Dolimite
post Mar 13 2014, 12:46 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 12 2014, 06:42 PM) *
I'll wait til the facts come out

+1 and I doubt he would pull this while he is trying to build an image for himself and he has a fight coming up. Floyd ain't no real thug, doesn't have the temperament for that life.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 13 2014, 02:09 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 13 2014, 11:46 AM) *
+1 and I doubt he would pull this while he is trying to build an image for himself and he has a fight coming up. Floyd ain't no real thug, doesn't have the temperament for that life.

I don't jump to conclusions. The facts will come out some kind of way.

Though I'll wait til the facts come out none of us are around the guy to say what he's capable and not capable of. I have a hard time believing some of the stuff reported but I can't speak to someone's character because I saw them on tv. People thought Jayson Williams was a good guy and he covered up killing his driver. If you don't know someone personally you can't speak to what they'd do

I just don't know of he'd be willing to risk his freedom by doing something like this. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get money out of him though

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 13 2014, 02:11 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 13 2014, 02:19 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

[quote name='mrchitown' date='Mar 13 2014, 12:09 PM' post='601684']
I don't jump to conclusions. The facts will come out some kind of way.

Though I'll wait til the facts come out none of us are around the guy to say what he's capable and not capable of. I have a hard time believing some of the stuff reported but I can't speak to someone's character because I saw them on tv. People thought Jayson Williams was a good guy and he covered up killing his driver. If you don't know someone personally you can't speak to what they'd do

I just don't know of he'd be willing to risk his freedom by doing something like this. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get money out of him though
[/q
uote]
That is what I was getting. I don't know him personally but by his overall actions, he ain't about that life. If he was, he would of fell out a long time ago plus, things catch up with you, see what is going on with Darren Sharper?

Ray Lewis did the same thing. lol sad world.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Mar 13 2014, 09:03 PM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

I'm surprised espn haven't reported this

+Quote Post
XL1022
post Mar 14 2014, 11:59 AM
Post #15

Amateur

Member No.: 1,967

Don't worry, I'm sure Hype will delete this thread in due time. Even if it is confirmed by major outlets, Fighthype would never dare report anything negative on Floyd.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 14 2014, 01:07 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

[quote name='Dolimite' date='Mar 13 2014, 01:19 PM' post='60168
That is what I was getting. I don't know him personally but by his overall actions, he ain't about that life. If he was, he would of fell out a long time ago plus, things catch up with you, see what is going on with Darren Sharper?

Ray Lewis did the same thing. lol sad world.
[/quote]
Yeah Ray Lewis was a fool. In regards to Mayweather seems to have mellowed since the previous situation. I think a lot of people don't think he'd put himself in this position again

+Quote Post
thehype
post Mar 14 2014, 01:09 PM
Post #17

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Mar 13 2014, 07:06 AM) *
quick question, aint been about for a while so i understand if i get ignored...

Fighthype ran with the TMZ reports about Manny's Tax issue. Why so quiet on this latest TMZ story? Considering the close access fighthype has to Floyd, and seeing how this story is starting to circulate around other media outlets. Why no clarification from Floyd or his people on the story, a statement on here about how its all bull would at least answer the allegation. Cant jus ignore it, you know how the rest of the boxing media love anything negative about Floyd..

In unrelated shit, Bob Arum talking about scuppering the Garcia vs Gamboa fight. Boo!!!

Actually, you mean TMZ ran with the FIGHTHYPE reports about Manny's Tax issues. FightHype.com was the FIRST to report Manny's tax issues and we ran with the story because we had FACTUAL DOCUMENTATION AS PROOF. For further clarification:

FightHype ran the initial story on December 5: http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15709.html

5 DAYS LATER, TMZ ran with their story: http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15750.html

And 2 days later, once we got clearance, FightHype dropped the documented proof: http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15775.html

As for this latest story regarding Floyd, unlike some sites, we don't just regurgitate rumors that don't have any factual basis. To my knowledge, thus far, there's been no legal documentation filed, no police reports (and believe me, that was checked), so there's really nothing to report other than a story that some unidentified men are claiming to be true. That's no different than some source saying that Floyd Mayweather is the father of Lil Kim's baby. Until there's some factual proof, there's nothing factual to report. Once there is some factual information, then we'll post the story just like we've always done. When Floyd Mayweather had his legal problems in the past, we reported on it, so it wouldn't be any different. Now, that being said, we're not going to run to Floyd Mayweather or his team every time some fuzzy story is floated out there about him. If there's more information, like if a lawsuit is filed, then we'll put a little more research into it, but until then, we're going to take the same stance that RingTV and ESPN are taking as far as reporting on this matter.

The story about Manny's tax issues, however, is a totally different issue because, like I said, we had the factual documentation.

+Quote Post
thehype
post Mar 14 2014, 01:11 PM
Post #18

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (XL1022 @ Mar 14 2014, 11:59 AM) *
Don't worry, I'm sure Hype will delete this thread in due time. Even if it is confirmed by major outlets, Fighthype would never dare report anything negative on Floyd.

This thread is still up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 14 2014, 01:43 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (thehype @ Mar 14 2014, 10:09 AM) *
Actually, you mean TMZ ran with the FIGHTHYPE reports about Manny's Tax issues. FightHype.com was the FIRST to report Manny's tax issues and we ran with the story because we had FACTUAL DOCUMENTATION AS PROOF. For further clarification:

FightHype ran the initial story on December 5: http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15709.html

5 DAYS LATER, TMZ ran with their story: http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15750.html

And 2 days later, once we got clearance, FightHype dropped the documented proof: http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15775.html

As for this latest story regarding Floyd, unlike some sites, we don't just regurgitate rumors that don't have any factual basis. To my knowledge, thus far, there's been no legal documentation filed, no police reports (and believe me, that was checked), so there's really nothing to report other than a story that some unidentified men are claiming to be true. That's no different than some source saying that Floyd Mayweather is the father of Lil Kim's baby. Until there's some factual proof, there's nothing factual to report. Once there is some factual information, then we'll post the story just like we've always done. When Floyd Mayweather had his legal problems in the past, we reported on it, so it wouldn't be any different. Now, that being said, we're not going to run to Floyd Mayweather or his team every time some fuzzy story is floated out there about him. If there's more information, like if a lawsuit is filed, then we'll put a little more research into it, but until then, we're going to take the same stance that RingTV and ESPN are taking as far as reporting on this matter.

The story about Manny's tax issues, however, is a totally different issue because, like I said, we had the factual documentation.

Protect yourself at all times, lol.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Mar 14 2014, 06:16 PM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (thehype @ Mar 14 2014, 01:09 PM) *

well damn

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 01:22 AM