IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Preview and Poll: Canelo vs Angulo (PPV), Who Will Win and Why? Saturday March 8, 2014
Canello vs. Angulo?
Who Wins and How?
Angulo by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [6.25%]
Angulo by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Augulo by KO/TKO [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Canelo by Dec (Close) [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Canelo by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [6.25%]
Canelo by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [31.25%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16
  
Jack 1000
post Mar 3 2014, 01:51 PM
Post #1


The Consultant


Group: Root Admin
Posts: 9,726
Joined: 2-December 02
Member No.: 14



Who takes it in what should be a good to great fight? Canello vs Angullo. Vote Now and Comment!

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 3 2014, 02:12 PM
Post #2


The Consultant


Group: Root Admin
Posts: 9,726
Joined: 2-December 02
Member No.: 14



I voted for Canelo by KO/TKO, although both have questionable stamina, Canelo just has that "Pillsbury Dough Boy" look about about him. He's tough, slightly above average, but durable and determined, Angulo punches harder, but doesn't have a chin, so if Angulo does anything it will probably have to be within the first four rounds. I give Canelo a 60% chance to win and Angulo a 40% chance.

The first four rounds should be great and the fight may be short because of this. After that, its both huffing and puffing should this get into the late rounds. It's just that Canelo has the chin to carry him through. Canelo could fall early in a blitz, but the conventional wisdom is that, once Angulo gasses out after five, Canelo beats him down for a late stoppage. My pick is Canelo Alvarez TKO 10.

Jack
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 4 2014, 07:43 AM
Post #3


Featherweight


Group: Members
Posts: 532
Joined: 25-June 11
Member No.: 12,629



Common sense says Canelo by close UD, but something tells me Angulo might pull off the upset by TKO (his only way of winning this fight)
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 4 2014, 08:02 AM
Post #4


Junior Welterweight


Group: Members
Posts: 1,157
Joined: 19-October 11
From: Brooklyn, New York
Member No.: 13,329



I'm going with Canelo via KO/TKO. I don't remember if Lara fractured or broke Angulo's orbital bone in his eye, but I'd say that is still a big question mark for him and may play a role in the result of this fight as much as people questioning Canelo's chin.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 4 2014, 02:36 PM
Post #5


The Consultant


Group: Root Admin
Posts: 9,726
Joined: 2-December 02
Member No.: 14



QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 4 2014, 07:02 AM) *
I'm going with Canelo via KO/TKO. I don't remember if Lara fractured or broke Angulo's orbital bone in his eye, but I'd say that is still a big question mark for him and may play a role in the result of this fight as much as people questioning Canelo's chin.


I question Angulo's chin more than Canelo's, and the fuel tanks on both of them.

Jack
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 4 2014, 03:26 PM
Post #6


The Consultant


Group: Root Admin
Posts: 9,726
Joined: 2-December 02
Member No.: 14



From Fightnights.com, here is the whole card

Alfredo Angulo vs. Saul Alvarez - light middleweight
co-feature Cristian Mijares vs. Leo Santa Cruz - super bantamweight
Omar Figueroa 22 W 0 L 1 D 17 KOs vs. Ricardo Alvarez 23 W 2 L 3 D 14 KOs - lightweight
Carlos Molina 22 W 5 L 2 D 6 KOs vs. Jermall Charlo 17 W 0 L 0 D 13 KOs - light middleweight
Jorge Linares 35 W 3 L 0 D 23 KOs vs. Nihito Arakawa 24 W 3 L 1 D 16 KOS - lightweight

http://fightnights.com/boxing-matches/Alvarez-vs-Angulo/1651
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 4 2014, 03:28 PM
Post #7


"The Meanest Nice Guy"


Group: Moderators
Posts: 13,357
Joined: 11-May 11
From: Wherever Greatness is Bred
Member No.: 12,050



Aren't you all glad that we don't have to see Canelo's boring brother on the big stage? I like Figueroa, but I feel like that Alvarez fight would've been a snoozer. Instead, we get Linares/Arakawa, which could be interesting, even though both guys don't have much pop.

Anyway, my first instinct is telling me that Canelo batter Angulo and stops him in the more than 5 rounds...he's just way too available to be hit. However, I'll go against the grain and say that Angulo jumps on him early and gets him outta there in under 7 rounds. He doesn't have the best stamina in the world, so taking Canelo into the later rounds, would be self-destruction.

Canelo has stamina issues too, but he does a lot better in the later rounds than Angulo does. Reason why is because Angulo allows himself to be hit so much, to the point that his face and body is hardly any good, midway through the fight.

Angulo just doesn't have the stick-to-itiveness to pull shit off in the later rounds, like Maidana, who showed us that he can still shake the tree late in the fight. One thing's for sure, and I we all can agree on this...watching Angulo fight flat-footed the whole time, is gonna be just as nerve-racking as it is to wait for Ishe Smith to throw a punch.

Angulo by TKO in 6
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Mar 4 2014, 05:18 PM
Post #8


Lightweight


Group: Members
Posts: 876
Joined: 24-March 13
From: philadelphia
Member No.: 13,879



angulo by knockout
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 4 2014, 07:11 PM
Post #9


"The Meanest Nice Guy"


Group: Moderators
Posts: 13,357
Joined: 11-May 11
From: Wherever Greatness is Bred
Member No.: 12,050



QUOTE (Plah @ Mar 4 2014, 07:43 AM) *
Common sense says Canelo by close UD, but something tells me Angulo might pull off the upset by TKO (his only way of winning this fight)

So you're the mystery 3rd person that voted Angulo by TKO? Welcome to the winner's circle!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 4 2014, 07:45 PM
Post #10


Featherweight


Group: Members
Posts: 532
Joined: 25-June 11
Member No.: 12,629



QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 4 2014, 07:11 PM) *
So you're the mystery 3rd person that voted Angulo by TKO? Welcome to the winner's circle!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Actually I was the first one lol
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 10:04 AM