IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Kovalev vs. Agnew-SPOILERS, No New Thread Spoilers, or Public Streams
Col Reb
post Mar 29 2014, 11:07 PM
Post #111

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,564

I wonder how Sergey would hold up to body shots; I never did get to see how low the low blow was that dropped him and made him yelp. He also seemed rattled a bit by the cuts but hung in there and worked the body. I'm not sold on Stevenson; I think Sergey beats him if they ever fight. That being said, if BHOP doesn't get caught I think he could beat both of them. I'd probably favor Ward as well, though I really enjoy watching Sergey fight and his personality. Hopefully this HBO/Showtime thing and Ward's promotional nonsense don't keep Kovalev from big fights.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 29 2014, 11:10 PM
Post #112

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 29 2014, 11:59 PM) *
I'd like to feel negative towards the deal but I can't. Adonis is no spring chicken and doesn't have much time in the sport, the writing was on the wall that he wants to be compensated handsomely for his future fights. He brought it up like very other sentence in interviews after his most recent fight. Maybe he and Sergey fight maybe they don't, I'd like to see it as I see Kovalev as an easy mark for Stevenson and even easier for Bernard

I only said that last line to appease the Kovalev nuthuggers, lol. As I mentioned in the Stevenson thread, I cant blame him for looking out for his pockets. I tend to forget that he's what, 36? As they say, nice guys finish last, so I hope it doesn't blow up in Kovalev's face for being nice and trying to please fans.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Mar 29 2014, 11:34 PM
Post #113

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

chi town lost

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 29 2014, 11:54 PM
Post #114

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I know I am late, but I was busy watching Arizona being kicked out of the NCAA tournament! HA! To the fights:

The most interesting thing about tonight was how HBO was pointing all blame on Adonis for not fighting Kovalev not fighting. I know they have to feel real stupid for not making both fighters sign the contract back in January.

Mayfield fight I was a little pissed. Smoger did a piss poor job as usual. Excessive holding and Mayfield being hit in the nuts twice with no point deduction, I found odd. I think Mayfield needs to stay busy, dude has talent but could not fight because he was being tied up. Hopefully he learns from this loss and moves forward.

Kovalev and Agnew, this was a great fight for HBO, lots of blood and big shots, the kind of fights HBO loves. I kept thinking how would Roy Jones fight Kovalev, with speed and pot shots. I think Adonis who is much faster than Agnew could catch Kovalev. I would like Adonis is a KO. Adonis has that heat.

HBO was doing there usual cheerleading oh well

on a side note> I just saw the Pac and Bradley faceoff, Bradley is going to eat Pac alive. And watching the 24/7 Bradley wants it.

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Mar 30 2014, 12:15 AM

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Mar 30 2014, 09:35 AM
Post #115

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Kovalev-Stevenson would be about who has the best chin. I have no idea what type of chin either fighter has. I imagine both fighters will land bombs. You can tell that Kovalev is EXTREMELY confident. If Stevenson can match that confidence, I think he wins if all else is equal. I wish we could see the fight.

Who do you guys see Kovalev moving on to? I think the obvious answer is Pascal, but I seriously doubt that fight happens. Cloud might make sense. Hopkins and Stevenson obviously aren't happening and I don't see any way Dawson takes on the challenge. My guess is Kovalev will fight a guy like Cloud and wait for someone to move to 175. Froch, JCCJR, and Ward are all options to move up. I really hope Pascal steps up and fights Kovalev. That would be a good money fight for him and it would be a pretty big event at 175.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 30 2014, 10:40 AM
Post #116

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Mar 29 2014, 11:34 PM) *
chi town lost

Lost what lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 30 2014, 10:43 AM
Post #117

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 29 2014, 11:54 PM) *
I know I am late, but I was busy watching Arizona being kicked out of the NCAA tournament! HA! To the fights:

The most interesting thing about tonight was how HBO was pointing all blame on Adonis for not fighting Kovalev not fighting. I know they have to feel real stupid for not making both fighters sign the contract back in January.

Mayfield fight I was a little pissed. Smoger did a piss poor job as usual. Excessive holding and Mayfield being hit in the nuts twice with no point deduction, I found odd. I think Mayfield needs to stay busy, dude has talent but could not fight because he was being tied up. Hopefully he learns from this loss and moves forward.

Kovalev and Agnew, this was a great fight for HBO, lots of blood and big shots, the kind of fights HBO loves. I kept thinking how would Roy Jones fight Kovalev, with speed and pot shots. I think Adonis who is much faster than Agnew could catch Kovalev. I would like Adonis is a KO. Adonis has that heat.

HBO was doing there usual cheerleading oh well

on a side note> I just saw the Pac and Bradley faceoff, Bradley is going to eat Pac alive. And watching the 24/7 Bradley wants it.

You mean after watching UCLA get trounced before lmao

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 30 2014, 10:45 AM
Post #118

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 29 2014, 11:10 PM) *
I only said that last line to appease the Kovalev nuthuggers, lol. As I mentioned in the Stevenson thread, I cant blame him for looking out for his pockets. I tend to forget that he's what, 36? As they say, nice guys finish last, so I hope it doesn't blow up in Kovalev's face for being nice and trying to please fans.

Yeah he is 36, and realistically how many years dies he have left? But I'm with everyone else in the sense that I want to see him and Kovalev fight. Just to put into rest so everyone can see whose better

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 30 2014, 03:41 PM
Post #119

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 30 2014, 07:43 AM) *
You mean after watching UCLA get trounced before lmao

You didn't have to go there yo! We didn't get man handled! We would of won if it weren't for all the stupid mistakes we made. Plus, there ain't no shame in losing to the overall number 1 team in the tournament.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Mar 30 2014, 06:58 PM
Post #120

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Mar 30 2014, 10:40 AM) *
Lost what lol

wasn't he from the chi?

yall lost

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 04:27 AM