IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV-Bradley-Pacquiao II@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS, No Public Streams (BETA CHAT WITHIN) (Post 1)
Dolimite
post Apr 18 2014, 03:05 PM
Post #141

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 18 2014, 11:17 AM) *
Then who are elite fighters in the 140-147 pound divisions? Pac and Floyd but who is 3rd, 4th, and 5th? Please tell me that Maidana, Peterson, Garcia, and Lucas are all better fighters. Bradley had clearly put himself 3rd on that list. And how in the world can you say that you don't give him credit for those wins? That doesn't even make sense and I would like you to explain yourself. Wins over Alexander, Prov, JMM, and Peterson are certainly good wins. How can you say that they aren't?

I never said his wins weren't credible. I think he foughy Devon and Peterson early. Ruslan was a great win but many people felt he lost that fight.Idon't consider Manny the number 2 between 140-147. Three years ago he was. Thurman could give Manny headaches, Canelo, Matthysse ifnhe fought the right fight could give Manny fits. Since Pac is no longer a brawler but a boxer and he almost was hurt by Bradley, I think Lucas has a chance. I will elaborate more on this, I am in traffic righ now
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Apr 18 2014, 04:31 PM
Post #142

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

why is everybody all of a sudden trying to downplay bradley? and now all of a sudden manny is a boxer? manny has had the ability to box for the last 8 years. Hes been outboxing guys his hole career, its just that it gets overshadowed by his punching. manny stopped being a brawler back when he mastered his right hand and totally reinvented his footwork. mannys footwork used to be a mess, now its some of the best in the game.

edit: i think lucas would get a similar treatment as rios did. no way he can outbox pacquiao or deal with his footwork. he couldnt even deal with danny garcias footwork. funny how you are saying the exact type of guys that manny pacquaio was, would give him fits. manny used to be the thurman and mathysse ypem guy before he evolved his game and mastered the shit. i smell haterism, big surprise.

This post has been edited by klonopinz: Apr 18 2014, 04:41 PM

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 18 2014, 05:35 PM
Post #143

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 18 2014, 04:05 PM) *
I never said his wins weren't credible. I think he foughy Devon and Peterson early. Ruslan was a great win but many people felt he lost that fight.Idon't consider Manny the number 2 between 140-147. Three years ago he was. Thurman could give Manny headaches, Canelo, Matthysse ifnhe fought the right fight could give Manny fits. Since Pac is no longer a brawler but a boxer and he almost was hurt by Bradley, I think Lucas has a chance. I will elaborate more on this, I am in traffic righ now

Ok, so Manny isn't the 2nd best between 140 and 147? Good Lord....ok then, who is #2? Don't tell me who would give him problems. Tell me which fighter (heck, in your world maybe it is FIGHTERS) are better. Canelo doesn't count as he is clearly 154. I know there are fighters that could give Manny problems....but which fighters are BETTER?

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 18 2014, 06:13 PM
Post #144

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 18 2014, 02:35 PM) *
Ok, so Manny isn't the 2nd best between 140 and 147? Good Lord....ok then, who is #2? Don't tell me who would give him problems. Tell me which fighter (heck, in your world maybe it is FIGHTERS) are better. Canelo doesn't count as he is clearly 154. I know there are fighters that could give Manny problems....but which fighters are BETTER?

Manny fights at 147 not 140. Now he known for fighting lightweights as well as junior welterweights. I will deal with fighters at the 147 weights that I believe can beat the present boxer that is Manny. Here is my list : 1. Floyd Mayweather 2. Juan Manuel 3. Thurman 4. Khan, I think the old Manny would blitz Khan, but I do think Khan's speed and height would be too much for this version of Manny to handle 5. Maidana. Big puncher. 6. Broner

All those men I mentioned could beat Pac and have. Pac is on the decline. This boxing version of Pac I am not feeling. I also think Shawn Porter and Guerrero would have a Good chance to beat him. Throw Ruslan n in that mix as well.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 18 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #145

Lightweight

Ok, there are certainly guys that "can" beat Manny but I am asking which fighters are currently BETTER than Manny. You continue to avoid that question. I personally think Manny is still an elite fighter. I think he is a legend overall and he has fallen a bit from where he was but I don't think he has dropped way off. He is more cautious. I still think Manny is truly elite. There are many good 140 and 147 pound fighters out there but I think Pac is a solid favorite over all of them except Floyd and I think he has proven that in his last 2 fights.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 18 2014, 08:13 PM
Post #146

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 18 2014, 05:42 PM) *
Ok, there are certainly guys that "can" beat Manny but I am asking which fighters are currently BETTER than Manny. You continue to avoid that question. I personally think Manny is still an elite fighter. I think he is a legend overall and he has fallen a bit from where he was but I don't think he has dropped way off. He is more cautious. I still think Manny is truly elite. There are many good 140 and 147 pound fighters out there but I think Pac is a solid favorite over all of them except Floyd and I think he has proven that in his last 2 fights.

Rios and Bradley, my dick wants to laugh. The guys I mentioned: May, Juan, Thurman and Maidana. Maidana and May opposition and performances have been better than Pac. You can call him elite but not based off his last two fights.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 19 2014, 12:57 PM
Post #147

Lightweight

Again, which fighters are better than Manny though? That is the question I am asking. I also completely disagree with you about Manny's recent performances. Why do some people only care about the KO? Manny won just about every round against a quality fighter in Rios and he won a solid decision over a really good fighter in Tim Bradley. Those are 2 good wins against 147 pound fighters. Manny isn't as good as he once was, but those 2 results are still impressive.

And why do you keep putting Thurman in there? He hasn't faced anyone on that level. He still is waiting for his first real challenge. JSK is ok but nothing great. I think it is silly to put Thurman anywhere near Manny. Manny probably crushes Thurman.

I don't know...it just seems you have set the bar REALLY high for Manny to clear and to be honest I am not sure if he could ever clear it in your eyes. Manny is absolutely still elite and I keep asking you...if he isn't elite, who else besides Mayweather is at the 140-147 pound range? I still maintain that Manny and Floyd are head and shoulders above everyone else in the highly competitive 140-147 pound weight classes.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 19 2014, 02:39 PM
Post #148

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (KOpower @ Apr 19 2014, 10:57 AM) *
Again, which fighters are better than Manny though? That is the question I am asking. I also completely disagree with you about Manny's recent performances. Why do some people only care about the KO? Manny won just about every round against a quality fighter in Rios and he won a solid decision over a really good fighter in Tim Bradley. Those are 2 good wins against 147 pound fighters. Manny isn't as good as he once was, but those 2 results are still impressive.

And why do you keep putting Thurman in there? He hasn't faced anyone on that level. He still is waiting for his first real challenge. JSK is ok but nothing great. I think it is silly to put Thurman anywhere near Manny. Manny probably crushes Thurman.

I don't know...it just seems you have set the bar REALLY high for Manny to clear and to be honest I am not sure if he could ever clear it in your eyes. Manny is absolutely still elite and I keep asking you...if he isn't elite, who else besides Mayweather is at the 140-147 pound range? I still maintain that Manny and Floyd are head and shoulders above everyone else in the highly competitive 140-147 pound weight classes.

I stopped reading when you said Rios was an elite fighter.

+Quote Post
KOpower
post Apr 19 2014, 03:46 PM
Post #149

Lightweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 19 2014, 03:39 PM) *
I stopped reading when you said Rios was an elite fighter.

What are you talking about? I called Rios a QUALITY fighter. When did I ever call him elite? Read what I said again and then get back to me.

Look, I keep asking you the same question and you continue to try and change the subject. You say that Manny isn't elite and that other fighters are better in the 140-147 pound classes. Who are better? Is Floyd the only "elite" fighter in those loaded weight classes?

+Quote Post
sduck
post Apr 19 2014, 08:23 PM
Post #150

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

I'm going to be brutally honest, no bias, no sucking up. I saw bullshit in this fight. Compubox numbers were way off, again with this vision of Pacquiao. Pacquiao won the fight because Bradley gassed out, but it was again a very close fight. When I see people saying Pacquiao destroyed him, I feel ashamed to be a fan. Pacquiao is the 'star' so everyone is looking at him, giving the other guy no credit. Everytime Pacquiao lands a punch, pom poms were waving from HBO, but Bradley barely got credit for the work he put in. Even in the later rounds, Bradley was gassed out but was still holding himself, putting in some work on Pac that got no credit at all. I was really pissed off after watching this fight, not because 'my guy' didn't win, but because of the sheer bias that is going on in this sport. I personally think Bradley fought a stupid fight, he fought beautifully against JMM, purely boxed him, he should of done the same to Pacquiao, but tried to beat the odds. It's whatever, Pacquiao once again prevailing, and seen as this heroic boxer that deserves all stardom and accomplishments that puts him at the top.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 01:38 AM