IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Canelo Beats Lara..., The gate opens...let the hate begin...
TheCritics
post Mar 9 2014, 03:21 PM
Post #11

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,114

sorry, last night was very impressive but Lara wins... too well rounded to resemble anything like Angulo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 9 2014, 03:32 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (TheCritics @ Mar 9 2014, 04:21 PM) *
sorry, last night was very impressive but Lara wins... too well rounded to resemble anything like Angulo

Well rounded, but yet he he was stalked and dropped by a slow plodder in Angulo. Well rounded though, huh?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 9 2014, 03:43 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 9 2014, 03:32 PM) *
Well style's do make fights, So i wouldn't give Canelo the W yet, but it would be a much closer fight than Canelo vs Angulo.

What's with the double standard? Most guys have already given Lara the W if he ever shares the ring with Lara. I can look up some of those posts, by the way. "Styles make fights" needs to be explained for whatever the matchup is, since most boxing "fans" use it as a means to shut the other guys up, without the intent of being challenged on it (that excludes you, by the way, lol).

Lara would actually land some punches with Torque, and wouldn't just walk forward the whole time without dodging any punches. But Canelo throws some awesome punches that i could see catching Lara, IF and only IF he doesn't gas out the whole time, because Lara will move with him compared to Angulo just chasing him around. There's alot of variables but I think it would be a better fight than Canelo vs Angulo, which was awesome because Canelo looked like he was versing a moving punching bag, definitely did what he had to do to standpoint.

That's what Lara needs to do (move forward), because all of that circling that he does can EASILY be viewed as "running", let the judges tell it. I think Lara is banking on Canelo being confused by his movement, but, if Canelo takes the fight to him, then I can see him being surprised...and not being able to deal with it.

Canelo's defense (which is underrated by the way) will get him through those "gas" rounds, like it always has. Lara doesn't strike me as an opportunist, just a "play it safe" counterpuncher. There are a lot of variables here (as you mentioned), but the question is, who capitalizes on them?

But during the fight i was thinking "Canelo ain't fighting Lara after this." Meaning I think he's going for something bigger, which is most likely Cotto/Martinez winner, leaning towards Cotto.. They could agree to a catch weight around 155-157 or whatever, they both aint fighting at a certain weight class so i see them doing some weight catchweight shiz.

Agreed

Canelo/Lara would still sell good i think, that all access really helped for angulo. It would sell decent and also give Lara some more starpower bringing in more money for his future too, but i think Canelo just gonna get a way bigger paycheck against the definite big seller, I think the best fight he could get now is against Cotto.

I'm not so sure an All Access series would help Lara at this point...some guys just aren't cut out for it.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 9 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #14

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

Lol put me too on the denial group. While Lara was nowhere near impressive against Molina and Angulo, he raised his game up against Williams and Trout. While I don't see it anymore as an easy UD for Lara (for obvious reasons- Canelo has improved greatly), I just don't see Canelo beating him

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 9 2014, 04:42 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (ROME @ Mar 9 2014, 11:03 AM) *
I was at the Barclays that night as well. Is this where I sign up for team "Denial"? Put me on, thanks.

Was a good event. Lara's speed really impressed. That left hand just blasts out of nowhere.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Mar 9 2014, 04:44 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Mar 9 2014, 04:47 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 9 2014, 12:48 PM) *
I'll add you to the denial group then, lol.

Yes, Alvarez vs Trout could've been scored either way, but I'll be honest, Trout was doing juuuust enough to win rounds, and some of those rounds that fans gave him, were sympathy rounds. I only say that, because he didn't seem as though he wanted it...Canelo imposed his will and put Trout on the deck...totally broke his spirit...he just did a good job of surviving.

GBP should make this one happen. I need to move to 3-0 in Gambit's prediction league.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Mar 9 2014, 05:17 PM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

lara would def go into survival mode and get dropped. canelo has speed and power, he burns up his energy using it, but its never in vain, unless your floyd mayweather, and theres only one of those. i think he ould eventually catch lara and hurt him, then lara would survive a losing fight, much like pacquiao cotto

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Mar 9 2014, 06:10 PM
Post #18

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

I'm not that guy who judges everything on common opponent, I just see Lara cutting the ring off correctly and being too much offensively for Canelo... and I like Canelo, he just loses here thats all

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Mar 9 2014, 07:14 PM
Post #19

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

I'm going to enjoy putting my money on Canelo if and when he fights Lara..if the offensive minded Canelo that showed up last night shows up to fight Lara it doesn't go 12 rounds...lara may be more technical but if Angulo could get to him I definitely expect Canelo to do so as well.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Mar 9 2014, 07:30 PM
Post #20

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (ROME @ Mar 9 2014, 11:03 AM) *
I was at the Barclays that night as well. Is this where I sign up for team "Denial"? Put me on, thanks.

Shit i was there too ringside. Add me to the team denial club.

Canelo Trout was a hard fight and consider that Trout had to take more risks and fight a different type of fight due to the open scoring. He may not have stayed true to his game plan. I think there were other technicalities/stipulations that Canelo's team made trout agree to. Not saying Canelo didnt win, but the fight was close.

Im not saying Canelo cant beat Lara but i favor Lara over Canelo. What did Floyd do against Canelo that Lara can't do against Canelo? Also keep in mind Canelos days at 154 are most likely coming to an end. That weight is draining him.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Mar 9 2014, 07:36 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 03:22 AM