IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Possible Al Haymon and Schaefer Promotion Company and the power of Al Haymon, What will happen with GB?
Dolimite
post Mar 11 2014, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Al Haymon is the dude to sign to. Everyone and their mother is signing with Al Haymon. His boxers than UPS (that was funny). Boxers who have criticized Haymon ended up signing with him. What is the allure of Kaiser Souze aka Al Hayman, I have no idea, but whatever it is boxers are loving what he is selling. If Haymon started his own promotional company with the help of Richard Schaefer how will that change the landscape of boxing? He has so many top fighters that it would not be a problem making fights that fans actually want to see. I asked Ben Thompson what he thought about Haymon's influence and he alluded to Haymon and Schaefer might be trying to start their own promotional company together. If this happens, where does that leave GB? It is clear Oscar can not handle the responsibilities of GB on his own.

Haymon is a powerful man, how did he come to such esteem, I have no idea, and if anyone knows please share. Haymon is looking like the new era in boxing when it comes to promotions and they way a fighter is treated by management. What does Haymon offer his fighters that make fighters flock to him?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 11 2014, 01:26 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Source or STFU

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/diddy_zps6a0d242d.jpg)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 11 2014, 01:36 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 11 2014, 11:26 AM) *

Dude you didn't read did you? I heard Louisiana public school bad but damn! I cited Ben Thompson when I asked him about a possible Haymon starting his own company. Plus I never said anything was factual, I am posing a question.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 11 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 11 2014, 02:36 PM) *
Dude you didn't read did you? I heard Louisiana public school bad but damn! I cited Ben Thompson when I asked him about a possible Haymon starting his own company. Plus I never said anything was factual, I am posing a question.

I read that Ben "alluded to it", but there was nothing concrete there. FYI, Louisiana public schools have GA beat by a country mile. I was doing long division and multiplication in the 3rd grade when I moved here, juuuust to see that these kids were still doing basic addition and subtraction. True story

The question that you posed was good...where does that leave GB? I have another question that may be water under the bring, or still existing...what's going with GBP's debt problems...is that still going on?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 11 2014, 03:18 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 11 2014, 11:55 AM) *
I read that Ben "alluded to it", but there was nothing concrete there. FYI, Louisiana public schools have GA beat by a country mile. I was doing long division and multiplication in the 3rd grade when I moved here, juuuust to see that these kids were still doing basic addition and subtraction. True story

The question that you posed was good...where does that leave GB? I have another question that may be water under the bring, or still existing...what's going with GBP's debt problems...is that still going on?

You just like messing with me. I get it, I like you too.

GB is in debt? Do tell.....

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 11 2014, 08:32 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 11 2014, 01:55 PM) *

Debt problems?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 11 2014, 08:36 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Idk if Haymonn will start his own promotional company, it's almost like he already has that now since his stable is so deep. But I know whatever he touches turns to gold. People talk bad about him but they go work with him, fighters leave him and then they disappear. The man is good at what he does

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Mar 11 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

I haven't read one bad sentence about him from a fighter... just novice fans spewing the usual envious rhetoric

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 12 2014, 08:59 AM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 11 2014, 11:34 AM) *
Al Haymon is the dude to sign to. Everyone and their mother is signing with Al Haymon. His boxers than UPS (that was funny). Boxers who have criticized Haymon ended up signing with him. What is the allure of Kaiser Souze aka Al Hayman, I have no idea, but whatever it is boxers are loving what he is selling. If Haymon started his own promotional company with the help of Richard Schaefer how will that change the landscape of boxing? He has so many top fighters that it would not be a problem making fights that fans actually want to see. I asked Ben Thompson what he thought about Haymon's influence and he alluded to Haymon and Schaefer might be trying to start their own promotional company together. If this happens, where does that leave GB? It is clear Oscar can not handle the responsibilities of GB on his own.

Haymon is a powerful man, how did he come to such esteem, I have no idea, and if anyone knows please share. Haymon is looking like the new era in boxing when it comes to promotions and they way a fighter is treated by management. What does Haymon offer his fighters that make fighters flock to him?

Oscar would simply find another top negotiator out there to handle his business for him, and let's not forget that maybe in a year or so that BHop will more than likely be fully retired and can occupy that same role that Schaefer had easily. Boxers will trust BHop because they know that he is a fighter and they know about his history with promoters who have stiffed him and how he ended up beating Don King at his own game. I don't think Schaefer is some type of magician, he can't even sit down and get Bob Arum to agree to the fight between Floyd and Manny.

I think Haymon is a better negotiator than Richard when it comes to getting fighters to sign a contract but Schaefer may be better at negotiating deals with the vendors and hotel owners as well as dealing with the big networks (Showtime/HBO). Oscar/GBP will be fine without RS but I think with all 3 of them (Haymon, Oscar and Schaefer) working together that they won't be beat by the likes of Arum/Top Rape.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 12 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 12 2014, 06:59 AM) *
Oscar would simply find another top negotiator out there to handle his business for him, and let's not forget that maybe in a year or so that BHop will more than likely be fully retired and can occupy that same role that Schaefer had easily. Boxers will trust BHop because they know that he is a fighter and they know about his history with promoters who have stiffed him and how he ended up beating Don King at his own game. I don't think Schaefer is some type of magician, he can't even sit down and get Bob Arum to agree to the fight between Floyd and Manny.

I think Haymon is a better negotiator than Richard when it comes to getting fighters to sign a contract but Schaefer may be better at negotiating deals with the vendors and hotel owners as well as dealing with the big networks (Showtime/HBO). Oscar/GBP will be fine without RS but I think with all 3 of them (Haymon, Oscar and Schaefer) working together that they won't be beat by the likes of Arum/Top Rape.

They are already are,

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 06:14 AM