IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ALVARADO vs MARQUEZ, Who are you picking??
mgrover
post Mar 24 2014, 02:40 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

dunno, Marquez by some sort of UD? But the thing is if he doesn't up his work rate he could be outworked. At the same time his new "knockout" power isn't exactly what people have been hyping up since the Pac fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plah
post Mar 24 2014, 07:34 PM
Post #12

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,629

JMM all day in this one

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 24 2014, 07:44 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I say Marquez takes it, I'd side with Alvarado but he can't stay focused on a game plan for a full 12rds

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Mar 24 2014, 07:45 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 24 2014, 08:06 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 24 2014, 02:15 PM) *
Tell that to Manny Pacquiao when you wake him up!! Alvarado makes the mistake of fighting too much and not boxing which will be his mistake, JMM can take Alvo's punches but I'm not sure he can take Marquez's.

Lol! Manny ran into that punch, or was set up for it...maybe a little bit of both.

Alvarado gets hurt when he tries to "box", so I cant really even say that he's making a mistake by trying to fight too much. Well, you're probably right...it's like he can't contain himself long enough...he just HAS TO engage and exchange...I bet he secretly hates to box, lol.

I honestly think that one of those Alvarado uppercuts can floor JMM, maybe not stop him, but put him on the deck nonetheless. How big is the height difference in this one?

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 24 2014, 08:19 PM
Post #15

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 24 2014, 08:06 PM) *
Lol! Manny ran into that punch, or was set up for it...maybe a little bit of both.

Alvarado gets hurt when he tries to "box", so I cant really even say that he's making a mistake by trying to fight too much. Well, you're probably right...it's like he can't contain himself long enough...he just HAS TO engage and exchange...I bet he secretly hates to box, lol.

I honestly think that one of those Alvarado uppercuts can floor JMM, maybe not stop him, but put him on the deck nonetheless. How big is the height difference in this one?

Sizewise it would be my guess that Alvo is obviously taller, longer reach but I think he drains himself severely to get to 147 and I think with his long body that he'll be tailormade for JMM's punches to the body and his power. Let's not forget that Rios who is slower than JMM was able to hit Alvarado at will (at least in the first fight) but it isn't exactly like Mike is some defensive wizard or something.

If MA attacks he plays right into JMM's hands, if he does nothing then he allows himself to be taken to the ropes and beat in the body the entire fight, either way he cannot outbox JMM in the center of the ring or on the ropes.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 24 2014, 08:53 PM
Post #16

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 24 2014, 02:40 PM) *
dunno, Marquez by some sort of UD? But the thing is if he doesn't up his work rate he could be outworked. At the same time his new "knockout" power isn't exactly what people have been hyping up since the Pac fight.

Manny wasn't his first knockout ....won't be his last and to be truthful ....he might not get the ko/too. But I guarantee a few kds on both sides ...depends if Marquez slows down some or Mike being shop worn.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 24 2014, 09:13 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

This is going to sound cold, but I rather watch Pooty Tang than to watch this fight. Alvarado ain't going to outbox Juan. The winner of this fight is gets Rios or the winner of Pac and Bradley.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 24 2014, 09:50 PM
Post #18

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 24 2014, 09:13 PM) *
This is going to sound cold, but I rather watch Pooty Tang than to watch this fight. Alvarado ain't going to outbox Juan. The winner of this fight is gets Rios or the winner of Pac and Bradley.

Come on dawg, you a real boxing fan so I know you'll be watching no matter what you say here.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Mar 25 2014, 09:11 AM
Post #19

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 24 2014, 10:13 PM) *

(IMG:http://www.troll.me/images/obama-isnt-happy/wtf.jpg)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 25 2014, 10:24 AM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Mar 25 2014, 01:53 AM) *
Manny wasn't his first knockout ....won't be his last and to be truthful ....he might not get the ko/too. But I guarantee a few kds on both sides ...depends if Marquez slows down some or Mike being shop worn.

I mean this high a weight

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 12:20 AM