> WBO orders fight between #1 vs #5, Russell Jr-Lomanchenko
Gambit808
post Mar 21 2014, 10:38 AM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 21 2014, 12:35 AM) *
Got one more post, then you're at 1000 my man!!!

Congrats douchebag, your contributions have been amazing around here, and they haven't gone unnoticed! Now I'm waiting on Ryustuh, AZ, and few others to reach that "1000 status"! Appreciate you guys and your hard work!

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee422/TowerGal_Tumblr/Big%20Time%20Rush/tumblr_lkdylwNOIZ1qexv0y.gif)

Ah man, I appreciate the recognition C, and there's plenty more to come with as I proceed with y'all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 21 2014, 11:08 AM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 21 2014, 07:25 AM) *
I was never really fussed about the title cause realistically its a paper belt since Salido isn't the lineal champ. If Lomanchenko wasn't fighting for the belt am sure you guys wouldn't have an issue that he was fighting such a high calibre guy already.

Totally agree, titles are what they are...titles...and everybody seems to be the champion of something nowadays in the sport. However, I was more upset at the fact that he got a shot at big name fighters this soon. Rigo on the other hand, was demolishing guys and looked good doing it, but we were afforded the opportunity to see Loman fight once...knowing that those fights early in a fighter's career, are usually can-kickers and PE coaches.

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Mar 21 2014, 11:38 AM) *
Ah man, I appreciate the recognition C, and there's plenty more to come with as I proceed with y'all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Any time bro, great work and effort is always appreciated around here!

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 21 2014, 11:16 AM
Post #13

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 21 2014, 07:25 AM) *
I was never really fussed about the title cause realistically its a paper belt since Salido isn't the lineal champ. If Lomanchenko wasn't fighting for the belt am sure you guys wouldn't have an issue that he was fighting such a high calibre guy already.

I probably wouldn't. I'd just down grade to just calling it a risky decision on the high caliber fighters part, which either way you look at it, it is. Even while being a "paper belt" though, no matter how skilled and accomplished you were in the Amature and Olympic trials, I don't think it's fair to the other guys who actually bust there asses and earn their shots in the pro's to get where they're ranked, and then be overlooked by a guy that just got in to get his feet wet. I don't want to take to much away from Loma despite being outweighed and argumently over matched, he put on a gutsy performance, but maybe if had gotten a few more fights and experience under his belt, he could have come away with the W... And now this?! Now he's being tapped to fight GRJ without even a comeback/tune up fight?! Loma's got balls but I'm gonna ride with Chi's post on this subject, because it seems like dude wanna cash out on his still young career too soon.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 21 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Hey, this the first top 10 GRJ will face, that is the only real reason I am even remotely interested in this fight happening. This will be a name on GJR that is recognizable. We will see what both men are made up. I like GRJ in this, Gambito, put me down for GRJ in a UD actually naw in a stoppage.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 21 2014, 01:15 PM
Post #15

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 21 2014, 10:57 AM) *
Hey, this the first top 10 GRJ will face, that is the only real reason I am even remotely interested in this fight happening. This will be a name on GJR that is recognizable. We will see what both men are made up. I like GRJ in this, Gambito, put me down for GRJ in a UD actually naw in a stoppage.

Wth? Top 10 where?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 21 2014, 03:39 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 21 2014, 11:15 AM) *
Wth? Top 10 where?

He is fighting the number 5 guy in his weight class. Lomachenko is ranked number 5, so he is a top 10 guy.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Mar 21 2014, 03:49 PM

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Mar 21 2014, 04:12 PM
Post #17

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 20 2014, 11:35 PM) *
Got one more post, then you're at 1000 my man!!!

Congrats douchebag, your contributions have been amazing around here, and they haven't gone unnoticed! Now I'm waiting on Ryustuh, AZ, and few others to reach that "1000 status"! Appreciate you guys and your hard work!

nice work gambit! i was going strong at the beginnin of the year...was just outta surgery and had endless time to kill. back to working 12-14 hour days, appeasing the sig other, and doing what i can to check in here every so often.

regarding lomachenko and grj, im going with gary by UD. vasyl has a solid skill-set, but honestly, i think it's a different beast altogether when you're up on the big stage and the mental effects start kicking in, and it's not like his competition is getting any easier with a guy like grj. shame to see a great prospect thrown to the wolves so early on in his career.

This post has been edited by ryustuh: Mar 21 2014, 04:20 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 21 2014, 06:16 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 21 2014, 02:39 PM) *
He is fighting the number 5 guy in his weight class. Lomachenko is ranked number 5, so he is a top 10 guy.

Oh I thought you had something credible to say something like that. I don't care what no sanctioning body ranks someone. I like Deontay but he's done nothing to be ranked as high as he is by the WBC, and that's just one example...with the right team I could go pro tomorrow and get ranked for a title shot

Vasyl and even a top 20 guy in his own division...thats why I can't wait to see if TR/GB can work something out so GRJ can ice this privileged bum

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 21 2014, 06:34 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 21 2014, 03:16 PM) *
Oh I thought you had something credible to say something like that. I don't care what no sanctioning body ranks someone. I like Deontay but he's done nothing to be ranked as high as he is by the WBC, and that's just one example...with the right team I could go pro tomorrow and get ranked for a title shot

Vasyl and even a top 20 guy in his own division...thats why I can't wait to see if TR/GB can work something out so GRJ can ice this privileged bum

they have to fight according to the WBO. We shall see,

+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 22 2014, 12:56 AM
Post #20

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 20 2014, 10:00 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Now that's a crying shame...Lomanchenko has only had 2 fights and has more recognition and credible opponents than GRJ. Sad, but comical...

My point exactly lol

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 01:10 PM