Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cotto in driver's seat for big buck$ with Martinez win
mrchitown
post Mar 5 2014, 12:23 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

Cshel, Dolomite, I have to agree with you guys. I think this will be all for nothing because I fully expect Martinez to come out victorious in June....and like Cshel said, Cotto is not the most businesses savvy guy out there. I think the worse decision he made was to fight Trout. Cotto has the rep of fighting any and all comers but check out his opponents to get those title belts in recent yrs. Remember he fought some no hoper for the WBO belt @147, then he fought Yuri Foreman for the belt @154, then he went at Trout and it finally backfired on him

He picks title holders who he thinks pose little risk to him , it's going to backfire on him again when he faces Martinez
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 5 2014, 01:03 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 5 2014, 09:23 AM) *
Cshel, Dolomite, I have to agree with you guys. I think this will be all for nothing because I fully expect Martinez to come out victorious in June....and like Cshel said, Cotto is not the most businesses savvy guy out there. I think the worse decision he made was to fight Trout. Cotto has the rep of fighting any and all comers but check out his opponents to get those title belts in recent yrs. Remember he fought some no hoper for the WBO belt @147, then he fought Yuri Foreman for the belt @154, then he went at Trout and it finally backfired on him

He picks title holders who he thinks pose little risk to him , it's going to backfire on him again when he faces Martinez

Roach is his trainer, all offensive, little concern for strategic fighting. Cotto left himself open too many times against Delvin. Sergio will make him pay dearly. They may have to stop this fight.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Mar 5 2014, 01:52 PM
Post #23

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

MSG, Barclays and the MGM are the same to me... same as Comisky, Cowboy and Yankee stadium

I understand your point, we just disagree here, also MSG was quiet during rounds 11 and 12 for Cotto-Clottey when 90% in attendance felt their countryman had lost, lead to many Rican-Ghanian skirmishes in the aisles

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 5 2014, 02:09 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (TheCritics @ Mar 5 2014, 12:52 PM) *
MSG, Barclays and the MGM are the same to me... same as Comisky, Cowboy and Yankee stadium

I understand your point, we just disagree here, also MSG was quiet during rounds 11 and 12 for Cotto-Clottey when 90% in attendance felt their countryman had lost, lead to many Rican-Ghanian skirmishes in the aisles

I learn something new everyday, I didn't know that but i can see why they were upset because I felt Miguel lost to Clottey

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 5 2014, 02:11 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 5 2014, 12:03 PM) *
Roach is his trainer, all offensive, little concern for strategic fighting. Cotto left himself open too many times against Delvin. Sergio will make him pay dearly. They may have to stop this fight.

I don't believe Roach would stop the fight. I think he'd let Cotto get beat on and that's what I expect to happen. It's true that the body punching Cotto appears to be back but he's sacrificed some defense to do so.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Mar 5 2014, 06:53 PM
Post #26

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

I felt he lost too, so did my entire section of ole head Puertorock die hards... they were happy Cotto got the nod when announced but taking a vote among us talking all felt Clottey won

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 5 2014, 07:08 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 5 2014, 12:11 PM) *
I don't believe Roach would stop the fight. I think he'd let Cotto get beat on and that's what I expect to happen. It's true that the body punching Cotto appears to be back but he's sacrificed some defense to do so.

The ref or a doctor.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 5 2014, 07:18 PM
Post #28

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

I'd say ref if it comes to that point

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Mar 8 2014, 04:05 PM
Post #29

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

Yall killing me with this "if he's not 100%" ish...

When has Martinez not come into a fight 100%. Plus he's been begging for a Cotto fight for years now so you don't think he will get up for this fight?
It's like and excuse is already forming.

If Cotto beats him it would be a solid victory. Both are on the decline.

Edit: Imo btw, Cotto loses, simply because of too much size. His punches were bouncing off of Trout.. what is supposed to happen with a full middle?

This post has been edited by BoxingStill#1: Mar 8 2014, 04:08 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 8 2014, 04:16 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Mar 8 2014, 04:05 PM) *
Yall killing me with this "if he's not 100%" ish...

When has Martinez not come into a fight 100%. Plus he's been begging for a Cotto fight for years now so you don't think he will get up for this fight?
It's like and excuse is already forming.

If Cotto beats him it would be a solid victory. Both are on the decline.

Edit: Imo btw, Cotto loses, simply because of too much size. His punches were bouncing off of Trout.. what is supposed to happen with a full middle?

What did I tell you about speaking the truth??? Shame on you!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 03:33 AM