IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roach believes killer instinct is key, Will this play right into Bradley's hands??
BrutUalBK
post Mar 21 2014, 11:20 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

I think Roach may be over-calculating Manny's chances or underestimating Bradley's overall abilities or doubting his resolve because he believes that Manny needs to exhibit killer instinct and that this is the supposed key for him to beat Tim. Freddie even made a comment to the effect that "Manny took it easy on him so much so that he just laid back the last 6 rounds" or words to that effect.

I don't buy it, I think if MP comes in aggressive that he is going to play right into Bradley's hands, some things that Roach stated makes me believe that Manny may be on his "SPECIAL MILKSHAKES" again but we will find out.

What are your thoughts??

This post has been edited by BrutUalBK: Mar 21 2014, 11:21 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Mar 21 2014, 11:38 AM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

I'd say despite the result of the 1st fight, Manny's aggression worked well for him against Bradley. Perhaps Bradley's aggression could work against him this time and get him caught if he's not careful. I think anytime I see TB get hit good with a shot, or a fighters out pacing him, he has to respond back ten fold and with a guy like Pacquiao who can do both, and is a decent counter puncher himself, it could be more Dangerous for Bradley.

...But all in all, this is only that pre-fight hype talk/mind games that I'm use to with Roach, to sorta throw off the opponents thinking coming into the figh I'd say.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 21 2014, 11:49 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

The biggest problem with Roach is he thinks Bradley is the same fighter that fought Manny two years ago. Bradley has sharpened his skill. Let's not forget that he can take punishment. he went toe to toe with Ruslan and survived. It only took him ONE time to beat Marquez. Bradley is a smart fighter, Roach needs to realize that being an aggressive fighter with killer instinct is not always the golden plan. How did that aggressiveness work with Marquez? Roach even said that Manny hit Bradley so hard that it broke his ankles. Interestingly enough, Manny could not lay out Rios who defends all punches with his face. I think Roach needs to shut up. He is going to get his fighters killed with all this tough talk. The reason why Freddie has Parkinson's is because he took way too many blows to the head. He might want to steer in the way of extreme caution.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 21 2014, 12:10 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

...and how long have we been waiting to see Manny's killer instinct resurface???

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 21 2014, 01:22 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Bradley's gotten better but he still can't punch a hole in a paper bag. If Manny fights aggressive he will win easy. When he stepped in the gas Tim had no answer, and he won't have one this time because he can't keep him off of him

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 21 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Bradley baiting em tone reckless ..... all in his favor ....Manny ain't ko'ing shhhiiidddd!

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 21 2014, 02:09 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

If a lotta people think Manny won the first fight, when he just fought a minute of every round, whats it going to be when its every minute of every round. People can say what they want about Bradley improving and blah blah blah, people forget that even against a significantly slow Marquez albeit he won, he was still being tagged.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 21 2014, 03:14 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 21 2014, 03:09 PM) *
If a lotta people think Manny won the first fight, when he just fought a minute of every round, whats it going to be when its every minute of every round. People can say what they want about Bradley improving and blah blah blah, people forget that even against a significantly slow Marquez albeit he won, he was still being tagged.

Open himself up for counters while looking for a knock out

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 21 2014, 03:52 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 21 2014, 11:44 AM) *
Bradley baiting em tone reckless ..... all in his favor ....Manny ain't ko'ing shhhiiidddd!

Your boys better not sleep in this tournament, upset city, Duke went out.

+Quote Post
ryustuh
post Mar 21 2014, 04:45 PM
Post #10

Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,090

i think pac's bad habits have caught up to him and he cant rely on his relentless speed or "killer instinct" to make up for them anymore. he's so deep in his career that trying to fix any of his technical mistakes is just about hopeless. i rewatched his sparring sess with karim mayfield, and he kept getting tagged with karim's counter right. what's interesting is that karim baited manny to the ropes just like marquez did when he got the monster KO.

the fact that bradley is studying manny's every move combined with joel diaz's solid gameplans doesnt bode well for pac imo.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 06:52 AM