IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adrien Broner to Potentially Fight on Floyd's May 3rd Card, Who would make a great opponent ?
Cshel86
post Feb 25 2014, 02:44 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Peterson at 140...unless they're saving Lamont for a Garcia clash at the end of the year.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 25 2014, 03:01 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 25 2014, 12:44 PM) *
Peterson at 140...unless they're saving Lamont for a Garcia clash at the end of the year.

I think Showtime wants to save Lamont for Garcia! I honestly think they have another fighter lined up for AB. Why not make it Argentina vs. USA. You can have Matthysse (remember before Garcia he a bunch of fans) vs. Broner and then Marcos vs. Floyd. It makes sense. Both Matthysse and Broner are coming off a loss and loss to men they were suppose to beat. It makes sense.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 25 2014, 03:30 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 25 2014, 03:01 PM) *
I think Showtime wants to save Lamont for Garcia! I honestly think they have another fighter lined up for AB. Why not make it Argentina vs. USA. You can have Matthysse (remember before Garcia he a bunch of fans) vs. Broner and then Marcos vs. Floyd. It makes sense. Both Matthysse and Broner are coming off a loss and loss to men they were suppose to beat. It makes sense.

It'll only make sense if they don't give a shit about Broner's career, lol. Lucas isn't a world-beater, but it's best that Broner stays away from in the meantime. I honestly believe that the Maidana fight was harder for Broner, than a Matthysse fight would be...but they just need to be careful with him.

Thing is, the opponent has to be somewhat noteworthy, IF Broner fights on the card. The thing is, will Broner be the co-feature, or the second bout? If Khan is on the card as well, then that's gonna cause an uproar, because both of them can go on and make million dollar paydays outside of the card. Having both of them on the card, will effect the budget...well, in other words, they'd have to be willing to take a heavy paycut.

If they want to give Broner and/or Khan anywhere from 800k - 1M, then they both can't be on the card, and their opponent is gonna have to be willing to take a significantly lower cut of the purse...somewhere between 100k and 300k.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 25 2014, 03:57 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 25 2014, 12:30 PM) *
It'll only make sense if they don't give a shit about Broner's career, lol. Lucas isn't a world-beater, but it's best that Broner stays away from in the meantime. I honestly believe that the Maidana fight was harder for Broner, than a Matthysse fight would be...but they just need to be careful with him.

Thing is, the opponent has to be somewhat noteworthy, IF Broner fights on the card. The thing is, will Broner be the co-feature, or the second bout? If Khan is on the card as well, then that's gonna cause an uproar, because both of them can go on and make million dollar paydays outside of the card. Having both of them on the card, will effect the budget...well, in other words, they'd have to be willing to take a heavy paycut.

If they want to give Broner and/or Khan anywhere from 800k - 1M, then they both can't be on the card, and their opponent is gonna have to be willing to take a significantly lower cut of the purse...somewhere between 100k and 300k.

I doubt if Khan wants to be on the undercard he was suppose to be the main feature. That is like the chic you asked out told you fuck no I am going with your best friend but you and my sister can double date with us. You would be like "ho, please!" That has happened to me before... my life man!

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Feb 25 2014, 05:19 PM
Post #15

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 25 2014, 01:32 AM) *
Fight khan

Agree.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Feb 25 2014, 06:16 PM
Post #16

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Cshel took the words out my mouth. If they don't care about Broner's career they will put him in against Matthysse... The thing is Matthysse fought with Garcia at 140 right? Either way I'd take Matthysse over Broner all day, Regardless of what Garcia did.

I just read that they want Broner vs Collazo, which sounds like a much safer comeback fight, but not a guaranteed win.... Leave Matthysse for Thurman, I only see this fight ending by KO.

But as earlier mentioned, the names connected may effect budget. Even though Broner only made 1.something mill his last fight he'd get the most out of the rest of the undercard with Matthysse and Thurman probably both making alittle under a mill, or a good mill after the PPV... And another thing, isn't there supposed to be another TMT fighter on the undercard?

Hopefully its a 4 fight card, Adding Matthysse, Broner, and Thurman on that card definitely will make Showtime profit. Aside from it being a Mayweather fight it could be the best fight card of the year, if they manage it right.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 25 2014, 07:12 PM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 25 2014, 12:31 PM) *
Keith Thurman just called out AB. That would be an interesting match. I am with Chi and I said this in another Thread, AB's power or skill set does not favor him at 147. Broner showed tremendous heart by fighting back against Broner, the kid is tough, he just has to put it all together.

Why wouldn't he? Everybody wants a piece of Broner now, even Mayfield said he was upset he lost because he claims he wanted to be the one to expose him. Not many said this shit before December keep in mind and that includes Thurman. He acknowledged that down the road they may fight but it wasn't one he sounded overly excited about, now he's calling him out. Everybody's a killer when the gun already went off

But still Broner isn't a welterweight. He needs to take his time and grow into the division and he needs to take his time in the ring and build himself back up. He's barely 5'6, I think even if he does come back and do well that that's going to be an issue going forward for him. He needs a name but not a world beater. Collazo would be a good win for him. I'd make that fight. But a Khan fight interests me as well but I see joining wrong if they took a safer and more suitable route like a Collazo, I would even say JSK but he may clock Broner early

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Feb 25 2014, 07:14 PM

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 25 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 25 2014, 03:57 PM) *
I doubt if Khan wants to be on the undercard he was suppose to be the main feature. That is like the chic you asked out told you fuck no I am going with your best friend but you and my sister can double date with us. You would be like "ho, please!" That has happened to me before... my life man!

That shouldn't matter to khan. This dude just got pushed aside for a guy he already beat, he needs the exposure and the redemption after a couple of really bad outings. And where better to get exposure than in one of the biggest ppvs of the year.

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Feb 25 2014, 08:19 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

It's a good idea as long as he has the right opponent in front of him. If Broner can safely get down to 140, he should. Peterson would be an interesting matchup and hes got a belt.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Feb 25 2014, 08:40 PM
Post #20

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 25 2014, 07:12 PM) *
Why wouldn't he? Everybody wants a piece of Broner now, even Mayfield said he was upset he lost because he claims he wanted to be the one to expose him. Not many said this shit before December keep in mind and that includes Thurman. He acknowledged that down the road they may fight but it wasn't one he sounded overly excited about, now he's calling him out. Everybody's a killer when the gun already went off

But still Broner isn't a welterweight. He needs to take his time and grow into the division and he needs to take his time in the ring and build himself back up. He's barely 5'6, I think even if he does come back and do well that that's going to be an issue going forward for him. He needs a name but not a world beater. Collazo would be a good win for him. I'd make that fight. But a Khan fight interests me as well but I see joining wrong if they took a safer and more suitable route like a Collazo, I would even say JSK but he may clock Broner early

i dont know if collazo would be a good idea. collazo might end up pulling an upset, and that would reallyyyy fuck up broners comeback. i just dont think its worth it right now to throw broner back in with top weltereights. he is a future star, no need to take another chance. id like to see him in with zab judah or somebody like that who he can outbox and get some confidence back in his skills.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 10:28 PM