> I ain't buying what Team Pac is selling
mgrover
post Apr 7 2014, 03:13 AM
Post #81

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 7 2014, 02:14 AM) *
I didn't make it sound like they were love taps, I even admitted that he tagged him but you keep harping on as though that somehow means that TB has not improved. Anyone who isn't a blinded fan of MP can see that TB has improved in the way he thoroughly outclassed the very same JMM that Manny struggled with and lost to. Tim got wreckless because that's the kind of pressure and punching power that Ruslan brings which brought out the kind of bravado that made Bradley want to test his mettle, Manny doesn't have the punching power nor is he the kind of pressure fighter who will make Tim react that way.

Regardless of what Tim said, he believes he won and many people do also, the fact of the matter is that at the end of the day he got the W and MP is the one with the most to prove. What happens when Tim wins? What excuses are you guys going to come up with?

The thing is am not even saying Bradley will definitely lose, am saying PEOPLE like you are making out how he's the next coming. Yet I don't see it, now while you can call me a blind MP fan for it, I don't see all that much difference in terms of his skill between Marquez and Prod fights. Like I said, the reason he did better vs Marquez is because Marquez didn't seem to visibly hurt him or pressure him, in anyway. Hence why he looked better. To top it off Marquez wasn't even cutting off the ring allowing Bradley to freely circle him.

Also anybody think open scoring will be in this?

This post has been edited by mgrover: Apr 7 2014, 07:22 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 7 2014, 10:22 AM
Post #82

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 6 2014, 08:23 PM) *
Lol! I know but it feels so good!

I want roach to respond so I can hear the dirt that Hunter has on him. Hunter is a good trainer. Freddie is letting those trainer of the year awards go to his head.

Freddie isn't as sharp witted as Hunter is. I'd hope that he keeps his mouth shut but he seems to be delusional nowadays. So if he does fire back I hope he's ready for the onslaught that comes his way...Virgil had heat in his comments. the truth hurts. Roach has never built a fighter from the ground up. They already vets when they come to him and many of the fighters he has, you can make the case alot of them haven't improved under his watch

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 7 2014, 02:07 PM
Post #83

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 7 2014, 04:22 PM) *
Freddie isn't as sharp witted as Hunter is. I'd hope that he keeps his mouth shut but he seems to be delusional nowadays. So if he does fire back I hope he's ready for the onslaught that comes his way...Virgil had heat in his comments. the truth hurts. Roach has never built a fighter from the ground up. They already vets when they come to him and many of the fighters he has, you can make the case alot of them haven't improved under his watch

The thing is Virgil clearly knows his shit boxing wise. But am unsure with his constant attempts in the corner attempting to light that fire and be a motivator

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 7 2014, 04:07 PM
Post #84

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 7 2014, 03:13 AM) *
The thing is am not even saying Bradley will definitely lose, am saying PEOPLE like you are making out how he's the next coming. Yet I don't see it, now while you can call me a blind MP fan for it, I don't see all that much difference in terms of his skill between Marquez and Prod fights. Like I said, the reason he did better vs Marquez is because Marquez didn't seem to visibly hurt him or pressure him, in anyway. Hence why he looked better. To top it off Marquez wasn't even cutting off the ring allowing Bradley to freely circle him.

You know I'm really starting to get tired of your ASS-umptions; first you accuse me of making it out as though Provo was hitting TB with "love taps" and now you are here accusing me of saying Bradley is the second coming. I've never stated anything other than the obvious, you're the one constantly going through the motions trying to degrade Bradley's performances by pointing out that he got "tagged" (that happens in this sport, it's boxing) and harping on about how he hasn't improved based on one fight (Ruslan) and then at the same time dissin what he did beating JMM (something your beloved MP couldn't do in 4 fights) but then you want to cast shadows on someone else.

Good you don't see the differences, fine but I would expect someone who doesn't like the fact that their hero lost to the better man to be against that man but all you are really stating in essence is that this man (Bradley) with his lesser amount of improved skills beat your beloved MP.

What does that say about MP if he let a guy who isn't improved beat him? Provo is supposedly not better than Manny but look what he did vs Bradley, again what does it say about MP? Sure I know styles makes fights but your argument is that TB hasn't improved, to that all I can say is we shall see come 12 April.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 7 2014, 04:51 PM
Post #85

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Apr 7 2014, 10:07 PM) *
You know I'm really starting to get tired of your ASS-umptions; first you accuse me of making it out as though Provo was hitting TB with "love taps" and now you are here accusing me of saying Bradley is the second coming. I've never stated anything other than the obvious, you're the one constantly going through the motions trying to degrade Bradley's performances by pointing out that he got "tagged" (that happens in this sport, it's boxing) and harping on about how he hasn't improved based on one fight (Ruslan) and then at the same time dissin what he did beating JMM (something your beloved MP couldn't do in 4 fights) but then you want to cast shadows on someone else.

Good you don't see the differences, fine but I would expect someone who doesn't like the fact that their hero lost to the better man to be against that man but all you are really stating in essence is that this man (Bradley) with his lesser amount of improved skills beat your beloved MP.

What does that say about MP if he let a guy who isn't improved beat him? Provo is supposedly not better than Manny but look what he did vs Bradley, again what does it say about MP? Sure I know styles makes fights but your argument is that TB hasn't improved, to that all I can say is we shall see come 12 April.

Cry harder why don't you

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 7 2014, 10:10 PM
Post #86

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 7 2014, 02:07 PM) *
The thing is Virgil clearly knows his shit boxing wise. But am unsure with his constant attempts in the corner attempting to light that fire and be a motivator

I think he needs to dig a tad more into his fighters careers, and I'm talking about Amir and Angulo. That young boy he got Gonzales is going to be special. He has a great stable but the two that seem to weigh him down are Amir and Angulo. Angulo at least took some of it in, I'm not sure Amir will. I can see why he's called the undertaker lol....he seems to be a laid back coach, kinda like a players' coach so to speak

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Apr 7 2014, 10:10 PM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 8 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #87

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 7 2014, 08:10 PM) *
I think he needs to dig a tad more into his fighters careers, and I'm talking about Amir and Angulo. That young boy he got Gonzales is going to be special. He has a great stable but the two that seem to weigh him down are Amir and Angulo. Angulo at least took some of it in, I'm not sure Amir will. I can see why he's called the undertaker lol....he seems to be a laid back coach, kinda like a players' coach so to speak

Hunter looks at Khan and Angulo as challenges. Khan was never great. Angulo is a rich man version of Brandon Rios. I just know the media gives Roach a big pass.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Apr 8 2014, 02:21 PM
Post #88

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 7 2014, 04:51 PM) *
Cry harder why don't you

great defense

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 8 2014, 06:32 PM
Post #89

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 7 2014, 03:13 AM) *

No open scoring in USA, or UK jurisdictions, in fact much of the world does NOT use Open Scoring in boxing, as it is a violation of Boxing's Unified Rules. It is a WBC rule exclusively. I believe this fight is for the WBO Welterweight title. Open Scoring is a WBC rule that promoters and managers should nullify before EVERY WBC sanctioned fight. Advice to all world commissions, just say "NO TO OPEN SCORING!" The fight will be fought under the Association of Boxing Commissions' Unified Rules.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 8 2014, 08:00 PM
Post #90

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 8 2014, 07:32 PM) *
No open scoring in USA, or UK jurisdictions, in fact much of the world does NOT use Open Scoring in boxing, as it is a violation of Boxing's Unified Rules. It is a WBC rule exclusively. I believe this fight is for the WBO Welterweight title. Open Scoring is a WBC rule that promoters and managers should nullify before EVERY WBC sanctioned fight. Advice to all world commissions, just say "NO TO OPEN SCORING!" The fight will be fought under the Association of Boxing Commissions' Unified Rules.

Jack

You know what...was much as I hate open scoring, allow me to pose a question here...wouldn't open scoring have made the first fight very interesting? Imagine Pac knowing that the fight was as close as it was...both guys would've been forced to step on the gas, which would've prevented this silly rematch.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 01:28 AM