IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's it looking like for Mr. P4P #2?
Gambit808
post Mar 21 2014, 04:48 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Man I hope this ain't gonna be another 1 fight a year we're lookin at here with Andre Ward. Anybody know what's the update on an opponent or something? Is he really gonna sit on the sidelines until we have a result on the Froch-Groves 2 battle, or what? Or Maybe since Virgil Hunter's stable has broadened recently is seen as a reason I haven't seen any headlines of Mr. P4P #2. S.O.G.? We might need to Flashback to that "milk carton" segment FH use to have on here and put AW up there cause ya boy M.I.A. to me at the moment. What's the word?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 21 2014, 05:26 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

Nobody wants the job I guess...people throw themselves at money but not s.o.g. or chacal.

I hope goosen figures something out for him soon.

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post Mar 21 2014, 10:55 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

I don't understand why he's trying to get out of his contract with Goossen. Anybody have any scoop on this?

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 21 2014, 11:56 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Mar 21 2014, 10:55 PM) *
I don't understand why he's trying to get out of his contract with Goossen. Anybody have any scoop on this?

He feels they're not getting him the fights or money he should be getting for a fighter of his caliber.(to my minimal knowledge none of this started till his small war of words with Floyd)

+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 22 2014, 12:47 AM
Post #5

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Mar 21 2014, 10:55 PM) *

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY? sorry If I used all caps but...that questions answers itself

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 22 2014, 08:56 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

I think he wanted to be at the negotiations for his fights, but Goosen was like nahh

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Mar 22 2014, 08:59 AM
Post #7

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

As mentioned before, either no one wants the Job, his leagal issues with Goosen are interfering with his boxing career, or its a combination of both. Surprised Ward wasn't one of the fighters that signed with Haymon, he needs Haymon because right now it doesn't seem like he can get any fights. At least he could fight James Degeale. If he was wise he would fight a TMT fighter at 168 like Badou Jack or Love. Wouldnt do much for his resume but Floyd would at least give him some press through promotion. The cold war is a bitch...

He needs to do something to keep him self relevant like having webisodes or something.

TR and K2 totally shitted on him by trying to hype Golovkin Chavez.

At least if Jordan released a series of Andre Ward boxing shoes. That would help keep him relevant too.

This post has been edited by Marcus: Mar 22 2014, 09:01 AM

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Mar 22 2014, 09:18 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

He needs to be active. He obviously isn't getting the big fights he wants, but if he stays active on HBO, something will come to him. There are plenty of options for him in the future but he just needs to stay busy. He needs to fight the best opponents he can on HBO and let Lampley and Max drool over him 3x a year. There are some really good fights at 175...Stevenson and Kov come to mind. JCCJR is at 168 now and GGG will be a full-time 168 pound fighter at some point. Just stay active in the short-term and something big will come.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Mar 22 2014, 12:04 PM
Post #9

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

WARD DOES NOTHING and it seems he gets a pass----AS FAR as I am concerned, THE SON OF GOD is as much a MYTH AS THE "JESUS" STORY that was concocted by the Romans... Ward is a mystery

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 22 2014, 12:25 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Mar 22 2014, 12:04 PM) *
WARD DOES NOTHING and it seems he gets a pass----AS FAR as I am concerned, THE SON OF GOD is as much a MYTH AS THE "JESUS" STORY that was concocted by the Romans... Ward is a mystery

I wouldn't say a pass but more or less an understanding of the situation .....he's fought damn near everyone 68 has to offer and trying to get big money fights before he leaves the division(I.e.:Chavez jr-ggg winner & froch -groves winner)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 10:47 AM