IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESPN@6PM(PT)/8PM(ET) Stiverne-Arreola II-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams
Jack 1000
post Mar 12 2014, 11:45 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Note that this is NOT ESPN 2 or ESPN 3, but plan old regular ESPN. It is good to see boxing back on REGULAR ESPN. Boxing needs some competition from the smaller networks and this is a good start.

Only critique I have is that while Arreola-Stievrne I was a good fight, I don't think it was two-sided enough for a rematch, let alone a world championship. In a terribly weak division, this fight realistically puts the winner into contendership, but not a world champion.

Credit-Fightnews: http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/espn-buys-...-rematch-238891

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Mar 13 2014, 02:02 AM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,090

great to see a potentially exciting rematch getting solid publicity. i think this fight could draw in some casual fans, but nothing that will leave a lasting impression.

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Mar 13 2014, 02:31 AM
Post #3

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Boxing should have made it's return to regular tv long ago..you've got Lightweights fighting for a hundred grand on showtime/HBO...can't tell me a network can't come up with 600k per event regularly considering they paid vince mcmahon hundreds of millions for wrestling. There are tons of boxers who don't make much but put on great fights.

This post has been edited by DigitalBoom: Mar 13 2014, 02:33 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 13 2014, 08:27 AM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

That's pretty cool. Nice little shakeup to the industry a bit. Maybe we will see more stuff like this in the future

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 13 2014, 09:39 AM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Their division needs all the exposure they can get

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 13 2014, 12:48 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Tits get another shot, it will be the same outcome.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Mar 13 2014, 02:52 PM
Post #7

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 13 2014, 12:48 PM) *
Tits get another shot, it will be the same outcome.

I think so too. "Nipples" usually makes for exciting fights, but he's just too limited to get above that C grade level against top guys. It shows. Do you think "Nipples" is going to get in shape for this? Or will it be "Tacos and Burritos time" for his training regiment?

I will be pulling for "Nipples" to win, but I think the result will be the same as last time, or close to that.

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 13 2014, 05:28 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 13 2014, 11:52 AM) *
I think so too. "Nipples" usually makes for exciting fights, but he's just too limited to get above that C grade level against top guys. It shows. Do you think "Nipples" is going to get in shape for this? Or will it be "Tacos and Burritos time" for his training regiment?

I will be pulling for "Nipples" to win, but I think the result will be the same as last time, or close to that.

Jack

Tits does not do well under bright lights or the big stages. Little venues he does great but when the heat is full on he tends to look great for the first three rounds and he then he folds. he is the Zab of the heavyweight division.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 13 2014, 08:23 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Wouldn't Arreola be the first Mexican-American World Champion if he wins, or has that already been done before? If not, then that's added motivation for him right there to come in tip top shape and I don't mean coming in "round" lol.

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Mar 13 2014, 08:25 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 18 2014, 09:01 AM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Stiverne gave him that work in the first fight...that body work made for an ugly situation...not to mention Chris's busted nose. Kinda glad that ESPN got this rematch, but as Jack mentioned, it's not like the first fight was a close one, but I'll enjoy watching Arreola get handled again. Poor Ramirez...his fighters just take beatings after beatings. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 05:47 AM