IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's it looking like for Mr. P4P #2?
AZWildCat
post Mar 22 2014, 12:32 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,789

Regardless I doubt hes hesitate to fight any of the 75ers I mean honestly whose been screaming for him to move up besides a few critics and fans (& ggg fans (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ) I don't recall anyone at 75 yelling out hey Ward bring your punk ass on up so I can whoop that azz!

If I'm mistaken please update and correct me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 22 2014, 01:33 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Mar 22 2014, 11:04 AM) *
WARD DOES NOTHING and it seems he gets a pass----AS FAR as I am concerned, THE SON OF GOD is as much a MYTH AS THE "JESUS" STORY that was concocted by the Romans... Ward is a mystery

Save that religious hatred. It's not honorable at all and I can list bullshit about any and all religions. People believe what they want to believe, let em live...I remember me and you talked about that Malcolm book, people believe Elijah Muhammud was a prophet lol. Like I said I can call bullshit on many religious factions. However you come to God is your way, as long as you go to him

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 22 2014, 01:33 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 22 2014, 01:38 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Easy, nobody wants to take that loss, Ward is the man and we will be the man when Mayweather retires. Sooner or later they're going to have face him. They're just delaying the inevitable. His name gets mentioned then he responds and they backpedal. And it's not just Gennady it's boxers from 160 and up. They'll mention his name and he'll respond and they act like they were misquoted lol. Promoter issues or not the fact is you can't make them fight. They know and sensible people know the truth, they don't want it with SOG

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 22 2014, 01:41 PM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 22 2014, 01:38 PM) *
Easy, nobody wants to take that loss, Ward is the man and we will be the man when Mayweather retires. Sooner or later they're going to have face him. They're just delaying the inevitable. His name gets mentioned then he responds and they backpedal. And it's not just Gennady it's boxers from 160 and up. They'll mention his name and he'll respond and they act like they were misquoted lol. Promoter issues or not the fact is you can't make them fight. They know and sensible people know the truth, they don't want it with SOG

Name association has gone rampant these days

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Mar 22 2014, 06:37 PM
Post #15

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

I like Ward but derailing your career in order to sit in on HBO negotiations is quite moronic... stay busy at 168, continue calling out GGG and JCCr until you can offer your services to another promoter/network

easy fix

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Mar 22 2014, 09:40 PM
Post #16

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 22 2014, 02:33 PM) *
Save that religious hatred. It's not honorable at all and I can list bullshit about any and all religions. People believe what they want to believe, let em live...I remember me and you talked about that Malcolm book, people believe Elijah Muhammud was a prophet lol. Like I said I can call bullshit on many religious factions. However you come to God is your way, as long as you go to him

fact is not hatred.. Pardon me If I offended you.. I was actually trying to be WITTY ABOUT THE SO CALLED SON OF GOD, BUT HEY ...
http://originalpeople.org/bible-scholars-p...ng-jesus-story/

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Mar 22 2014, 09:53 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 23 2014, 12:22 AM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Mar 22 2014, 10:40 PM) *
fact is not hatred.. Pardon me If I offended you.. I was actually trying to be WITTY ABOUT THE SO CALLED SON OF GOD, BUT HEY ...
http://originalpeople.org/bible-scholars-p...ng-jesus-story/

But what is a "myth" about Andre Ward? He's taken on all challenges when he's presented with one. He mowed through that super 6 tournament. He took on Chad Dawson and abused him. Him and his resume' seem quite real to me.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post Mar 23 2014, 08:55 AM
Post #18

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 22 2014, 01:32 PM) *
Regardless I doubt hes hesitate to fight any of the 75ers I mean honestly whose been screaming for him to move up besides a few critics and fans (& ggg fans (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ) I don't recall anyone at 75 yelling out hey Ward bring your punk ass on up so I can whoop that azz!

If I'm mistaken please update and correct me!

Only because there is no money in fighting Ward who is relatively unknown. I am sure if he was putting in work regularly and was known the 175 guys would be calling him out and UP WARD is a great talent, HIS WIN OVER DAWSON was great but It would like to how that bout looks again at 175... I am not sold on his resume, or his son of GOD moniker... HE IS LIGHT YEARS AWAY FROM HEADLINING a PPV EVENT... It would be interesting if Dawson gets on track at 175 and the SON of God gets the guts to move up--- it would be great for his first fight at 175 to be a Dawson rematch... I am just thinking about how Ward is going to rise from mediocrity. I think a move to 175 trumps wasting time on guys like GGG or Chavez JR. I hear it said that Ward is a small 168 etc... please. Floyd is not a natural welter and he has gone up past 147. Now WARD who is said to be small going up to beat a bruiser like ADONIS Stevenson or Kovalev... that is some SON OF gOD work right there...

This post has been edited by MAHDI: Mar 23 2014, 09:10 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 23 2014, 09:41 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Andre not being active is hurting him to no doubt, however even if he were available no one will be willing to take him on. He does everything right. Unless Ward moves up to Light Heavyweight I don't see anyone wanting any of him at SMW. I think he has done everything he could do at 168. GGG wants none and Chavez Jr. wants none. So what is a man to do? he unlike a lot of fighters who have belts and accolades, cleared out his division. So we shall see what happens. he has to get out his contract with Goosen and he honestly needs to leave J PRINCE! I think if he signed with Haymon, it would force HBO to do business with Showtime and GB, no way do they want to lose Andre Ward.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Mar 23 2014, 10:01 AM
Post #20

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,254

Lets just keep our fingers crossed that Grooves beats Froch because we alll know Froch isn't fighting Ward again as much as he likes to talk. With Grooves on the other hand, i think that fight will get easily made.

As far as moving up to 175 is concerned, i think Wards first fight should be against Pascal or Shumenov. Definitely not soft touches or heavy hitters, but they are two noteworthy fighters.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 02:51 AM