #6

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Feb 24 2014, 11:37 PM) *
I hope he fights at 140 for his sake and his body sake. The kid has not fully filled out his welterweight potential during fight night. He needs to take his time and work his way up like he originally should have.

I think a Peterson or Aydin-Postol winner would be best comeback fight at 140. Porter would maul him more than Peterson or Maidana and Matthysse is a bad style match up for Broner that might not end well.

Wasnt AB walking around north of 160 for like 3 months before he started camp? If anything his height will be his biggest obstacle, he aint got them super long Floyd arms. On the weight end I think he'd struggle to make 140 personally unless hes been doing some serious Cardio since his Maidana loss and avoided putting on them 20 pounds again.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 25 2014, 03:48 AM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Broner was mentioned as a 2nd option for Khan. Neither have been in a dull fight. I think he should go down to junior welter though and grow into welter. But if he insists on staying @147, then he needs to step his game up

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 25 2014, 10:53 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 24 2014, 11:32 PM) *
Fight khan

That would be fun.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 25 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #9

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 25 2014, 10:53 AM) *
That would be fun.

That WOULD be fun...that'd be a solid co-bout. I wonder if both parties could come to an agreement though. both have a lot to lose and both are dangerous in their own ways.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 25 2014, 01:31 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Keith Thurman just called out AB. That would be an interesting match. I am with Chi and I said this in another Thread, AB's power or skill set does not favor him at 147. Broner showed tremendous heart by fighting back against Broner, the kid is tough, he just has to put it all together.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 02:22 AM